Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffanie)
    That sounded much more aggressive on here than it did in my head, sorry haha.
    Ooh Castle, nice!
    I'm law at Josephine Butler
    haha oooh cool! My parents wanted me to study law, but I didn't want , so...I chose PPE By the way, I am so excited about the Open Day and scared at the same time, because I am Italian and I hope it won't be difficult for me to communicate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by webber8345)
    Haha, I know what you mean about the 8 week system.. and I really am not an exam-ey person unfortunately, though its very hard to avoid them.

I do Bio, English and Geography Higher
    Art, Italian B and Math standard

what about you?
    Economics, English and History higher
    Biology, Spanish ab and maths studies standard.

Are you from england then or an international student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayleyyyy)
    haha oooh cool! My parents wanted me to study law, but I didn't want , so...I chose PPE By the way, I am so excited about the Open Day and scared at the same time, because I am Italian and I hope it won't be difficult for me to communicate!
    PPE sounds really good, there were about four different degrees that I wanted to take, I'm the most indecisive person ever haha.
    Well I had no idea talking to you, so I would have thought you would be fine!
    Shouldn't be tooo cold up here in March as well, added benefit

ReputationRep:
    PPE sounds really good, there were about four different degrees that I wanted to take, I'm the most indecisive person ever haha.
    Well I had no idea talking to you, so I would have thought you would be fine!
    Shouldn't be tooo cold up here in March as well, added benefit

Oh really? That's very kind of you! But I think I'm not really good hahaha
    I found it hard to decide whether to study in Italy or in UK but Uk has always been my dream, sooo If my exam will be good, I will probably be there in October

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? That's very kind of you! But I think I'm not really good hahaha
    I found it hard to decide whether to study in Italy or in UK but Uk has always been my dream, sooo If my exam will be good, I will probably be there in October
    Good luck!
    And you fooled me anyway, haha.
    where else did you apply over here?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!
    And you fooled me anyway, haha.
    where else did you apply over here?
    I applied to Oxford, St Andrews (International Relations), Warwick and York... But I prefer Durham xD But I've been rejected from Oxford, and still waiting from York,Warwick and St Andrews! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Oxford, St Andrews (International Relations), Warwick and York... But I prefer Durham xD But I've been rejected from Oxford, and still waiting from York,Warwick and St Andrews! What about you?
    I'm a fellow Oxford reject
    I applied to UCL, KCL and Exeter as well.
    I'm not sure which I prefer, and still waiting on 2 of them, but I'd be more than happy to go to Durham
    Being so close to home means I could go and beg for food if I ran out of money as well haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm a fellow Oxford reject
    I applied to UCL, KCL and Exeter as well.
    I'm not sure which I prefer, and still waiting on 2 of them, but I'd be more than happy to go to Durham
    Being so close to home means I could go and beg for food if I ran out of money as well haha

Ooh yes! It would be definitely something good! In my case, it will be awful XD above all I suppose that I will miss my Italian food ** hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Ooh yes! It would be definitely something good! In my case, it will be awful XD above all I suppose that I will miss my Italian food ** hahaha
    I guess the people around you will be very happy if you cook some pizza e pasta della cucina italiana for them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sappho)
    I guess the people around you will be very happy if you cook some pizza e pasta della cucina italiana for them

hahaha I can cook and I like cooking!So, that would be definitely a pleasure for me hahahaah

ReputationRep:
    hahaha I can cook and I like cooking!So, that would be definitely a pleasure for me hahahaah
    Btw, you wouldn't be interested in speaking some Italian to me via PM by any chance? I'm trying to practice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuttynatz)
    Economics, English and History higher
    Biology, Spanish ab and maths studies standard.

Are you from england then or an international student?
    Yea, I'm half english and I've been living in Italy for the last 6 years so I'm technically a 'home' student. I go to a brit school too but I don't feel particularly british.. or american.. or swedish. I'm having a bit of an identity crisis.
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Italian food is the way forward! haha.
    I'm sure my diet if I go self catering is just purely going to be pizza and yorkshire puddings though :cool:
    So are you staying in Durham for a bit to look around or just for the open days?
    It's a long way to go!

ReputationRep:
    Any idea whether there'll be any accommodation left for the Open Days? I literally just came across the form I *thought* I'd sent to St. Cuth's in about November and I'm really hoping it's not too late cause the hotels seem insanely expensive...

ReputationRep:
    *Ahem* seems like this thread has been getting a bit female dominant. :lol:

Anyway who likes a guy that can cook indian food?

ReputationRep:
    what is the open day? is it sort of a way for the university to convince the students to go there or is there more too it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irtehpanda)
    what is the open day? is it sort of a way for the university to convince the students to go there or is there more too it?
    March 22 and 23. Dates and a schedule should be in your college confirmation packet. More of a way for you to see whether its a good fit. Worth the investment of a plane ticket if your undecided.

ReputationRep:
    Italian food is the way forward! haha.
    I'm sure my diet if I go self catering is just purely going to be pizza and yorkshire puddings though :cool:
    So are you staying in Durham for a bit to look around or just for the open days?
    It's a long way to go!
    Yees It's true! But I think I'm going to stay for the Open Day, and maybe come a little earlier, to look around! Because I still have school so I need to return in Italy xD So sad about it xD

ReputationRep:
    Yees It's true! But I think I'm going to stay for the Open Day, and maybe come a little earlier, to look around! Because I still have school so I need to return in Italy xD So sad about it xD
    ooo, where in Italy do you live?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh right, makes sense, I keep forgetting other people have school and sixth form :ashamed2: haha.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.