Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long before your nail polish chips? watch

ReputationRep:
    Mine is the next day or maybe after 2! And i use No7 nail polish with a base. I heard that it chips easier if you apply more coats...

any tips?

ReputationRep:
    use a top coat?
    My nails are always chipped. I'm a musician; it can't be helped. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    even with a topcoat. lol thats different what u play guitar?

ReputationRep:
    My nail varnish lasts longer when my nails are short! Oh and if I want it to last I apply one coat (no base), then the next day apply another and then 1 or 2 days later apply a clear top coat. They last nearly a week then. Perhaps get a nail buffer - I always smooth and buff my nails before I paint them.

ReputationRep:
    Mine always chips on the second day. No matter what brand I use, whether I apply base coat, top coat or both, no matter how thinly I put it on

ReputationRep:
    Mine takes just a few days but I do a lot of activities using my hands (rock-climbing is hell on nails). I've just discovered Rimmel's Lycra nailpolish though and they seem to be lasting a lot longer than most others I've tried.

ReputationRep:
    By the way OP, if you've got a spare 50quid then you can go to Nails Inc and have them paint your nails with this special stuff that lasts at least 3weeks. I've not got the money myself but it does look good.

ReputationRep:
    Barry M lasts a full 7 days on my nails

ReputationRep:
    2/3 days wish they could last longer!

ReputationRep:
    I use OPI's 3-in1 base coat, top coat and nail hardener. I use it with each layer that I put on. I also find that lots of very thin layers last longer than two thick layers of nail polish and that method usually lasts me about 10 days. I also find that spending a bit more on the nail polish itself is worth it soin my experience, OPI, though about £10 a bottle, does last a lot longer than Barry M.

ReputationRep:
    I have really already nailed Polish chips, they are delicious; the secret is this supply of great potatoes I get from the west of Warsaw.

ReputationRep:
    About thirty minutes?

ReputationRep:
    No7 nail varnishes are ****
    My uncle sent me some varnishes from Africa years ago and they last 3-4 days before they start chipping <3

ReputationRep:
    I read this as "how long before you nail polish chicks"
    Wtf.
    I think i'm too tired.
    But generally a few days with Barry M

ReputationRep:
    Base coat and top coat helps, but it still feels like mine chips in about ten minutes :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivingMemory)
    I have really already nailed Polish chips, they are delicious; the secret is this supply of great potatoes I get from the west of Warsaw.
    hah. this at first confused me, then made me laugh

ummm my polish usually chips 4-5 days later. but i do find OPI lasts longer, and doing topcoat touchups every couple days can make your manicure last over a week!

ReputationRep:
    Mine just lasted 8 days with only an extra coat or two on after a few days, which I'm chuffed about And it still looked lovely too! Normally it starts chipping straight away!

Barry M and 17 are good, Collection 2000 ones aren't bad either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sky_Dream)
    About thirty minutes?
    Yep same here - I like dark colours too which makes it more obvious, too. Damned real life getting in the way.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Not long! I generally keep the polish with me and just reapply over the top :p: It looks weird, but better than chips.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    2-3 days

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.