Durham
Visit website
Reply 241
Original post by Veronika_Vass
"Your application has been received by the Department
A decision has not yet been made. " Ahhh :s-smilie:

My status says,
"•Your application has been received by the Department
•Your application has not yet been received by a College".

What the hell does it mean then? :s-smilie:
Reply 242
Original post by Ivanka
My status says,
"•Your application has been received by the Department
•Your application has not yet been received by a College".

What the hell does it mean then? :s-smilie:

It means they haven't decided yet. When it gets sent to a college it means you're almost definitely going to get an offer.
Maths at Grey :grin:
Reply 244
Original post by sentiment
It means they haven't decided yet. When it gets sent to a college it means you're almost definitely going to get an offer.

Thanks you! (+rep given :yep:)
Original post by Ivanka
Combined Honours in Arts (Spanish and ME Studies) at St Mary's :smile:

I applied for Combined Honours in Arts too! Though for Greek, Russian and Philosophy at St Trevs.
Reply 246
Original post by Marisa_Grace
I applied for Combined Honours in Arts too! Though for Greek, Russian and Philosophy at St Trevs.

Hey, you're applying to York as well for almost the same course! (I'm Spanish and Linguistics.) When did they send you an offer? I'm afraid I'm out since I haven't got anything yet (and my PS contains two paragraphs about Arab stuff, so they def know I am not applying for sole Spanish and Linguistics) :s-smilie: Congrats by the way!
Original post by Ivanka
Hey, you're applying to York as well for almost the same course! (I'm Spanish and Linguistics.) When did they send you an offer? I'm afraid I'm out since I haven't got anything yet (and my PS contains two paragraphs about Arab stuff, so they def know I am not applying for sole Spanish and Linguistics) :s-smilie: Congrats by the way!

Thanks! I only got the offer a couple of days ago. I know what you mean about the personal statement though. Mine was quite linguistics based and I've not applied for that at durham.
Reply 248
Wish I could apply to Durham...:frown:
Anyone still not got access to the AES?
Original post by Jing_jing
:biggrin: Which subjects do you want to do?

maths and physics
i wouldve wanted to do a bit of chemistry, but it may be a bit tricky to get into the timetable cuz ill need 3 foundation maths modules and 2 foundation physics modules
there is a standalone first year chem module which i might do though
Original post by LukethePianoMan
maths and physics
i wouldve wanted to do a bit of chemistry, but it may be a bit tricky to get into the timetable cuz ill need 3 foundation maths modules and 2 foundation physics modules
there is a standalone first year chem module which i might do though

Yeah that should be alright! I love how much flexibility you get! I think I might have a little go at philosophy if I can in the first year, it sounds really interesting! I really regret not taking chemistry at A level, but that's life I guess!
Yeah that should be alright! I love how much flexibility you get! I think I might have a little go at philosophy if I can in the first year, it sounds really interesting! I really regret not taking chemistry at A level, but that's life I guess!

ye i spoke not natsci dude and he said i would be able to do the standalone module if timetabling allows it
which modules would you take then?
English Lit at Hatfield =)
Reply 254
Original post by Moon_lit_snow_storm
English Lit at Hatfield =)

Yay, another English Lit applicant! :smile:
Reply 255
Law at University College for me :smile:
Original post by LukethePianoMan
ye i spoke not natsci dude and he said i would be able to do the standalone module if timetabling allows it
which modules would you take then?

I've not chosen yet, don't want to fall too in love with it before I hear back from them but now I want to go and have a little peek :biggrin: Are the level one modules the only ones avaliable in year 1?
Reply 257

Unless they've changed the procedure, your AES will update to say "application received by college" even if the dept has rejected you. Don't read into anything until UCAS tells you otherwise
Reply 258
I've applied for Economics at Josephine Butler. :smile:
I've not chosen yet, don't want to fall too in love with it before I hear back from them but now I want to go and have a little peek :biggrin: Are the level one modules the only ones avaliable in year 1?

ah ok, fair enough
i just picked to get an idea of what i would do
ye the level one modules are year one only
for year 2, u will see a prerequisites but, those are the modules you have to do before to do that module
so there are foundation modules when u want to progress

Latest