Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can you find out what college they've allocated to you another way than the letter? I got an offer two weeks ago but my post wont come through for another fortnight..!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msazbubble)
    can you find out what college they've allocated to you another way than the letter? I got an offer two weeks ago but my post wont come through for another fortnight..!
    On AES, if you click on "links", there may be a college link for the college they've allocated you to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuttynatz)
    haha.. me too.. I've been dying... I really like Durham!

Good luck... I hope you get one to
    What are your predicted grades could i ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnaChance)
    Still waiting on International Relations (L250). I swear waiting till March will kill me, especially since I've already been rejected from LSE.

Same, even though I'm 90% i won't get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kay_mart1)
    What are your predicted grades could i ask?
    Sure... I was predicted 40 points at IB But I think I screwed up well and truly in the LNAT test for law... so I'm really worried, fingers crossed that my PS and reference make up for it

How about you? (if you don't mind me asking)

ReputationRep:
    Sure... I was predicted 40 points at IB But I think I screwed up well and truly in the LNAT test for law... so I'm really worried, fingers crossed that my PS and reference make up for it

How about you? (if you don't mind me asking)
    Really sorry for being ignorant but i don't know how your grading system translates in terms of A levels
    I am predicted 3 A at alevel
    Oh and don't get me started on the LNAT...nightmare!!
    Where abouts are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kay_mart1)
    Really sorry for being ignorant but i don't know how your grading system translates in terms of A levels
    I am predicted 3 A at alevel
    Oh and don't get me started on the LNAT...nightmare!!
    Where abouts are you from?
    40 points = 652 ucas points = slightly more than 6 As at A Level
    Universities dont really recognise that though - i do the ib too and its suuuper frustrating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by webber8345)
    40 points = 652 ucas points = slightly more than 6 As at A Level
    Universities dont really recognise that though - i do the ib too and its suuuper frustrating
    6 As at A level would be 720. And people doing A level don't effectively get UCAS points for all the sport, music, volunteering, etc that they do.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got offers for law????
    I'm dying here... got rejected from Oxford.. and I really really really want Durham.
    This is agonising... I hate waiting
    nah i havn't heard anything either,
    soz about oxford btw, my friend got a rejection too and he really should have got in,
    hae you got any idea what durham's LNAT cut off point is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    6 As at A level would be 720. And people doing A level don't effectively get UCAS points for all the sport, music, volunteering, etc that they do.
    Sorry youre entirely right I miscounted. So more like 5.
    btw we dont get points for that stuff either, we have to do it but we dont GET anything for it but a box ticked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Any mathmo's got offers yet? If so which college?
    I got one a couple of weeks before Christmas. Then about a week and a half later I got Castle confirmed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nia M)
    No, I'm not.

I've been using the AES thing - it still says my application is with the department. And I've been in to see the Combined Honours office, and also the French and Maths departments, and they never said anything about my combination possibly being an issue with it combining an Arts and a Science subject.
    I do Combined and there are absolutely no issues with your combination whatsoever! The university's trying to encourage people to take languages anyway!

2 months is nothing - they haven't had all the applications yet (deadline is middle of January) so they can't really start giving out many offers until then, otherwise it's unfair on people who apply in January, and not giving everyone equal consideration is against the UCAS rules.

Most people wait til March to here so don't panic yet! Remember that everyone's on holiday at the moment, and also it's the tutors (who also teach students and mark work) who select applicants, so the process takes a while as they can't just stop teaching to read ucas forms!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    I just checked the natural sciences website for my particular choice, and I have realised there is much less flexibility than I initially thought, but thats alright, they are good modules
    Are people generally applying to BSc or MSci natural sciences?
    which subjects are you planning on taking? Unless you want to do a Masters, your course should still be quite flexible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    which subjects are you planning on taking? Unless you want to do a Masters, your course should still be quite flexible.
    Ye I do want to do a Masters! So I will be taking Maths and Physics, I'll be happy with that pathway tbf. I was going to do the physical chemistry module too, but I can easily give that a miss.
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Ye I do want to do a Masters! So I will be taking Maths and Physics, I'll be happy with that pathway tbf. I was going to do the physical chemistry module too, but I can easily give that a miss.
    What about you?
    Oh cool, I guess you'll have to do only maths and physics then, but you should be able to choose some of your modules within those subjects. I do social sciences, so the same idea just in another faculty

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool, I guess you'll have to do only maths and physics then, but you should be able to choose some of your modules within those subjects. I do social sciences, so the same idea just in another faculty
    Ye i had a look, I can choose ONE optional module in my second year!! And one in my third too And for the fourth year it really is up to you, study what modules you want really, quite a wide selection and you do the project then too

ReputationRep:
    I do Combined and there are absolutely no issues with your combination whatsoever! The university's trying to encourage people to take languages anyway!

2 months is nothing - they haven't had all the applications yet (deadline is middle of January) so they can't really start giving out many offers until then, otherwise it's unfair on people who apply in January, and not giving everyone equal consideration is against the UCAS rules.

Most people wait til March to here so don't panic yet! Remember that everyone's on holiday at the moment, and also it's the tutors (who also teach students and mark work) who select applicants, so the process takes a while as they can't just stop teaching to read ucas forms!
    I received offer for Combined and plan to study Classics and English--what do you study and what year and college are you in?

ReputationRep:
    Ye i had a look, I can choose ONE optional module in my second year!! And one in my third too And for the fourth year it really is up to you, study what modules you want really, quite a wide selection and you do the project then too
    Woo a whole 1 module! haha, I guess that the compulsory modules are chosen to be the ones which relate to each other though, you'll probably be doing the physics-y maths modules (if there are any!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skypig97)
    I received offer for Combined and plan to study Classics and English--what do you study and what year and college are you in?
    I'm a 2nd year, I'm doing 4 subjects this year (neither of classics or English though), not sure which ones I'll concentrate on next year yet!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 2nd year, I'm doing 4 subjects this year (neither of classics or English though), not sure which ones I'll concentrate on next year yet!
    I haven't heard which college, but I applied to Chad's so I imagine I'll hear next week . . . I am planning to visit for Open Day in March.

4 subjects is a lot? Did you do that many last year? Where are you from? I live in America.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.