Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BOYS ONLY - Why do you think you have never had a girlfriend? watch

ReputationRep:
    1) I think it's because I don't appeal to them maybe? I'm all for equality in relationships, i.e. paying the same amount, most girls I talk to think that's stupid, and when I said what if a girl actually proposed? They just laughed. I asked why, they have no actual reason.

2) 17

3) Nothing. If a girl actually comes and asks me and agrees with my views, then I'll consider them.

ReputationRep:
    went to an all boys school for ages, never really met any girls and when i did they were taken/just friends/not actually attractive haha

was going to ask a girl out, but she fancies my mate dunno, if i like a girl who's single, ask her out? if not, just try to be friends i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by volts)
    1.never even had a conversation with one
    3.nowt
    Your profile pic has made my day. Superb selection!

ReputationRep:
    I have one. I didn't use to have one because I hadn't found an awesome girl who realised I'd make an awesome boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    1)Because the right person hasn't come along - well ok they have but it was complicated with them.
    2) 18
    3) Exactly what I was doing before - it's going to happen - I'm not ugly and not that shy.

ReputationRep:
    I know this is "only boys" :P but just thought I'd add that some girls, like me prefer guys who have hardly had any gfs.. less baggage and no annoying ex gfs coming in between.

So, don't feel bad if you've never had a girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doubledot)
    I read the title and thought of the Little Rascal's movie, "BOYS ONLY! Girls suck!", and then I actually started reading it and got really sad. And I felt like an undercover voyuer. Anyhoo, just saying that I'm glad to see I'm not the only chickadee.
    Chickadee's are so not allowed in this thread according to the thread rules written by the thread starter who started the thread. I hope I've made myself crystal clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thejonsmith)
    And how would you know what level of 'freedom' to expect if you've never had a girlfriend?
    a few factors, girls around my area are not attractive. I like to be able to do whatever i want without restrictions/ worry. I'm career/education focused and rather leave it all for abit later.

i'm not ugly and i've had offers but i just want to meet someone at uni who is more like me..

ReputationRep:
    1. I'm fat.
    2. 17
    3. Lose some weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamps08)
    Girls arent worth being insecure about. But like all things in life you have to practice with girls. Offcourse ppl will be insecure the first few times they chat to a girl. Thats natural. Just go up to a girl. What the hell is there to be insecure about? its just cause its a new hobby.
    I know we're not worth being insecure about. And girls shouldn't be insecure about boys. I mean it's just talking. We've been doing it since we were like 2. What makes a persons gender so hard to talk to someone. I completely agree with you there's nowt to be insecure about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by volts)
    1.never even had a conversation with one
    3.nowt
    You know I can't even tell if you're being sarcastic...I must be tired. Are you being sarcastic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    Good answer dude! There are waay too many guys moaning about not having a girlfriend on here.
    Losers sticking together!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    1) Too picky, shyness, dont go out much, maybe ugly dunno.
    2) 23
    3) Dunno

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doubledot)
    I read the title and thought of the Little Rascal's movie, "BOYS ONLY! Girls suck!", and then I actually started reading it and got really sad. And I felt like an undercover voyuer. Anyhoo, just saying that I'm glad to see I'm not the only chickadee.
    It says boys only ofc we're going to read It's 'forbidden' so we want to look even more. Just like how the guys read all the 'GIRLS ONLY' threads :p:

1. I have no spine --> Unpopular and no friends.
    2. 16
    3. Care cup empty. Right now, I am stressing about getting my straight As' and getting into a good university. If that fails, then I am truly ******.

(Original post by MancBoy)
    I want to see everyone's opinions so yeah...

1) Why do think you have never had a girlfriend?
    2) What age are you?
    3) What are you/going to do about it?
    1) I am not sociable enough and I do not make enough of an effort to get to know girls specifically.
    2) 16 so plenty of time yet.
    3) For now I'll just continue as normal I guess but if it gets to the point where I am at Uni then I guess I'll really make an effort. I go to an all-boy's school so I don't have many opportunities atm but that'll change when I get to Uni.

ReputationRep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    1. I don't need/want one, I don't want all the drama and have to spend money on petty stuff that comes with relationships. oh and religious reasons.

2. 18

3. Nothing, got enough problems to deal with anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesomesauce)
    Doubt he is. I am in same boat dawg. Meh, lets turn asexual and accumulate large quantities of wealth and prosperity. Ftw. :indiff:
    How do you make your post count say 10k all the time?:eek3:

No you can't be serious, I cannot see how you could NEVER have had a conversation with a girl, surely at the very least you've worked in groups and had to have conversations about the work. Surely you've hung around in a group at school which included girls, or even very rarely chatted in class, even if we're talking under a minute of conversation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bakerzoid)
    Well lets see. There's how tall you are (this is very important), how good looking you are (symmetrical features), good skin, etc. And if we look at this New Scientist article on the subject of attraction:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...our-lover.html

We see the following statistics: "It is estimated that when you meet a stranger, their impression of you is based 55 per cent on your appearance and body language, 38 per cent on your style of speaking and a mere 7 per cent on what you actually say."

Personality means very little, it's all about how you look. Nothing to feel insecure about, eh?
    I'm going to give you an D- for analysis of evidence. That's (by the sounds of it) only one study, with no indication of how results were collected, how they were analysed, sample size and demographics etc. There's also a clear agenda since it's published in NewScientist, which despite being scientifically oriented is still at it's heart a magazine trying to make sales. I'm not even denying that looks are that important, but don't quote those stats as if they mean anything.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.