Official Durham Applicants Thread 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
DanHod93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aef27)
Have lots of people heard for History yet? I sent my application off in early October and am starting to get disheartened by logging onto AES and seeing 'Your application has not yet been received by a college'...
Yeah I sent mine off October too and just got rejected today :/ gutted ha, means i'm now going to York which isn't bad, but Durham would have been better, good luck though!
kay_mart1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheColonel)
Just got an offer for Law (AAA). Still haven't told me my college yet. I applied for Castle though, on the vague chance I'd actually get in.
Thats amazing!!! Well done!!!
I have applied for law too and to Castle.
Could i ask what your predicted grades are if you don't mind??
aef27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DanHod93)
Yeah I sent mine off October too and just got rejected today :/ gutted ha, means i'm now going to York which isn't bad, but Durham would have been better, good luck though!
Oh no, sorry to hear that - well done on York though and thanks!
TheColonel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kay_mart1)
Thats amazing!!! Well done!!!
I have applied for law too and to Castle.
Could i ask what your predicted grades are if you don't mind??
Predicted A*AA , although got ABCC at AS:rolleyes: So I'm thinking my LNAT must have been O.K
Mfreeman.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DanHod93)
Hi guys, New to the Student Room..

I got in my opinion pretty average GCSE Results 3A*'s (one of which was History) 6A's and 2B's - At AS I got 3 A's and 1 B

Applied for Straight History for Durham, York, Exeter, Southampton and UEA.
Got offers from UEA, Southampton, York, an alternative offer from Exeter to the one I actually wanted and waiting on Durham still

I sent my UCAS Application off on the 14th October and still no reply from Durham... what are the chances of an offer?
Hey, couldn't help but notice how similar our grades and applications are ha.
I have 3a*4aand2b at gcse and 4A's and 1B at AS and am predicted A*(Hist)AA at A2. Have applied for history at York(offer)Southampton(offer)She ffield(Offer)Sussex(offer) and Durham ( no reply ). Sent off my UCAS on 4th November.
Best of luck
e.lau16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by steffanie)
Unconditional for law!
hi! well done on ur offer again! i was just wondering, if the 'has not been received by your college yet' changed on the AES before it changed on UCAS track?

everyone seems to be hearing today and some heard yesterday but i havent heard anything yet...which is slightly worrying lol.

thanks
e.lau16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
has anyone who's not an oxbridge candidate heard anything or got any offers yet?
accidisse
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aef27)
Have lots of people heard for History yet? I sent my application off in early October and am starting to get disheartened by logging onto AES and seeing 'Your application has not yet been received by a college'...
Mine was like that up until today, when I was rejected. :/ But don't take this as meaning you will be! I think others who have had offers also only saw the 'received by a department' message.

That said, the timing sucks. I'm meant to be hearing from Cambridge tomorrow. Haha. The way I looked at that was at least it's prepared me.
magicalyoghurt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by adam0311)
Criminal Minds is amazing.
It really is You're the second fan I've found since I changed my sig lols

I'm only on season two though and exams are kinda stopping me from catching up at the mo
steffanie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by e.lau16)
hi! well done on ur offer again! i was just wondering, if the 'has not been received by your college yet' changed on the AES before it changed on UCAS track?

everyone seems to be hearing today and some heard yesterday but i havent heard anything yet...which is slightly worrying lol.

thanks
Hii It changed to "your application has been received by a college" on AES about 2 weeks ago I think, and then finally changed on UCAS yesterday
I wouldn't worry about waiting, I was expecting more March than January!
Amy124
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by magicalyoghurt)
It really is You're the second fan I've found since I changed my sig lols

I'm only on season two though and exams are kinda stopping me from catching up at the mo
criminal minds :eek: love.
ha im the same got season 1 & 2 for christmas, currently on the second, january modules will clearly go well
kay_mart1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheColonel)
Predicted A*AA , although got ABCC at AS:rolleyes: So I'm thinking my LNAT must have been O.K
Excellent predicted grades!!
Do you know when your AES said the College has received your application?
Im stressing and religiously checking it everyday hoping for the best!!
kay_mart1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Unconditional for law!
JEALOUS MUCH!!!!!
Well done
e.lau16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hii It changed to "your application has been received by a college" on AES about 2 weeks ago I think, and then finally changed on UCAS yesterday
I wouldn't worry about waiting, I was expecting more March than January!
ohh okay...thanks! Thats slighlty more reassuring lol. Do u mind me asking when u applied?
aef27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by accidisse)
Mine was like that up until today, when I was rejected. :/ But don't take this as meaning you will be! I think others who have had offers also only saw the 'received by a department' message.

That said, the timing sucks. I'm meant to be hearing from Cambridge tomorrow. Haha. The way I looked at that was at least it's prepared me.
I'll just have to wait and see then

Yeah everything seems to happen all at once - I got rejected from Oxford a couple of weeks ago, so am holding out for Durham! Good luck with Cambridge
accidisse
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aef27)
I'll just have to wait and see then

Yeah everything seems to happen all at once - I got rejected from Oxford a couple of weeks ago, so am holding out for Durham! Good luck with Cambridge
And I really wish you all the best for Durham. *fingers crossed*
steffanie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
JEALOUS MUCH!!!!!
Well done
Thanks
I'm surprised it was this early, eek. Which college did you apply for?
steffanie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by e.lau16)
ohh okay...thanks! Thats slighlty more reassuring lol. Do u mind me asking when u applied?
It was early October
kay_mart1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks
I'm surprised it was this early, eek. Which college did you apply for?
I have applied for Castle!!!
I'm a little worried...might be over thinking things but...my AES hasn't changed...so im thinking if they are starting the offers and rejections, those who will be or have received offers..their status would have changed a couple of weeks ago...like yours (i think).
I seriously need to chill out...before i have a literal breakdown.
Are you a home student??
Sappho
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have applied for Castle!!!
I'm a little worried...might be over thinking things but...my AES hasn't changed...so im thinking if they are starting the offers and rejections, those who will be or have received offers..their status would have changed a couple of weeks ago...like yours (i think).
I seriously need to chill out...before i have a literal breakdown.
Are you a home student??
I don't even think the system is that ingenious I think we shouldn't worry that much
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (727)
90.88%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (73)
9.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed