Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanHod93)
    Hi guys, New to the Student Room..

I got in my opinion pretty average GCSE Results 3A*'s (one of which was History) 6A's and 2B's - At AS I got 3 A's and 1 B

Applied for Straight History for Durham, York, Exeter, Southampton and UEA.
    Got offers from UEA, Southampton, York, an alternative offer from Exeter to the one I actually wanted and waiting on Durham still

I sent my UCAS Application off on the 14th October and still no reply from Durham... what are the chances of an offer?
    I really wouldn't worry! One of my best friends has applied for straight history with 3 As and a B at AS and 9 A*s and an A at GCSE and still hasn't heard anything!
    On the other hand I know some people that have already been rejected so take it as a good thing they still have your app! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffanie)
    Law buddies
    Totalllyyyyy What college?? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisy.noble)
    Totalllyyyyy What college?? X
    I applied for Josephine Butler, so hopefully they have space for me! Which one did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Josephine Butler, so hopefully they have space for me! Which one did you apply for?
    University..... just to fulfill my secret desire to go to Hogwarts hahaha
    Well I hope we both get our first choice then and maybe see you around next year!!

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't worry! One of my best friends has applied for straight history with 3 As and a B at AS and 9 A*s and an A at GCSE and still hasn't heard anything!
    On the other hand I know some people that have already been rejected so take it as a good thing they still have your app! X
    Ah that is reassuring, wish I was my sister in the year below she got 11A*s at GCSE :/ - do you think they will reply to most people on the 15th of January when the deadline closes?

ReputationRep:
    Ah that is reassuring, wish I was my sister in the year below she got 11A*s at GCSE :/ - do you think they will reply to most people on the 15th of January when the deadline closes?
    I really couldn't say but I imagine they will have most of the applications now so you could be hearing anytime soon!
    Good luckk!

ReputationRep:
    University..... just to fulfill my secret desire to go to Hogwarts hahaha
    Well I hope we both get our first choice then and maybe see you around next year!!
    Well they are very similar! :cute:
    Hopefully! Good luck with your other applications as well

ReputationRep:
    Well they are very similar! :cute:
    Hopefully! Good luck with your other applications as well
    Thank you! You too! X

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer today!!!!

AAB - Modern Languages (French)

SO HAPPY although the work beginneth here. Already got one A in the bag though, phew!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexcs)
    Got an offer today!!!!

AAB - Modern Languages (French)

SO HAPPY although the work beginneth here. Already got one A in the bag though, phew!
    Awesome!! Congrats! Which college did you apply to? Will Durham be your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skypig97)
    Awesome!! Congrats! Which college did you apply to? Will Durham be your first choice?
    99.5% sure it will

And St Cuthberts -haven't heard back from the college yet, will have to wait and see. Does anyone know how long they will take for this?

ReputationRep:
    applying for politics and sociology, hatfield college. Anyone heard anything from durham yet? AES or UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, New to the Student Room..

I got in my opinion pretty average GCSE Results 3A*'s (one of which was History) 6A's and 2B's - At AS I got 3 A's and 1 B

Applied for Straight History for Durham, York, Exeter, Southampton and UEA.
    Got offers from UEA, Southampton, York, an alternative offer from Exeter to the one I actually wanted and waiting on Durham still

I sent my UCAS Application off on the 14th October and still no reply from Durham... what are the chances of an offer?
    durhams is one of the most competetive unis and history is one of the most competetive courses at durham. its certainly possible your personal statement and reference would have to be exceptional. i cant say if youre in with a good chance or not so flick through this thread and see what grades other history rejects this year got. good luck and dont worry exeter and york are amazing unis

ReputationRep:
    99.5% sure it will

And St Cuthberts -haven't heard back from the college yet, will have to wait and see. Does anyone know how long they will take for this?
    Well done I've an offer for St Cuthberts too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clevergecko)
    Does anyone know of any offers/rejections for PPE at Durham yet??
    My friend's had a PPE offer from Durham (Hatfield) for ages, I expect it was back in November she got it, lucky sod!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicalyoghurt)
    Well done I've an offer for St Cuthberts too
    Criminal Minds is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    99.5% sure it will

The letter I got from Durham after UCAS told me about my offer said that they should let you know within about 3 weeks of that letter being sent.
    So I've still got till about the 10th I think.. but I'm still checking my email obsessively!

congrats on your offer btw

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for Law (AAA). Still haven't told me my college yet. I applied for Castle though, on the vague chance I'd actually get in.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for History.

ReputationRep:
    Have lots of people heard for History yet? I sent my application off in early October and am starting to get disheartened by logging onto AES and seeing 'Your application has not yet been received by a college'...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.