Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Waiting to hear back from them for Archaeology and Anthropology. It's driving me mad! Has anyone on a similar course heard anything? Should I take this long wait as good or bad? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basmati)
    Ah nah I'm not panicking, just wishing I hadn't taken maths (Y)
    I got a Leeds offer which I'm happy with, I'd just be over the moon if i got Durham/York!
    Thanks for the support though
    what's wrong with maths?! (Unless you're thinking you're not going to get an A and you're 'only' doing 3 A-levels.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    what's wrong with maths?! (Unless you're thinking you're not going to get an A and you're 'only' doing 3 A-levels.)
    I'm rubbish at it? Not a lot else against it really.
    Got an A* at GCSE and flopped last year with a D
    And I'm a History applicant, maths wasn't ever going to help me get where I want...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basmati)
    I'm rubbish at it? Not a lot else against it really.
    Got an A* at GCSE and flopped last year with a D
    And I'm a History applicant, maths wasn't ever going to help me get where I want...
    Maths is really really analytical...History is really really analytical...

(But obviously not doing well at AS maths doesn't mean you won't be good at a history degree!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueJoker)
    Waiting to hear back from them for Archaeology and Anthropology. It's driving me mad! Has anyone on a similar course heard anything? Should I take this long wait as good or bad? :/
    Hi, I had an offer for straight Anth 2 weeks ago but they have told some people that they're making most of the decisions after 15th Jan, so don't worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a question.
    I've received a conditional offer and it was updated on UCAS Track. On choice details, it says the campus: 1 which is Collingwood College.
    I was wondering if this means that I've got into Collingwood, even though I haven't got a letter from the college?

ReputationRep:
    Hild bede is 8mins from town and elvet riverside thanks, 4 mins from sainsburys, and 15 from the science site!

Closer to elvet riverside and town (and clubs) than any hill colleges
    haha sorry, yeah i lived in parsons field but i go to hb occasionally to train in the gym. Its the damn hill! im at viaduct now though.

The snow was crazy this year huh? I saw a guy ski to his lectures haha!!!

ReputationRep:
    Maths is really really analytical...History is really really analytical...

(But obviously not doing well at AS maths doesn't mean you won't be good at a history degree!)
    I think once you're past GCSE you have to actually have an interest in the subject to do well, hence why I did so badly.
    And they're totally different subjects for my brain to process, I'll happily judge a story, but try and get me to do magic tricks with numbers? My brain just melts.

ReputationRep:
    I had my primary ed interview just waiting to hear back with an offer/rejection!
    I think it went okay it's just the waiting - its making me nervous!!

I also applied to Stephenson college at Queens Campus !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watchthis)
    I've got a question.
    I've received a conditional offer and it was updated on UCAS Track. On choice details, it says the campus: 1 which is Collingwood College.
    I was wondering if this means that I've got into Collingwood, even though I haven't got a letter from the college?
    Not necessarily. My campus code stayed as "1" on UCAS but then Aidan's appeared under "links" on AES and then I got the offer from Aidan's. Is Collingwood where you applied? You might still be lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayteeKaytee)
    Not necessarily. My campus code stayed as "1" on UCAS but then Aidan's appeared under "links" on AES and then I got the offer from Aidan's. Is Collingwood where you applied? You might still be lucky.
    Oh really? Thanks for that, I'll just wait for the letter to come then Yeah, I applied to Collingwood but to be honest I'll be happy at any good college as long as it's near the science site. And, by "links", do you mean "useful links"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnny Luk)
    haha sorry, yeah i lived in parsons field but i go to hb occasionally to train in the gym. Its the damn hill! im at viaduct now though.

The snow was crazy this year huh? I saw a guy ski to his lectures haha!!!
    much much shorter than the hill colleges' hill though! Is that in bede gym? If you're going anywhere else in college, you can walk along the towpath and up a few steps, no hills needed

skiing?! wow, dedication to his lectures!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here for St Cuthbert's?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by magicalyoghurt)
    ME Are you going for the open day in March?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    ME Are you going for the open day in March?
    Not sure. I haven't replied anyways. Waiting to see what happens with my other choices and I'm going away in February so it might be too expensive lols Would love to though if I can. Do you think it's too late to send it by now?
    Are you going? What you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure. I haven't replied anyways. Waiting to see what happens with my other choices and I'm going away in February so it might be too expensive lols Would love to though if I can. Do you think it's too late to send it by now?
    Are you going? What you applying for?
    You mean to go to the Open Day? I don't think so for many people (like me) are still waiting for their decision.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have an offer for Geography at St Cuthbert's!! What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kdally1)
    Yes I have an offer for Geography at St Cuthbert's!! What did you apply for?
    I have a conditional for Education with English Just need to get the grades now lols

ReputationRep:
    hey well done on everyone's offers and letters from their college! im actually quite worried now, coz i applied to durham for politics and sociology course (at hatfield) but was only predicted A*AB, and people got rejected even though they are predicted higher than me! i havent heard from them yet....but was just wondering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e.lau16)
    hey well done on everyone's offers and letters from their college! im actually quite worried now, coz i applied to durham for politics and sociology course (at hatfield) but was only predicted A*AB, and people got rejected even though they are predicted higher than me! i havent heard from them yet....but was just wondering?
    Don't worry too much. Your grades aren't the only part of your application. Your statemet and reference are also important. And Durham themselves said that a lot of decisions would only be made after the deadline, which is in 11 days

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.