Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being one of those girls who hardly gets much male attention... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Huh what? Surely there are some guys who also only want sex in a relationship?
    No? If they say that they only want to appear sentimental in order to attract girls to have sex with them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of these girls (18 years old), and it gets kinda depressing at times. Yes, I know the whole "you're young, you've got time" stuff, but still, when you've been single for 2 and a half years, and hardly ever get hit on, you start to think there's something wrong with you, right? Well, that's how I feel anyway . I'm forever wondering if I'll ever lose my virginity, if I'll ever kiss another guy, fall in love, have a proper relationship. Also, the fact that I am slim and wear makeup and do my hair nicely doesn't help at all, in fact fat girls are getting boyfriends more easily than me (which is why fat hate confuses in the media and this site) :sad:. I mean, what a **** has a girl got to do? :emo:

Anyway, I'm just wondering, is there anyone out there like this? And if so, how did you deal with it? Also, is there anyone who used to be like this, but suddenly started getting more attention? If so, what changed?
    hang in there, sister. im 19 and i never had a boyfriend. i had my first kiss with a guy that i liked but in the end he only wanted sex from me.

what i realised though is that my life is a pattern and i get crushes every 3 years. last one was when i was 17 so im due to one next year :rolleyes:

OP, yes I feel like this all the time! Sometimes it really bothers me and other times it doesn't. It doesn't help that my friends keep telling me I have to pull on night's out and my family say 'still single?!'...

I just think we shouldn't let it get to us - there could be any number of reasons why they don't tend to look in our direction and it'll happen when the right guy comes along!

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of these girls (18 years old), and it gets kinda depressing at times. Yes, I know the whole "you're young, you've got time" stuff, but still, when you've been single for 2 and a half years, and hardly ever get hit on, you start to think there's something wrong with you, right? Well, that's how I feel anyway . I'm forever wondering if I'll ever lose my virginity, if I'll ever kiss another guy, fall in love, have a proper relationship. Also, the fact that I am slim and wear makeup and do my hair nicely doesn't help at all, in fact fat girls are getting boyfriends more easily than me (which is why fat hate confuses in the media and this site) :sad:. I mean, what a **** has a girl got to do? :emo:

Anyway, I'm just wondering, is there anyone out there like this? And if so, how did you deal with it? Also, is there anyone who used to be like this, but suddenly started getting more attention? If so, what changed?
    At least you got a kiss and had a boyfriend! Some of the people on here have had NOTHING! And they are older than you! Not me i'm 16, but you understand what i'm saying, you have had more than some of the people on here who haven't even had a snuggle!

ReputationRep:
    I was in the exact same position as you, then I found myself falling for my best friend who I never thought I'd fall for, and now we're together. It really does come when you least expect it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same OP, though I'm 22 and have been single for 2 years. It can get depressing and confusing at times but I think you just have to get on with life and hopefully something wonderful will be waiting around the corner

ReputationRep:
    Im kinda the same but i dont want attention from guys, i hate it when say guys stare..... In clubs most guys are freaks and are only interested in one thing. Im more the "quiet one" in my group of friends, and my mates that arent really that attractive get a lot off attention only because they are preety loud and act confident or whatever so yeah be more loud then you might get more attention.

ReputationRep:

If you have no confidence you're not going to get anyone. Even fat girls can exude confidence which makes them attractive to potential partners.. Maybe do something different with yourself.. use a non permanent glossy hair dye, do something to give yourself a confidence boost, you'll feel it on the inside and it will shine out to people around you.

(Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    I was in the exact same position as you, then I found myself falling for my best friend who I never thought I'd fall for, and now we're together. It really does come when you least expect it.
    Aww, that's sweet . Nice to know :yep:

(Original post by AnotherLass)
    If you have no confidence you're not going to get anyone. Even fat girls can exude confidence which makes them attractive to potential partners.. Maybe do something different with yourself.. use a non permanent glossy hair dye, do something to give yourself a confidence boost, you'll feel it on the inside and it will shine out to people around you.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm doing something different with my hair this week, so hopefully that will help?

ReputationRep:

i'm the same who never get any girls attention, my friends said to me to be more social, flirt and chat up more, plus they said practice make perfect

ReputationRep:

maybe you need to take action and start being proactive with guys, can't expect a freeride and let us do all the work. if you want something you gotta go out and get it, it wont come to you.

ReputationRep:
    You're right tbh. I'm just too shy to approach though . What's the best way of going about this? How do I know a guy's interested, without making a fool of myself? :erm:
    Hi

Ok, so i'm not really expecting any woman to go upto a guy and start a conversation (although it would be nice) ....... but if i guy looks at you, i don't see why its so hard to make eye contact and smile. This is, as oppose to most women who walk around, going out of their way to avoid making any kind of eye contact.

Again though, maybe its just me they completely ignore !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayB124)
    Guys tend to hit on guys they think they can get into bed.
    Speaking from experience? :camp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thejonsmith)
    Speaking from experience? :camp:
    I don't actually make a move on a girl untill she makes her attention know. I can't tell the difference between harmless flirting and genuine feelings when I am involved. So in that respect, no. But most "men" do.

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually make a move on a girl untill she makes her attention know. I can't tell the difference between harmless flirting and genuine feelings when I am involved. So in that respect, no. But most "men" do.
    To reiterate:

Guys tend to hit on guys they think they can get into bed.
    :camp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thejonsmith)
    To reiterate:

:camp:
    My bad! I can assure you I have never hit on a guy. Except for that once...

ReputationRep:
    Not just to the OP.

Confidence goes a long way. I you make yourself impregnable though shyness then no guy is going to be able to reach you. Also, not all guys are after one thing, I don't know how many are but if you keep shutting them down because you think this every time then no relationship is going to get the chance to form.

On the other hand I know some absolutly super attractive girls who have some difficulty because every guy assumes she is either way out of their league, must have a bf already or is intimidated by them.

ReputationRep:
    Also, the fact that I am slim and wear makeup and do my hair nicely doesn't help at all, in fact fat girls are getting boyfriends more easily than me (which is why fat hate confuses in the media and this site) :sad:. I mean, what a **** has a girl got to do? :emo:
    Fat girls? With boyfriends? Ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKguy29)
    Hi

Ok, so i'm not really expecting any woman to go upto a guy and start a conversation (although it would be nice) ....... but if i guy looks at you, i don't see why its so hard to make eye contact and smile. This is, as oppose to most women who walk around, going out of their way to avoid making any kind of eye contact.

Again though, maybe its just me they completely ignore !!!
    I've had girls coming up to me and chatting, and I don't think I've ever had to go up too a girl to start a convo! :cool:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.