Thank the gods I haven't applied to KCL then
    I applied to both =_=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobcat65)
    I applied to both =_=
    The best of patience to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skypig97)
    Congratulations! Do you know which college? Will Durham be your first choice? Where else have you applied?

I've received an offer for Combined Arts but don't know yet which college I'll be in. Durham is very likely my first choice UK uni, but I am also looking at a number of US unis, which I won't hear from until late March. I am planning to visit on Open Days in March--afterward I'll have a better idea of what I like and where I want to study.

Congrats again!
    Thanks
    I'm not sure which college yet, it says they'll send me a letter. I applied for Josephine Butler, self-catering and ensuite sounded appealing
    When did you get your offer?

I've applied for Oxford, UCL, KCL and Exeter as well. Got a rejection from Oxford, an offer from Exeter and stiiiill waiting for the other two. Hopefully mine will be a bit sooner than late March! I'd like to visit everywhere before I decide my firm though.
    I'm glad I don't have to worry about visiting this one, it's one less to worry about

ReputationRep:
    AES changed to say my application was in a college 2 weeks ago, and still no more news?

Could this be down to the festive break? Or should I know more?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffanie)
    Thanks
    I'm not sure which college yet, it says they'll send me a letter. I applied for Josephine Butler, self-catering and ensuite sounded appealing
    When did you get your offer?

I've applied for Oxford, UCL, KCL and Exeter as well. Got a rejection from Oxford, an offer from Exeter and stiiiill waiting for the other two. Hopefully mine will be a bit sooner than late March! I'd like to visit everywhere before I decide my firm though.
    I'm glad I don't have to worry about visiting this one, it's one less to worry about
    I applied Open to Durham, but then switched that to Chad's--I received the acceptance Dec 17 and then the holidays . . . now things should start moving again. I hope so for all those you haven't heard anything yet.

I applied to Oxford (no), UCL (no), St A (yes), Edinburgh (yes) and Durham--so I'll go have a look at the three in the north and see if I can handle the cold. Have you lived in Durham very long? Would you go to Exeter over Durham to get away from home?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rwhitworth)
    AES changed to say my application was in a college 2 weeks ago, and still no more news?

Could this be down to the festive break? Or should I know more?

Thanks
    very probably the break . . . UCAS will update soon I bet! Which college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, that "your application has been received by the department blaah" thing was so demoralising, although it's not as bad as KCL's "received and processing" one. They should be more inventive!
    are u an oxbridge candidate or no? and yeh which college did u apply to? and if u dont mind me asking, how long after u applied did u hear from them?

ReputationRep:
    I applied Open to Durham, but then switched that to Chad's--I received the acceptance Dec 17 and then the holidays . . . now things should start moving again. I hope so for all those you haven't heard anything yet.

I applied to Oxford (no), UCL (no), St A (yes), Edinburgh (yes) and Durham--so I'll go have a look at the three in the north and see if I can handle the cold. Have you lived in Durham very long? Would you go to Exeter over Durham to get away from home?
    The cold's not that bad, I promise
    I've lived here since I was born. I'd still pick Durham over Exeter, far too much love for Durham haha.
    Hopefully we'll hear soon about a college then

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer for Law today! So so happy! I've been waiting so longg!
    I've applied to University but they said they'll write to me about accomodation! I reeeally hope it's University I get allocated to! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e.lau16)
    are u an oxbridge candidate or no? and yeh which college did u apply to? and if u dont mind me asking, how long after u applied did u hear from them?
    I was, I got rejected haha.
    I applied to Josephine Butler at Durham
    It was early October when I applied and my AES changed to received by a college just over two weeks ago I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisy.noble)
    I've applied to University but they said they'll write to me about accomodation! I reeeally hope it's University I get allocated to! X
    Law buddies

ReputationRep:
    very probably the break . . . UCAS will update soon I bet! Which college did you apply to?

Collingwood College really hoping for an offer from the university first of course, but Collingwood looked great when I visited

What about you and for what subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisy.noble)
    congratulations!!!
    i was jst wondering,
    if you don't mind me asking,
    when did you take the LNAT? and have they told what your score was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rwhitworth)
    Collingwood College really hoping for an offer from the university first of course, but Collingwood looked great when I visited

What about you and for what subject?
    Combined Arts at Chad's. I haven't visited yet but will at the Open Days in March

ReputationRep:
    Combined Arts at Chad's. I haven't visited yet but will at the Open Days in March
    Nice one, congrats on the offer

Economics for me, we'll have to wait and see still I guess!

ReputationRep:
    I was, I got rejected haha.
    I applied to Josephine Butler at Durham
    It was early October when I applied and my AES changed to received by a college just over two weeks ago I think.
    ohh okay thanks! yeh i had a look at josephine butler! it looked really nice! okay well i sent off my UCAS on the 23rd nov..i think....so i guess i wont be hearing from them any time soon. great :mad: oh well...congrats on ur offer again! and good luck with all ur other unis

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of any offers/rejections for PPE at Durham yet??

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, New to the Student Room..

I got in my opinion pretty average GCSE Results 3A*'s (one of which was History) 6A's and 2B's - At AS I got 3 A's and 1 B

Applied for Straight History for Durham, York, Exeter, Southampton and UEA.
    Got offers from UEA, Southampton, York, an alternative offer from Exeter to the one I actually wanted and waiting on Durham still

I sent my UCAS Application off on the 14th October and still no reply from Durham... what are the chances of an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e.lau16)
    ohh okay thanks! yeh i had a look at josephine butler! it looked really nice! okay well i sent off my UCAS on the 23rd nov..i think....so i guess i wont be hearing from them any time soon. great :mad: oh well...congrats on ur offer again! and good luck with all ur other unis
    Thanks, you too
    Hopefully you won't have to wait too long!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stafford1992)
    congratulations!!!
    i was jst wondering,
    if you don't mind me asking,
    when did you take the LNAT? and have they told what your score was?
    Urmm I took my LNAT in November I think... I booked it originally for September then kept chickening out and moving it haha
    I was so relieved to get my offer coz I thought it had gone soo badly!
    Nah I have no idea what my score was.... I think we find out on 31st January!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.