Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

19 and never had a girlfriend? watch

Announcements

Its getting very depressing . Everyone of my friends has had at least one before. I can hardly take it anymore knowing that I am 19, a virgin and have never even kissed. This doesnt do well for confidence either. I just really want to at least have my first kiss. How can I get one? Help a shy guy out? . I want to know how to flirt so I can finally get a girlfriend and lose my virginity. At the very least finally get my first kiss .

No I dont want to "just let it happen" or something like that. This isnt a disney film. Everyone I know has had their first kisses years before and I havent :cry:.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel, my friend. I was in your exact position when I was 19, im still in your position and im 21 next month.

ReputationRep:
    You're desperate and by the sounds of it you might as well hold up a sign saying you are, I bet it comes across that easily.
    Seriously, chill the **** out about it, it really does happen when you don't expect it. That's because thinking that way changes your attitude. You don't give off desperate vibes, you come across as yourself and relaxed, and you're more likely to get somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that weird. If you're really desperate, just pay someone for a kiss...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not the best advice but, go to a club, get drunk and pull! As a first kiss, it won't be romantic or particularly memorable, I guess depending on how drunk you get, but its an easy way to get the ball rolling.

(Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    You're desperate and by the sounds of it you might as well hold up a sign saying you are, I bet it comes across that easily.
    Seriously, chill the **** out about it, it really does happen when you don't expect it. That's because thinking that way changes your attitude. You don't give off desperate vibes, you come across as yourself and relaxed, and you're more likely to get somewhere.
    I wasnt expecting anything and I was quite happy when I was 14/15/16/17. Did I get my first kiss then? No! You probably dont understand how it feels anyway. When everyone around you has had their first kisses and you havent by 19 :cry:.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the Player Academy (Clubs) and skill up. If you want a sweet girl thought you have to wait, they are almost an extinct species! If you just wanne have fun work on your confidence go out more, drink a bit, look good, and calm down!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I wasnt expecting anything and I was quite happy when I was 14/15/16/17. Did I get my first kiss then? No! You probably dont understand how it feels anyway. When everyone around you has had their first kisses and you havent by 19 :cry:.
    Why do you care what anyone else has done?
    You gotta stop feeling sorry for yourself, be confident and just get out there and get chatting to girls.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya there! I wouldn't worry at all, cos I didn't meet my Spanish fiancée until I was 20 and 5 years later (nearly) we're still very much in love.

(Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Why do you care what anyone else has done?
    You gotta stop feeling sorry for yourself, be confident and just get out there and get chatting to girls.
    That is exactly what I need help with instead of this "it happens when you least expect it" crap. I am not good with girls. What do I say when I try to flirt? When do I compliment? etc. :o:.

How can I not care what others have done. I see everyone else with their girlfriends kissing them etc. Then all I can think of is that I have never done that before. Sometimes I tear up a little when I am alone and think about it. Call my a pussy or whatever if you want to, but that is how I feel .

ReputationRep:
    Why do people always put these threads in a question?

ReputationRep:
    Man chill out you probably have another 60 years left of your life to live and I'm sure something will come up! Chill winston.

Failing that, go to your local grotty nightclub, get drunk and watch the fanny pour over you.

(Original post by spazman21)
    Why do people always put these threads in a question?
    That was actually an accident for me :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That is exactly what I need help with instead of this "it happens when you least expect it" crap. I am not good with girls. What do I say when I try to flirt? When do I compliment? etc. :o:..
    How to interact with girls depends on how you meet them. WHat do you do now job/ educationally/ socially wise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    Man chill out you probably have another 60 years left of your life to live and I'm sure something will come up! Chill winston.

Failing that, go to your local grotty nightclub, get drunk and watch the fanny pour over you.
    Excuse me...

You're not the only one. I'm 21 and have done NOTHING with a girl. I don't think I've even really flirted with one. And it is really depressing as it doesn't get easier as the years pass by as the older you are, the more experience and skills with girls a man is expected to have.
    And no I'm not an overweight Star Trek nerd living in my mom's basement, in fact I've seen people honestly surprised when I tell them I have no girlfriend or that I have no experience with girls as I really don't come off as that kind of a guy.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who is in the same situation- but he can't bring himself to fancy either sex, which is proving to be hugely confusing for him.
    Nobody judges him for it, and they won't judge you for it either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fallen)
    What a load of balls.

The OP should know by now which of the posts here are helpful, and which are just wrong, so I won't bother repeating them.
    Good luck.
    Again please don't listen to this guy. I shouldn't be so judgmental but he is studying for a computer science degree and we all know what type of person that degree attracts don't we? :rolleyes:

@Fallen and OP - You're probably in denial. I don't know you, although guessing by your threads (I'm no psychiatrist) you also lack social interaction and seek acceptance after years of isolation behind your computer.

Don't worry, there are numerous organisations to help the estranged like yourself. Your local charity shop is a good place to get started where you can become a volunteer, which will also look good on your CV as I doubt you'll have much else to include.

(Medication can also help - see your local GP)

ReputationRep:
    No, not everyone has had it years and years before you ... Just look at this forum for example, theres tons of people who still haven't had a relationship/been kissed etc!

ReputationRep:
    You're normal.

You may be in the minority, but that doesn't mean you're going to stay single and shag-free forever.

There is no standard way to attract females to you.

Experiment with flirting techniquers on strangers - who cares, you'll never see them again! Then when you find someone you care about, you'll be bare profesh.

If you still feel like you need official advice, I'm sure there's a "Flirting for Dummies" or similar out there.
    Self-help sections are your friend.

Now GO OUTSIDE. TALK TO GIRLS.

G'luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.