Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by profi_log)
    Offer for PPE, but I haven't been allocated to any college yet, anyone in the same situation?
    Me!
    I got my offer on December 6th and STILL have no college! I guess they've all gone away for Christmas now so we won't hear anything until January.
    I applied for University though so it was a bit of a long-shot, but I'd like to know where I'll be living...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elf.)
    Hey everyone!

Course: PPE
    College: Hild Bede
    Status of application: Waiting...

Who's heard anything?
    xx
    Ahh that's so reassuring! I haven't heard anything either
    On the AES when your application has been sent to the college, is that when you've got an offer d'ya know?

I know a couple of people who got offers, but they were open applications so I odn't know if that makes a difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    Anyone know the best way of getting to Durham? I saw a train from my nearest station would take 3 and a half hours and is £80 return, worth it?
    You could try getting the Megabus to Newcastle, and then getting a train from Newcastle to Durham. It'll take longer than going by train, but will be a lot cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Us3rname)
    Well, see, this is the thing. I'm only applying to HYP. If I got one of them (full bursary) how would you view that in comparison with Durham and Cambridge for law? Hypothetically speaking.
    I personally would take Cambridge for law over HYP. Would take HP over Durham. I'd really have to think about it for Y. Would your major be math and science based? If so I would only take HP. If social sciences and humanities then HYP. What are your career interests/goals? I might be able to paint a better picture for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrGumby)
    You could try getting the Megabus to Newcastle, and then getting a train from Newcastle to Durham. It'll take longer than taking a train, but will be a lot cheaper.
    Thanks, thats a good idea, I'll look into that
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I hope to get an offer from Durham, but from seeing some of the maths rejects, it's really unlikely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    I hope to get an offer from Durham, but from seeing some of the maths rejects, it's really unlikely
    I wasn't aware of these rejections. Look on the bright side, at least they're still considering you

ReputationRep:
    Applied for V100 History on the 4th November, still had nothing more than in department. Losing faith, would anyone suggest emailing them ? Or should i just wait it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Us3rname)
    Yeah, that's pretty much my thinking to be honest. Would definitely be majoring in social sciences/humanities, probably something like politics or IR, before doing a law degree either in US or England. Beyond that, career-wise I'm considering the foreign office, politics, journalism or law.

What about you? Definitely looking to go into law?
    Okay if you know you are going to go into law then Cambridge/Durham for sure imo. If you can get a high second/first from either of those, you are pretty much guaranteed a TC. A 4 year US undergrad wouldn't do a thing for you.

Yeah, I'm definitely going into law--main reason why I didn't bother applying to too many schools in the US. I would've majored in political science...so nothing that was worth 4 years on top of a law degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    they do it pretty much first come first serve so if there wasnt a huge surge in apps. just before you sent it off, youre on the 'maybe' list ...but from vast experience people are bloody happy wherever they go, everyone i know go on about how amazing their uni is lol....where else have you applied?
    Durham is my favourite.. but i'm pretty much happy wherever I go uni sounds amazing. I've got offers from Exeter and Surrey, still waiting on Durham and Warwick.. and was recently rejected from Oxford:mad:

and you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mfreeman.)
    Applied for V100 History on the 4th November, still had nothing more than in department. Losing faith, would anyone suggest emailing them ? Or should i just wait it out.
    Nothing to lose faith about, it really is very early days, esp. with an application sent in November. The department will have had lorry loads arriving before yours because of the Oxbridge deadline.

I was moved to college last year on Dec 29th (!) but only got an offer in Feb. The previous year, a schoolfriend with all the top grades finally got an offer in March.

Personally, I wouldn't e-mail; it can't do any good and may well annoy.

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine on the 7th of September and am still in department
    Just wait it out, you'll only be wasting their time if you email them.

ReputationRep:
    Applied 22nd October... Nada. Wait it out, it may be worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard for Economics and Politics(LL12) yet? Still Waiting here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by africansky)
    Hey, I applied for zoology too and havnt heard anything back yet, and on AES it hasnt been accepted by a college. Please let me know how it goes, I dont know anyone whos got an offer from durham. what college did you apply for?
    Will definitely let you know how it goes and if you hear anything could you tell me please. It's pretty gutting not hearing anything from the unis when all my mates are getting offers, some have all 5 I applied for St. Mary's, you?

ReputationRep:
    Modern Languages (German & ab initio Italian) at St. Mary's

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I'm honoured that the 2000th post quoted me
    Who is thinking of going to the open days in March?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    People are getting rejected already? You will get an offer hopefully though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuttynatz)
    Durham is my favourite.. but i'm pretty much happy wherever I go uni sounds amazing. I've got offers from Exeter and Surrey, still waiting on Durham and Warwick.. and was recently rejected from Oxford:mad:

and you?
    yay exeter is amazingg i saw it i got offers from st androobs durham warwick and bath lol

good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Economics at St. Hild and Bede!!
    Anyone else going there??

Oxford reject

Applied to Warwick and bristol as well...
    but really like Durham!!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.