Turn on thread page Beta

Your favourite fashion quotes? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    "I tell my young assistants that the more they dress for sex, the less sex they will get." - Muccia Prada

Share yours!

ReputationRep:
    "a stitch in time saves nine"...

ReputationRep:
    I follow Karl Lagerfeld on twitter. So any one of his tweets, basically. Oh and Coco Chanel's “Before leaving the house, a lady should stop, look in the mirror, and remove one piece of jewelry.”

ReputationRep:
    “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” another bit of Coco Chanel

ReputationRep:
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

ReputationRep:
    Fashion comes and goes, style is eternal (Yves St Laurent...I think!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dior)
    "I tell my young assistants that the more they dress for sex, the less sex they will get." - Muccia Prada
    How is that quote even remotely true?

ReputationRep:
    "I'm passion perfected, fashion neglected"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tailschao)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.
    I was gonna post this. I hate you. :hmmm:

(Original post by dior)
    there are so many girls out there that need to be told this! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doubledot)
    I follow Karl Lagerfeld on twitter. So any one of his tweets, basically. Oh and Coco Chanel's “Before leaving the house, a lady should stop, look in the mirror, and remove one piece of jewelry.”
    So true! Whenever I'm going a bit crazy on costume jewellery (which I often do :p:) I look in the mirror in the hall and think, 'Shall I do a Chanel?!' Haha such a simple piece of advice but so true.

ReputationRep:
    Fashion fades, only style remains the same.
    The best color in the whole world, is the one that looks good, on you.

ReputationRep:
    I follow Karl Lagerfeld on twitter. So any one of his tweets, basically.
    Agreed!

http://twitter.com/karl_lagerfeld = life.

(Original post by Retrospect)
    I was gonna post this. I hate you. :hmmm:
    It's a great quote, isn't it? :p:

(Original post by AmiiRainbow)
    there are so many girls out there that need to be told this! :p:
    Absolutely!

Another fave:

"British fashion is self confident and fearless. It refuses to bow to commerce, thus generating a constant flow of new ideas whilst drawing in British heritage. - Lee 'Alexander' McQueen (RIP)

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh, I was gon' say that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tailschao)
    Love this quote.

Wilde :love:

ReputationRep:
    'Style' is an expression of individualism mixed with charisma. Fashion is something that comes after style.”

ReputationRep:
    “I have often said that I wish I had invented blue jeans: the most spectacular, the most practical, the most relaxed and nonchalant. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes.” - YSL

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.