Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoeberg)
    Anyone waiting on modern languages? Applied for German in October- getting anxious!
    I applied for french and spanish and have heard nothing either!
    I wish they would hurry up and give me the decision either way! Which college did you apply for out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skypig97)
    Was Durham a top choice? Sorry about the outcome--never feels good/right.
    No. I would have been worried if I'd got this rejection earlier but I've got my top choice so that's ok I DO want to know where I've gone wrong though, because it's always good to know these things, even if I'm (hopefully!) never going to go through the process of applying to uni again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianofluteftw)
    So you heard nothing until March? How did you survive? How common is it that people have to wait for ages?
    I tried to keep busy haha.

I am not sure it depends on the department and your college, thats one of the reasons why it takes so long, there are two processes going at once, I was moved to a different college, which may explain the delay, but I have seen people who got offers fairly late but stayed at their first choice college.

But may I just say, Durham University is a excellent institution, there is no joke that I have changed for the better, my life is different, and the employers like Durham a lot, and that's a big deal. Because at the end of the day, its about getting a career, and Durham will get you there if you put the work in. Good luck!

JL x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnny Luk)
    I tried to keep busy haha.

I am not sure it depends on the department and your college, thats one of the reasons why it takes so long, there are two processes going at once, I was moved to a different college, which may explain the delay, but I have seen people who got offers fairly late but stayed at their first choice college.

But may I just say, Durham University is a excellent institution, there is no joke that I have changed for the better, my life is different, and the employers like Durham a lot, and that's a big deal. Because at the end of the day, its about getting a career, and Durham will get you there if you put the work in. Good luck!

JL x
    Cheers, it's my top choice so I'm trying not to get too worried! :rolleyes:
    And to be honest I don't really care which college, I'd just be so happy with an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clare_phoebe)
    Yep, still waiting for History. Applied in October for History at St. Chad's and haven't heard a peep. I do wish they'd hurry up.

Good luck with your application - which college did you choose?
    St. Mary's I'm getting antsy waiting, since I know it will probably be a rejection based on my GCSE's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia1234)
    I applied for french and spanish and have heard nothing either!
    I wish they would hurry up and give me the decision either way! Which college did you apply for out of interest?
    Cuth's - you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wedgely)
    St. Mary's I'm getting antsy waiting, since I know it will probably be a rejection based on my GCSE's!
    I don't think the GCSEs play a big role in the decision making at all. I had nothing special at all when it came to my GCSEs but a good prediction, ps (I think), and I managed to get a look at my reference which was pretty good too, and I got an offer. So if you think the other categories are strong, don't stress about GCSEs.
    What subject are you applying for?
    Good luck

EDIT: lol woops, just saw above that its for History, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by webber8345)
    hahaha! that was your school?? lol. it failed so badly though.. I didn't understand the point of the collaboration at all.

oo hatfield, me too for anthropology . I got my offer a little while ago and my college confirmed about a week ago.

hehe the coincidences delight me.

good luck with your offer and hatfield! Have you heard from other unis?
    Seems like it was my school small world! I know.. it was rather useless:rolleyes: Our teacher thought it would be cool because we would be learning 'internationally'.. but she was really dreaming

Congratulations!!! So jealous!! Hopefully I'll meet you there in October (if all goes according to plan )

Got offers for Exeter and Surrey (and rejected from Oxford ) Still waiting for Warwick and Durham... and you?

ReputationRep:
    Im applying for Law at Durham in the college Hatfield and Law at Warwick and still have not heard anything on either :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuttynatz)
    Seems like it was my school small world! I know.. it was rather useless:rolleyes: Our teacher thought it would be cool because we would be learning 'internationally'.. but she was really dreaming

Congratulations!!! So jealous!! Hopefully I'll meet you there in October (if all goes according to plan )

Got offers for Exeter and Surrey (and rejected from Oxford ) Still waiting for Warwick and Durham... and you?

Im applying for Law at Durham with Hatfield as my college and Law at Warwick too, I'm worrying too

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for law from Durham and I'm ecstatic Applying for Josephine Butler but haven't heard from them yet. How long did it take for people's colleges to reply? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwilliamsbr1)
    I've got an offer for law from Durham and I'm ecstatic Applying for Josephine Butler but haven't heard from them yet. How long did it take for people's colleges to reply? xx
    Law JB buddies!
    I'm excited because I thought it was just me, haha.
    It took about a week before they sent me my letter and little pack thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliceshirley)
    Im applying for Law at Durham with Hatfield as my college and Law at Warwick too, I'm worrying too
    Hello fellow worrier .. its good to know I'm not alone ... Apparently Warwaick in particular takes ages.. so irratating, as I'm one of those people who can't even wait a week for an exam mark- so this is just plain torture!:eek: (although I did get a nice xmas email from Warwick, saying my application is still under consideration

Have you heard from anyone else? When did you send your application?... mine has been there since October!... but still, my motto right now is No news is freaking good news!!!

Good luck with your application!!!

ReputationRep:
    so i got accepted to study ppe at university college. cheers and mazeltovs all round. here's my question for anyone who's been, though: is it a longboard (skateboard) friendly place? for commuting. i'm american so i can't exactly bring a bike or a car over.

ReputationRep:
    Wow quite a lot of people for law now. How many of you are going to be firming?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuttynatz)

Hopefully!! That would be very cool indeed I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

I've gotten offers from Durham and Sussex so far and I'm waiting to hear from St Andrews and Exeter (lol still a possibility we'd go to the same uni). I also got rejected from Oxford but I'm not all that bothered. Was your's post-interview? Which college were you at? How strange would it be if we were at the same one. hah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irtehpanda)
    so i got accepted to study ppe at university college. cheers and mazeltovs all round. here's my question for anyone who's been, though: is it a longboard (skateboard) friendly place? for commuting. i'm american so i can't exactly bring a bike or a car over.
    Congrats.

Durham's city centre has quite cobbly streets... so a skateboard may be a difficult mode of transport :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irtehpanda)
    rather hilly I'm afraid, so if you dont mind hauling it UP the hill, going down would be great.
    my brother used to ride a longboard. I'm american too btw.

ReputationRep:
    is it just city centre that's cobbly? i don't mind hills, pushing on flat is not so fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wedgely)
    Yeah, my GCSE results concern me a little too, as I've heard they're very harsh with them. :s Hopefully my school explained that I missed the whole first term of the second GCSE year.

Good luck with your application; my fingers are firmly crossed for you!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.