Turn on thread page Beta

What else can I make? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a massively fussy eater and I don't like ready meals that tend to have ''hidden gristle.'' I don't have time to cook something from scratch every night either.

I'm looking for ideas of things I can make, and then put in the freezer which will require minimum effort to cook again e.g. bunging it in oven for half an hour. So far on my list I have:

• Shepherds pie
    • Cottage pie
    • Curry?
    • Spaghetti bolognese
    • Lasagne

*Nothing with fish though, I don't want to stink out the whole flat!

Any more ideas? It really would be appreciated!

Chili

ReputationRep:
    You need to come cook me something when you come here!

ReputationRep:
    Stew, search internet, you can practically make it out of anything. Brilliant for freezing - have with rice or on it's own.

Oh & invest in a microwave, makes heating up frozen dishes oh so much easier.

ReputationRep:
    Most stews and casserols freeze and re-heat without a problem
    Curry is also fine (I saw the question mark - I often make batches of a basic vegetable soup type base that I then freeze in portions but you could make the whole thing)

Also remember that dried noodles only take a few minutes in very hot water (by which time your thinly chopped meat is cooked) before draining and adding to the wok (or non-stick frying pan), add soy sauce and seasonings and you have a meal in 20 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    casserole!

ReputationRep:
    Most pasta dinners are really easy to make and then you can just put some in the fridge. Just cook the pasta, put it in the fridge and then add a different sauce each day for a change

ReputationRep:
    You as a mod should know everything.

(Original post by The Referee)
    Most stews and casserols freeze and re-heat without a problem
    Curry is also fine (I saw the question mark - I often make batches of a basic vegetable soup type base that I then freeze in portions but you could make the whole thing)

Also remember that dried noodles only take a few minutes in very hot water (by which time your thinly chopped meat is cooked) before draining and adding to the wok (or non-stick frying pan), add soy sauce and seasonings and you have a meal in 20 minutes.
    stew is SO GOOD
    as is noodle stir fry <3

ReputationRep:
    any stir frys
    or chilli - all you need in mince, rice and sauce, plus veggies if you need
    i am also a fussy eater and hate cooking but i find that these are nice and easy, as well as being very cheap!

ReputationRep:
    What sort of casseroles? If you have any recipes/links that'd be awesome too

(Original post by Ewan)
    Stew, search internet, you can practically make it out of anything. Brilliant for freezing - have with rice or on it's own.

Oh & invest in a microwave, makes heating up frozen dishes oh so much easier.
    We do have a microwave I just put oven because stuff with mash on top like Shepherds pie is so much nicer when it's crispy :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    I'm a massively fussy eater and I don't like ready meals that tend to have ''hidden gristle.'' I don't have time to cook something from scratch every night either.

I'm looking for ideas of things I can make, and then put in the freezer which will require minimum effort to cook again e.g. bunging it in oven for half an hour. So far on my list I have:

• Shepherds pie
    • Cottage pie
    • Curry?
    • Spaghetti bolognese
    • Lasagne

Macaroni cheese, steak/chicken/vegetable pie, soup...

ReputationRep:
    Soup. It's so easy to freeze and then reheat, ready for another dinner with fresh-baked bread. I've got this amazing hand held blender and I use it to make a lot of soup - things like spicy tomato soup (or cold gazpacho, if it's a warm day), creamy sage butternut squash soup..

Even without the hand blender, I still make lots of hearty ones, like a beef, barley and various chopped vegetable soup, which is great during the colder weather.

ReputationRep:
    Moussaka :coma: :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Toad in the hole, easy and simple, just mix eggs flour and milk together in a bowl and cook in a baking tray with sausage soo nice :drool:

ReputationRep:
    beef steak is so easy.

ReputationRep:
    Tuna pasta bake. (Yes, I know tuna is fish, but it's not smelly.)

Chicken and spinach lasagne.

ReputationRep:
    Stir Frys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)

• Shepherds pie
    • Cottage pie
    • Curry?
    • Spaghetti bolognese
    • Lasagne

chicken fajita's!!!!

ReputationRep:
    How about steamed veggies and steamed chicken breast?It's my favorite dish.You can get some very cheap marinated sauce that you can fry with as well.I can get you the name if you want.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.