Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffanie)
    Nothing's wrong with the North, I would just rather be heading somewhere slightly warmer than colder
    And no, I do not hahah. Her accent is horrendous and makes me cringe. I don't think I sound that northern, but then again I probably sound exceptionally northern to people from the south
    oh i want to hear your voice northern accents are pretty! but i agree with you on cheryl, i dont even find her thattttt attractive tbh.

and fair enough about the weather, my mate drove home from uni to london for the winter holidays, when the snow was like 3 foot in december and got stuck on the motorway for 12 hours . do you drivee?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if you can defer your final year to do an industrial placement at durham with natural sciences

ReputationRep:
    Have an offer from Durham - St Aidans to do Ancient civilisations & Archeology. ABB
    Also have an offer from Reading and Manchester to do Ancient history and i live in reading. Which is best for this subject? is durham worth the 5 hour train journey?
    CHEEERS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmellyLemon)
    Just been rejected for History :bawling:, never mind at least i tried.
    Ditto. Rejected at 8pm last night. It's nice to know that they took time out of their busy schedule especially to reject us.... They obviously have bad taste Chin up mucker, there are other universities in the sea... good luck with your remaining choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misha 938)
    How good is St Aidans?
    (Original post by Taverner)
    Have an offer from Durham - St Aidans to do Ancient civilisations & Archeology. ABB
    Also have an offer from Reading and Manchester to do Ancient history and i live in reading. Which is best for this subject? is durham worth the 5 hour train journey?
    CHEEERS

I've been offered a place for St Aidan's too. I've never been. Have either of you ever visited?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hnk2401)
    I've been offered a place for St Aidan's too. I've never been. Have either of you ever visited?
    Hopefully going to visit in on the 21st of march, i had no preferance of college so looks pretty good to me! Hopefully not too posh.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully going to visit in on the 21st of march, i had no preferance of college so looks pretty good to me! Hopefully not too posh.

Posh in terms of gowns and formals etc or posh in terms of people who go there?
    I heard that it's one of the party colleges like Collingwood.
    I chose St Aidan's as my preference because I had no idea how to choose between them all.

ReputationRep:
    I chose St Aidan's as my preference because I had no idea how to choose between them all.
    Posh as in snobby boring people, because durham does have that reputation, which could put me off and make me choose manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallenProject)
    Have you been allocated to Josephine Butler, but want to change?

If you have a good reason to want to swap, email them at [email protected]

Yeah, you can ask to swap but you have to ring up the college first and see if it's a plausible option. I didn't go to JB as it was self catered, and miles away from the Theology Dept.

Oh no i have an offer but haven't been allocated yet.. i was just wandering so they said yes and let you pick or... ? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by njs)
    Any modern languages applicants heard anything from Durham yet?
    No and it's getting tedious- applied for German you?

ReputationRep:
    weird... im going on 22nd to stay overnight!

ReputationRep:
    Is that true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spocckka)
    Is that true?
    My friends brother was in collingwood and from what I heard he had a... lively social life
    I hope it is anyway, partly (well, wholly) why I chose it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by webber8345)
    Yea, my dad worked for the UN but he retired a few years ago which is why we moved to Rome since my mum went to highschool here.
    Yea, I've really loved moving around and this is the longest I've been in one place and I'm beginning to feel that.. I'm looking forward to moving, not because I don't like it here, but because I miss being new and in a new place.
    It was sad saying goodbye to friends but when you're younger its easy to make new friends, plus in an international community everyone's moving around all the time so its easy to adapt.

Yea I love the college rivalry about Durham too, it just adds to the whole experience!

Haha yea, I mention Anthropology and quite a few people mention Bones. I've never seen it but I got quite sick of CSI after a while so I don't know how much I'd like it.
    I remember I was having dinner with this guy and it came up what I wanted to do, and he was like, "oo, anthropology like in the nanny diaries!" and its like.. um.. no. lol

Yea, I guess while you're studying it you'll begin to figure out more and more what you're interested in, so even if you have only a vague idea of what you're interested in, its good you don't have to decide because you'll have the time to explore the discipline.

Amen about the IB.. I didn't understand in year 12 how much worse year 13 would be. All the people in the year above were like, "just you wait till next year" and I was thinking, "yea, yea..." but now I'm like.. omfg!
    Just a few more months and then freedom!!
    Sounds like you got the travel bug!.. no I've had fun living in three different countries... it makes for some really good stories to tell True about the international community thing, but at my school most of them are portuguese and have been there all their lives, there's only a couple of international students, so you're really interesting when you come to my school if you're from abroad

haha.. you should try bones... its got a lot more humour than CSI

Same here, last year all the year 13's were telling me, you're gonna suffer next year and I was just like keep quiet.. but now I'm doing the exact same to my year 12's The one piece of advice I always give them, do your extended essay in the summer! and now the stress is really turning up- orals and TOK essay next week and then TOK presentations and more orals after that!:eek: Still on 19 May I will be free forever (my last exam is biology

ReputationRep:
    arent you going on the 21st, staying the night then going home on the 22nd? thats what the letter said.

ReputationRep:
    arent you going on the 21st, staying the night then going home on the 22nd? thats what the letter said.
    Nope :/ my one says 22-23 weird huh?

ReputationRep:
    Nope :/ my one says 22-23 weird huh?
    Ahh no my bad, you can choose either. Where do we stay the night? in student rooms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mlsdbk)
    Oh no i have an offer but haven't been allocated yet.. i was just wandering so they said yes and let you pick or... ? thanks!
    *wondering. (sorry, i just can't help it ;D)

They said they would look, then they told me the colleges that could offer me a place. I then chose.

ReputationRep:

Is this also Aidan's? I'm staying over on the 22nd too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallenProject)
    *wondering. (sorry, i just can't help it ;D)

They said they would look, then they told me the colleges that could offer me a place. I then chose.

Haha true .. cheers.. i'm just so happy about the offer i have forgotten how to spell

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.