Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sappho)
    Don't worry too much. Your grades aren't the only part of your application. Your statemet and reference are also important. And Durham themselves said that a lot of decisions would only be made after the deadline, which is in 11 days
    thank you...yeh hopefully...im applying to lse as well. so hopefully one of them will like me at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e.lau16)
    thank you...yeh hopefully...im applying to lse as well. so hopefully one of them will like me at least
    Good luck for your application then

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for your application then
    what have u applied for? and have u heard any offers?

ReputationRep:
    what have u applied for? and have u heard any offers?
    I'm applying for Classics. So far, I have a rejection from Oxford and an offer from Warwick, and a rejection and reconsideration from Edinburgh.
    I really hope to hear from Edinburgh and the others soon...

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Classics. So far, I have a rejection from Oxford and an offer from Warwick, and a rejection and reconsideration from Edinburgh.
    I really hope to hear from Edinburgh and the others soon...
    i had a friend who applied for classics as well and got rejected from oxford too. but no worries, its their loss im sure u will hear from edingburgh soon, i know they've given out a couple of offers but thats it. what college have u applied for in durham?

ReputationRep:
    i had a friend who applied for classics as well and got rejected from oxford too. but no worries, its their loss im sure u will hear from edingburgh soon, i know they've given out a couple of offers but thats it. what college have u applied for in durham?
    Unfortunately I applied to Castle... I know they're already oversubscribed for Classics. So we'll see whether I'll go if I was to get an offer. Which is your college of preference?
    Actually the woman whom I spoke to about my reconseideration told me "I'll get back to you either today or in the next days." That was three weeks ago But I do realise that they've all left uni for the holidays, so I might indeed hear from them very soon.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I applied to Castle... I know they're already oversubscribed for Classics. So we'll see whether I'll go if I was to get an offer. Which is your college of preference?
    Actually the woman whom I spoke to about my reconseideration told me "I'll get back to you either today or in the next days." That was three weeks ago But I do realise that they've all left uni for the holidays, so I might indeed hear from them very soon.
    i applied to Hatfield, and i hear they only really like really really sporty people. im relatively sporty but i wouldnt say im olypic standard...so yeh we'll see sorry i dont quite understand...what is the reconsideration process? do they do that automatically? yehh...well birmingham said they were closed till the 5th, so im guessing thats pretty much the same for all unis, so maybe u'll hear from then after then?

ReputationRep:
    i applied to Hatfield, and i hear they only really like really really sporty people. im relatively sporty but i wouldnt say im olypic standard...so yeh we'll see sorry i dont quite understand...what is the reconsideration process? do they do that automatically? yehh...well birmingham said they were closed till the 5th, so im guessing thats pretty much the same for all unis, so maybe u'll hear from then after then?
    Well, a friend of mine got into Hatfield, and she isn't Olympic standard either as far as I know (Correct me if I'm wrong, Sempiternitas).
    No, they don't do that automatically. They rejected me because I don't have an A level in Latin, so I got in touch and explained how my level of Latin is still good enough to study Classics (I'm an international student). And apparently they accepted my Latin qualifications now, which doesn't mean I'll be offered a place because the Latin is actually just the requirement, but my application is under consideration again. Hurra!
    Yes, I think I read on Edinburgh's website that they'll be back at work on the 5th, which is tomorrow. *fingers crossed*!
    Where else did you apply?

edit: It wasn't me who neg-repped you btw...

ReputationRep:
    Well, a friend of mine got into Hatfield, and she isn't Olympic standard either as far as I know (Correct me if I'm wrong, Sempiternitas).
    No, they don't do that automatically. They rejected me because I don't have an A level in Latin, so I got in touch and explained how my level of Latin is still good enough to study Classics (I'm an international student). And apparently they accepted my Latin qualifications now, which doesn't mean I'll be offered a place because the Latin is actually just the requirement, but my application is under consideration again. Hurra!
    Yes, I think I read on Edinburgh's website that they'll be back at work on the 5th, which is tomorrow. *fingers crossed*!
    Where else did you apply?

edit: It wasn't me who neg-repped you btw...

ohhh that just makes me even more nervous now! what did ur friend apply for? ohh i see...well good that ur considered again yeh so i think all the uni's are back on after the 5th, so yeh definitely fingers crossed!

naa its alright, im a new member to this and am slowly getting this, so neg-repping me isnt a really big deal. but thanks for letting me know lol!

ReputationRep:
    ohhh that just makes me even more nervous now! what did ur friend apply for? ohh i see...well good that ur considered again yeh so i think all the uni's are back on after the 5th, so yeh definitely fingers crossed!
    She applied for Classics like me.
    Sorry, I wasn't intending to make you nervous really! I wish you the patience you'll need

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional for law!

ReputationRep:
    She applied for Classics like me.
    Sorry, I wasn't intending to make you nervous really! I wish you the patience you'll need
    wow! well done to your friend! hahaha yeh i def need to be more patient!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffanie)
    Unconditional for law!
    well done! did u just find out?

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional for law!
    Congrats from me
    When did you hear if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    well done! did u just find out?
    Thank you!
    And yus, it's literally just changed on UCAS track. I'm far too excited haha.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats from me
    When did you hear if you don't mind me asking?
    Thanks
    It changed to received by a college on AES a few weeks ago, and the offer's just come through on Track

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    It changed to received by a college on AES a few weeks ago, and the offer's just come through on Track
    Oh I see. I actually stopped checking AES because it was so disappointing every time :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see. I actually stopped checking AES because it was so disappointing every time :cool:
    Ahh, that "your application has been received by the department blaah" thing was so demoralising, although it's not as bad as KCL's "received and processing" one. They should be more inventive!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, that "your application has been received by the department blaah" thing was so demoralising, although it's not as bad as KCL's "received and processing" one. They should be more inventive!
    Thank the gods I haven't applied to KCL then

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional for law!
    Congratulations! Do you know which college? Will Durham be your first choice? Where else have you applied?

I've received an offer for Combined Arts but don't know yet which college I'll be in. Durham is very likely my first choice UK uni, but I am also looking at a number of US unis, which I won't hear from until late March. I am planning to visit on Open Days in March--afterward I'll have a better idea of what I like and where I want to study.

Congrats again!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.