Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guys - What would you want in this situation? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you want the short version read the red.

Basically Ive had small tiff via text with this guy im seeing.

In a nutshell:
    He text me with his argument and then said to have a good night.
    I replied with my argument, apologised incase I had made him mad, said I was thinking of him and to have a good shift at work.

Ive used the word argument but it wasnt really that, sort of just expressing a bit of annoyance with each other and it didnt end on a bad note, just sort of an awkward silence I guess.

Ive had no reply after my text, I didnt expect one as he goes silent on me when I argue back as im better at it lol but its been more then 24 hours and we usually text everyday so I just miss talking to him.

Now he has alot of pride and we are both really stubborn, difference is I dont mind saying sorry because I know he wont and its just easier when its over something so trivial.

Now I know its not good to be clingy which is why ive not text him yet but im wondering if I should make the first move.

So in this situation would you want space and youll text back when you are good and ready?

Or would you want her to text you and be the first to give in and say something?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    This guy sounds/seems very similar to how I am with women at times. I know when I'm acting like this I'm doing it because it allows me to keep my distance as I know I can turn the blame on the person I'm with at any second.

Sounds like he's not that seriously into you if I'm perfectly honest - as hard as it is for you to read that.

ReputationRep:
    How about you give him a call?

ReputationRep:
    my god(me I suppose)...OP I'm just like you, I often end up apologising even though I won the argument(IMO) just because it's easier to do that and let them have their little victory pride then have it drag on, because they're even more stubborn.

You could start with a non apologetic but positive text? You know just a usual how are you, was work ok, love you etc.

ReputationRep:
    Are you dating him? Because saying you were thinking of him was like really clingy (well I don't know the situation so if I'm wrong so be it). And no dont text him, I mean have some pride and simply do more interesting stuff then that ^^

ReputationRep:
    everyone in H&R should put their questions in that format. Good.

ReputationRep:
    Im confidant he likes me, thats not the problem but I just dont want to come across as clingy or pressure him to talk if he doesnt want to because hes so stressed with work right now (which is the reason we had this tiff)
    I was thinking of saying something like 'are we still not talking... coz I miss you xox' .....???
    Any ideas? what would you like to hear from me if it was you? If at all....
    And thanks for this guys, I really appriciate it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukasvalio)
    Are you dating him? Because saying you were thinking of him was like really clingy (well I don't know the situation so if I'm wrong so be it). And no dont text him, I mean have some pride and simply do more interesting stuff then that ^^
    He said it to me first... so I figured it was ok :lol:

And Ive got pride, its only hes got more, stubbornly so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_Lexie_x)
    He said it to me first... so I figured it was ok :lol:

And Ive got pride, its only hes got more, stubbornly so...
    So you end up chasing him pretty much all the time, right? Which is exactly what he wants...

If you're chasing him, he's in control - which is clearly what he wants...

ReputationRep:
    oh that's good to know. So you said he's stressed then you should make it easy on him by not putting more strees on him by saying are we still not talking? . For me it's very annoying if I was simply in a bad mood and am now. So I would advise you just to play it cool (I mean be casual like nothing happened)and text him when you want and then you'll see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EsStupido)
    So you end up chasing him pretty much all the time, right? Which is exactly what he wants...

If you're chasing him, he's in control - which is clearly what he wants...
    Oh he definitely likes to be in control, Im can read him so easily in some ways :lol:
    Thing is hes not cocky about it, he doesnt gloat so I dont mind, hes humble when it comes to stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    for a relationship to work a man has to have control of it because once he doesn't it's over. That said the guy has to also be respectfull if not hes just a "player".

ReputationRep:
    If a girl in your place would be attractive I would want her to ask me to have hot sex with her :teeth::hump2: . And also I would want her to stop using the internet for every f++king thing she cant solve with her brain.

All your feelings are no biochemically different to eating large quantities of chocolate - lust and anxiety for more.

F++king shoot yourself booo hooo Jesus Christ you havent talked in 24 hours .This relationship sh+te... :bawling:

Learn to deal with these situations without the internet, our society is becoming retarded by the day .:rant:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.