Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BOYS ONLY - Why do you think you have never had a girlfriend? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    yeah I'm doing zoo biology(Zoology if it were Notts, same course code.), honestly the facilities and the fact they have so many species to do hands on work with at Brackenhurst is amazing.

Hey well a medical condition makes clubbing a bit of a no no for me, so that puts me in a minority anyway, but hey hopefully my confidence and charm(if I say so myself!) and the fact I am going to join societies like mad will mean there will be plenty of events for me to do and pub crawls/relaxing in bars. It's what you make of it eh?

are you doing ok on making friends this week? As I believe you have already pretty much finished your freshers now? You started everything a week earlier?(well we start later).
    Nah i'm in my final year lol so all that stuff is waaay behind me :P Notts is a cool place to be and there is plenty to do even if you can't drink anything alcoholic. I hope you manage to find things that interest you and people you can relate with. The first month (maybe even 2-3 weeks) is toughest and then after that it all flies by trust me. Only seems like yesterday I was actually a fresher and now i'm in my final year eugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doubledot)
    And I felt like an undercover voyuer.
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tailschao)
    1) Why should I have had a girlfriend?
    2) 17
    3) Nothing
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Splodger)
    1) I have had a GF but I don't know I'm far to bulshy towards people and can come across as very aggressive when I've had a few drinks.
    2) 19
    3) **** all, I'd put money over a girl so if the money calls first you know exactly what I'd rather chase
    Apart from the aggressiveness part, WE ARE EXACTLY THE SAME!

ReputationRep:
    1) I don't want/need one. I'm not willing to put in the time and money for something that will never last
    2) 19
    3) Nothing

ReputationRep:
    1) I'm ugly, unattractive, overweight, and I don't look my age.
    2) 18
    3) Keep wallowing in self pity until I eventually give up and kill myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sternumator)
    Even though I am comfortable talking to girls I never really approch them, even the ones I know, I just wait for them to come to me. With the girls who do come and talk to me I would never dare to show any interest in them because I am scared of being rejected so nothing goes any where.
    Haha this is so me!! especially when I was in school, I dont think I have ever shown interest in a girl before she had with me. Every gf Ive had made the first move. And its not that Im insecure, Im actually quite confident.

I guess because I have never been rejected I'm sort of scared of it happeneing especially as I have alot of pride (which I hate, trust me).
    Probabaly why I haven't had a girl for like almost 2 years now - they all expect me to make the first move.

Now adays I tend to only make the first move with girls I'm not really interested in interms of having a relationship e.g clubs. But a girl I really liked, I would hide it at all costs Lol.

Sounds immature but I'm not. Im actually quite mature :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    I want to see everyone's opinions so yeah...

1) Why do think you have never had a girlfriend?
    2) What age are you?
    3) What are you/going to do about it?
    1) Don't feel comfortable around them and self-esteem is too low due to lack of talent which means i am too weak to survive more rejections
    2) 17
    3) Nothing because I have become disenchanted with the idea of having a gf
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by JmJtr)
    Haha this is so me!! especially when I was in school, I dont think I have ever shown interest in a girl before she had with me. Every gf Ive had made the first move. And its not that Im insecure, Im actually quite confident.

I guess because I have never been rejected I'm sort of scared of it happeneing especially as I have alot of pride (which I hate, trust me).
    Probabaly why I haven't had a girl for like almost 2 years now - they all expect me to make the first move.

Now adays I tend to only make the first move with girls I'm not really interested in interms of having a relationship e.g clubs. But a girl I really liked, I would hide it at all costs Lol.

Sounds immature but I'm not. Im actually quite mature :yep:
    I used to be like you and Sternumator, but bro unless your really good looking or a girl really likes you your not going to get much action. You can't dwell on rejection too, take it and move on, we're not Brad Pitt unfortunately. This actually reminds me of a conversation my brother and a friend were having.

Bro: Go to talk her
    Friend: Nah, I don't want to get rejected
    Bro: Seriously what's the worse that can happen
    Friend: True

(Go up to girl in club)

Friend: Hey can I buy you a drink
    Girl: F*ck Off!

Rarely happens but to be honest it's kind of jokes when it does.

ReputationRep:
    Because I cant be bothered to be around people long to make any effort.

I had some gfs sort off but I didnt really do much. I liked the ones that were quiet and just made food and chilled with me but they get bored that I just sit and play video games and wacth tv and dont do anything at all. Its like I show no interest in them cause I dont really. Its weird I just dont really have much passion or excitement towards a partner more need basis sex, make food, some company etc...

(Original post by MancBoy)
    I want to see everyone's opinions so yeah...

1) Why do think you have never had a girlfriend?
    2) What age are you?
    3) What are you/going to do about it?
    1. I've never had a girlfriend because:*.
    2. Twenty-one, as of this last Friday
    3. Try and stop doing some of the things that put women off me, or else go where women who're more likely to like someone like me go.

• I'm not as attractive as many other blokes - or I'm just not seen my most women as a bloke.
    • I dress anachronistically (I wear a jacket and shirt most of the time), so people see me as a bit of a joke.
    • I say odd things, and am slightly daft.
    • I spend too much time playing with computers, and it's one of the few things I get excited about during conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    You know I can't even tell if you're being sarcastic...I must be tired. Are you being sarcastic?
    I'm really not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by volts)
    I'm really not.
    I mean when you were much younger as in primary school I imagined you talked to girls a bit, but you're saying for the past decade almost, apart from possibility "hi" "hi", you've not really talked to a girl, just general conversation?

I just find it unusual as to how it can physically occur, I'd have thought quite often a conversation has to happen. Did you go to an all boys school? I assume your friendship group as been male only, none of them introduced girls to the group which you at least had to be friendly with?

ReputationRep:
    To nervous to ask a girl out. Uncertain what the reaction would be. Have high expectations, but lack the confidence to ask a girl out.
    Like to question what i can offer in a realtionship and what the girl wantsw from a relationship.

2. 18

3. Nothing

ReputationRep:
    1) I was with my ex for almost 2 years. But left her as she turned into a complete psycho after i started uni. Been single ever since.
    2) 20
    3) Nothing, if something good is going to happen, it'll probably happen when i least expect it so there's no use waiting for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CondensedMilk)
    1) I'm ugly/unattractive.
    2) 20
    3) I'm going to keep telling myself I'm fine and put on a brave face for everyone, while the loneliness actually drowns me from the inside.
    :console:

Awwww. :puppyeyes:

Chin up! You'll find somebody. Trust me. And when you do, your confidence will be sky high and you'll have a permanent happy face and you'll forget all about the past and everything that happened.

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    1) Cos it's better to be single at this age
    2) 17
    3) Shag as many girls as I can... (lol)

ReputationRep:
    1) Relationships too shallow at this age.
    2) 16
    3) Focusing on my studies

ReputationRep:
    1) My lack of self-esteem. My inability to make normal conversation. Being boring. I'm short. My youthful appearance.
    2) 21
    3) Probably nothing. It's a lost cause.

(Original post by watchthis)
    1) Have had girlfriends, but trust me EVERYONE, being single is much better
    2) 17
    3) Nothing
    Why should we listen to you?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.