Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I've got some hyper-sensitive ears so after loud music, they always ring for like a week, and I've been left with tinnitus, so I've decided to wear ear plugs tonight (Welcome Party at the student union, where there'll be loads of live bands). Anyone else wear ear plugs to loud places or am I just being weird :p:

ReputationRep:
    maybz you should start listening to loud music or something to get used to it, or see a doctor!

ReputationRep:
    i dont but you see a lot of people who do
    usually the band members!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a good idea if it effects you that much. If you're embarrassed, why not just wait to put them in when everybody is a bit drunk and won't noticw?

ReputationRep:
    Well it depends on if anyone notices... and if they do you could just explain your tinnitus. I'd doubt anyone would though as it'll probably be quite dark.

I understand your reasoning though, I wouldn't want to make the ringing any worse.

ReputationRep:
    dont go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xgeorgia)
    maybz you should start listening to loud music or something to get used to it, or see a doctor!
    That's a good idea. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who wears them. Shes studying music so her hearing has to be as perfect as possible. No one cares. If anyone asks just say you get really bad migraines from loud music as your hearing is really sensitive.
    How often really do you look at someones ears anyway!? If they are small and discreet they will probably go unnoticed by most, especially those that are drunk.

ReputationRep:
    Whoever said to listen to loud music to get used to it is an idiot. Hearing damage is cumalative, once it's damaged it doesn't heal itself. Personally I wouldn't go to a club or gig without them as without my hearing I'm f**ked... Maybe if you look at the sound engineer during the gig and see that he's wearing them might indicate to you that it's a good idea Heck, I love loud music, but I'm starting to see (hear) the dangers and the damage to my hearing so try and protect it while you've got it

Don't be a sheep, try and set the trend ehh? :P

ReputationRep:
    I wearthem at raves. I think it makes the music sound better

ReputationRep:
    how did wearing earplugs lead to an angry discussion on sex? that's quite an impressive leap

ReputationRep:
    I wear them at gigs. No biggie really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdman09)
    Hey I've got some hyper-sensitive ears so after loud music, they always ring for like a week, and I've been left with tinnitus, so I've decided to wear ear plugs tonight (Welcome Party at the student union, where there'll be loads of live bands). Anyone else wear ear plugs to loud places or am I just being weird :p:
    I do all the time, why not tbh
    No-one sees them, the music isn't boomy, and people's voices are actually much clearer. Win-win situation!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my days

ReputationRep:
    Grow your hair? Can't see your ears then...

ReputationRep:
    obvious troll is obvious

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.