Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What else can I make? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    What sort of casseroles? If you have any recipes/links that'd be awesome too

We do have a microwave I just put oven because stuff with mash on top like Shepherds pie is so much nicer when it's crispy :coma:
    Basic casserole:

Onion
    Carrott
    Swede
    Turnip
    Potatoes
    Stewing beef

Brown meat lightly in a frying pan (if desired, you don't have to do this)
    Put all ingredients into a large casserole dish, cover with water.
    Season with salt and pepper.
    Add a crumbled stock cube (2 if you're making a large pot of casserole)
    Put in the oven at 180C (~160 for a fan oven) for 2-2.5 hours, check after 1.5 hours to ensure that enough liquid remains.
    Add gravy granules to thicken if desired and putback in oven for 5 minutes.

Into that you can substitute chicken, turkey pork or lamb. You can also add pretty much any other veg you want.

Add some finely chopped chilli if you like a spicy meal, plus any other spices you might like (chinese or indian stock cubes make a really nice change).
    A tin of chopped tomatoes added means that gravy granules are not needed and give a really nice sauce.

I have some other recipies as well, I'll find them for you.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the ideas so far guys :love:

I've just remember that I have 8 chicken breasts in the freezer, and I'm not a huge fan of chicken. What can I do with them, other than curry and casserole?

ReputationRep:
    you can eat them raw.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.