Turn on thread page Beta

annoying clingy guy... watch

ReputationRep:
    this guy texts me literally every day asking to meet up, and i make an excuse EVERY day! i feel mean but i know if i meet him it will be awkward as im pretty sure he wants to be more than friends....what should i do? let him down gently?

I have the same problem with this girl and I want to know how to tell her to leave me alone :/

ReputationRep:
    Just ignore his texts

ReputationRep:
    i had to tell someone to stop texting me, 'i cant and dont want to'

it worked

ReputationRep:
    Don't text back. I've had clingy people before, blanked them for a while and they lost interest.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure he'll soon get the hint and/or find another girl to text incessantly. Don't feel like you need to come up with an original and wild excuse each day - just tell him tomorrow that you're really busy at the moment and he might lay off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PearlyWhites)
    Just ignore his texts
    no seriously like i do ignore his texts, and after like 2 hours he will continuously text me with ?'s and then starts going on with his sob story cause his parents have spilt up and all this, so i feel mean!

ReputationRep:
    Since when was the option **** him and get over it allowed!?

ReputationRep:
    no dnt let it slide
    just say no thanks, just say strate up no and make it clear that its a perma no.

ReputationRep:
    To shut him up, just say yes once and then afterwards tell him you have had a **** time (lol) He will get the idea xD Or this next bit is harsh, just disagree to any of his opinions in your convos xD? I dunno but good luck :P

ReputationRep:
    for a start who the hell is this guy? Is he on a course your studying, do you share the same work place etc? How did he get your number in the first place basically..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    for a start who the hell is this guy? Is he on a course your studying, do you share the same work place etc? How did he get your number in the first place basically..
    he is a friend of a friend, i have met him about 6 times, not on my own though like at parties and stuff. he got my number by asking my friend for it! i have never foegiven her since!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xgeorgia)
    he is a friend of a friend, i have met him about 6 times, not on my own though like at parties and stuff. he got my number by asking my friend for it! i have never foegiven her since!
    well that's a clear as day signal he fancies you is socially awkward hence him asking a friend for your number and bombarding you with texts...at those parties and such, did he approach you and engage in conversation and cling to you at all, or not even communicate with you?

ReputationRep:
    no seriously like i do ignore his texts, and after like 2 hours he will continuously text me with ?'s and then starts going on with his sob story cause his parents have spilt up and all this, so i feel mean!
    Keep ignoring him and he'll eventually get the message!! I've been here, and trust me it's the only way he'll get lost. It's sad about his parents, but he has other friends/ family he can lean on. And by the sound of things- he doesn't need comforting- he wants to date you!

ReputationRep:
    this guy texts me literally every day asking to meet up, and i make an excuse EVERY day! i feel mean but i know if i meet him it will be awkward as im pretty sure he wants to be more than friends....what should i do? let him down gently?
    Lucky you :P

I'd say wait it out in hope that he will get the hint. But if all else fails just make an excuse or simply be honest and tell him how you feel. Gently though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    well that's a clear as day signal he fancies you is socially awkward hence him asking a friend for your number and bombarding you with texts...at those parties and such, did he approach you and engage in conversation and cling to you at all, or not even communicate with you?
    didnt really communicate!

ReputationRep:
    I know a girl who had the same problem, She asked me if I could have a few words with him on the phone so I did and he never texted her again

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him the truth.

It's not your job to be the guardian of his happiness, and letting him continue with this false notion that anything will happen isn't fair to either of you.

He'll get over it.

ReputationRep:
    didnt really communicate!
    you got yourself a stalker! Toy with him for your own amusement...

or if you're not me, just ignore him. The the odds of you meeting up in a group of friends quite high though?

ReputationRep:
    isn't there a way to block texts from a certain number on your phone.. there was in my last one (came in handy)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.