Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taverner)
    Nice one, got an ABB offer, then 3 weeks later st aidan's invited me there. You should get an offer before you find out which college to go to.
    How long was it for you from department accepting you to getting an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taverner)
    Nice one, got an ABB offer, then 3 weeks later st aidan's invited me there. You should get an offer before you find out which college to go to.
    Oh and sorry for all the questions, but what grades and predicated grades did you get? And what Subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by webber8345)
    Oh ok, cool What is it you do?
    Did I see you on one of the Hatfield threads? Whats it like??
    I have an offer from there and so it'd be nice to have the perspective of someone actually there!
    I do combined social sciences, did 1 module of anthropology last year and I'm doing another one this year

I'm not in hatfield but I know a couple of people there and they both love it, even though they're totally opposite people, which just proves that you don't have to fit with a stereotype to love your college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    Well Durham is the last uni that I haven't heard from yet, but don't want to withdraw as I would like to see what decision they were planning to get me (even it is a rejection :P)

STEP is going, going to start proper preparation from tomorrow, as I have now finished all my January exams. I have printed out both Siklos books, so going to work through does until about Mark time, then from then I will do mock exams for STEP (to get used to the 3 hour length :yep: )

How about you? How are you finding STEP?
    Haha yeah, it'd be a nice confidence boost if they give you an offer (which they should obviously ).

It's very mixed. The Siklos booklet is HARD, but I find past paper questions manageable. Still haven't touched a III paper though $. I've still got FP1 to go, so STEP's taking a bit of a back seat until next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunaelu)
    Well Done!!!!!!!! Especially as Bio and maths are hard choices to get in to as they are so popular ^_^

I put down to take Chemistry and Biology, and physics as my backup as I've already got an A in physics and I also enjoy it I don't ever apply to do something I don't enjoy, even as a backup.

I've got to get an A in chemistry and maths to get in (slightly terrified about chem but we'll see) but even if I don't get the results I've still got my unconditional from York to fall back on. So I'm happy as my gap year wasn't a total fail idea!!!
    So you taking a gap year but retaking or what?? I have to get an A in Bio and Further Maths (i've already got an A* in Maths), slightly worried about the further maths but it should be ok. Have you found out what college you're getting in to yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gfaust)
    Yeah there does seem to be a lot of chatter about NatSci today!

How are your offers stacking up? Do you have firm and insurance choices yet?
    I have 3 offers so far, Durham, Nottingham and Bath, all AA (I did Maths a year early and got an A*, hence the 2 grade offers) but Durham wants the 2nd A in Further maths as opposed to Chemistry like everywhere else. I'm still waiting to hear from Southampton and got rejected from Cambridge, but probably firming Durham and putting Nottingham as insurance. Not definite yet though :P
    Do you know what college you have an offer from? and is Durham your first choice or not decided yet?

ReputationRep:
    Damn, History applicants have taken a beating this year, there must be about 2000 applicants for 150 places making competition extremely high...which means im screwed. Lancaster-Unconditional, St.Andrews-Rejection, LSE-Rejection...not holding out much hope :P

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take to hear back from your college roughly? Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hardy_4_paws)
    How long does it take to hear back from your college roughly? Thanks x
    2ish weeks.

ReputationRep:
    ARGHHHH! More than 3 months and yet no offer. ARGGHHHHH! Seriously getting annoying now. Come on Durham please give me an offer, please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccap)
    I have 3 offers so far, Durham, Nottingham and Bath, all AA (I did Maths a year early and got an A*, hence the 2 grade offers) but Durham wants the 2nd A in Further maths as opposed to Chemistry like everywhere else. I'm still waiting to hear from Southampton and got rejected from Cambridge, but probably firming Durham and putting Nottingham as insurance. Not definite yet though :P
    Do you know what college you have an offer from? and is Durham your first choice or not decided yet?
    I have an offer from St. John's (my first choice! ). Durham is also my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Confused Parent)
    Does anybody have any idea when maths decisions will be released?

I have read one possible offer back in December and a recent unsuccessful, but thats all.

Also, generally does AES progress to 'with College' before any decisions are sent out (ie is it worth checking that as well as incoming email)?

Thanks in advance
    Well I don't know about straight Maths, except for a friend who got rejected for it, but I've got an offer for NatSci with Maths as one of the subjects.

And I think for the most part when it gets sent to the college, that means the department are offering you a place. I would imagine AES would change before the email came through for Track. (Mine did anyway)

ReputationRep:
    Argh, I've got a Ucas Update email, but IT WON'T LET ME LOG IN TO TRACK!! It's closed due to maintenance until 5!! I can't wait that long!

Breathe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackpot)
    Argh, I've got a Ucas Update email, but IT WON'T LET ME LOG IN TO TRACK!! It's closed due to maintenance until 5!! I can't wait that long!

Breathe.
    Same here, I've got a track update but can't see it either. Can't you check Durham AES though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JACKKDINE)
    Same here, I've got a track update but can't see it either. Can't you check Durham AES though?
    My AES hasn't changed, still says recieved by a college, a decision hasn't been made.

Of course, it might not be Durham, could be Bristol or York, but I just have a hunch that it's Durham.

Godd luck! Hope you get the answer you want when you get on Track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccap)
    So you taking a gap year but retaking or what?? I have to get an A in Bio and Further Maths (i've already got an A* in Maths), slightly worried about the further maths but it should be ok. Have you found out what college you're getting in to yet?
    Ye I'm on my gap year and retaking since last year I missed my grades and only got ABBB. So I'm retaking the 3 subjects I got Bs in Chem, Maths and Bio (I was only 3 ums off the A in bio XI )

They haven't told me yet where I'm ending up. I applied to Grey's College, just because that's where I applied last year and when I went to the open day I quite liked it ^_^ but my friend who got into Durham last year (also for NatSci) was making her college seem so good as well XD

So we'll see where they finally put me in but I'm not too fussed, wherever I'll go I know I will have fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    ARGHHHH! More than 3 months and yet no offer. ARGGHHHHH! Seriously getting annoying now. Come on Durham please give me an offer, please.
    I really feel for you.

Has your AES moved from department yet? Which are the other Uni's three you are waiting to hear from if you don't mind me asking?

Offers bring to mind watched kettles and buses; my advice, hard as I know it is, try and concentrate on something else and i'm sure they will arrive for you soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Confused Parent)
    I really feel for you.

Has your AES moved from department yet? Which are the other Uni's three you are waiting to hear from if you don't mind me asking?

Offers bring to mind watched kettles and buses; my advice, hard as I know it is, try and concentrate on something else and i'm sure they will arrive for you soon.
    I'm waiting from Durham, warwick, UCL and Bath. Got rejected by Oxford and that's te only piece of news I've heard. And my aes hasn't moved from department either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by webber8345)
    Lol, I know what you mean about giving advice to the year below. I made the mistake of not finishing my EE during the summer and it was SUCH a mess towards the end. I think I managed to do it well, but having not really started writing during the summer it meant that all the coursework in the first term of year 13 really conflicted.
    Which TOK essay are you doing?
    My last exam is bio too! *high five* I have 'may 19th' written on a post-it on my desk for motivation, lol

What country have you lived in other than portugal and south africa?

You're still waiting to hear about their decision right? good luck!!
    Question 4, To what extent do we need evidence to support our beliefs, final essay for tuesday:eek: and you?, have you guys done your presentations yet?, I really cannot think of an idea, I wish they could just give us a title :rolleyes:

Yay!, aha, I should probably do that, but currently my desktop is covered with notes of deadlines but still not long now! Starting revision for a lot my subjects now coz we've finished the syllabus

Also lived in England when I was little because both my parents are British

yip still waiting.. my friend who is also applying for law got a rejection from Durham last week, so I'm getting really nervous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuttynatz)
    Question 4, To what extent do we need evidence to support our beliefs, final essay for tuesday:eek: and you?, have you guys done your presentations yet?, I really cannot think of an idea, I wish they could just give us a title :rolleyes:

Yay!, aha, I should probably do that, but currently my desktop is covered with notes of deadlines but still not long now! Starting revision for a lot my subjects now coz we've finished the syllabus

Also lived in England when I was little because both my parents are British

yip still waiting.. my friend who is also applying for law got a rejection from Durham last week, so I'm getting really nervous.
    haha i'm doing the same tok essay as you!! aaa IB is killing me.. so many courseworks essays and orals coming up.. and cas finishing off too.. oh the stress!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.