Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am waiting for PPE and it is literally killing me now.

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Education Studies & Philosophy at St Chads. Mega happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmerz1)
    how long will it take to find out if a college has accepted you? my AES is now saying that the application has been received by a college
    Mine's been 3 weeks, and I've heard people saying it takes months!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aef27)
    Offer for history v100
    Reli! Well done, I am still waiting to hear from Durham. When did you send your application off and what grades (GCSE and A Levels) do you have/predicted? Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayleyyyy)
    I'm in Castle And yes , I'm definitely going to put Durham as my first choice! What about you? And don't worry I will keep my finger crossed for you
    ahh thankyou! castle is also where i have applied, would be the happiest person alive if i got a plave there! well done you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graceee)
    I am waiting for PPE and it is literally killing me now.
    tell me about it! dont know why it's taken them so long, i sent mine off in early october!

ReputationRep:
    Rejection for Combined Honours in Arts... Doesn't hurt so much because it was my fourth choice out of four, but regarding the fact I have got two rejections and only an offer so far, it is not very positive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by njs)
    Any modern languages applicants heard anything from Durham yet?
    No
    I've applied for French and Spanish and am still waiting to hear anything. The waiting is getting worse by the day- especially as Durham is my first choice!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Upside Down)
    Mmm, the main issue i'm having is choosing between a small town and the capital city! I think I'd be really happy in either, so that's why it's hard to choose! I'm probably going to make a massive pros and cons list...or maybe just toss a coin
    Yeh I always got the impression UCL was a lot better for sciences-there's another pro to add to the list!
    For Durham my offer is AAA in bio, chem, maths
    For UCL it's a bit weird. AAA in any three from bio, chem, maths, further maths. Plus a pass in General Studies or a pass at AS level for the fourth subject.
    I've got exactly the same issue. Nat Sci at Durham or UCL. Got no idea which way to go, its so annoying.

UCL seems awesome being the capital city and huge etc, and the degree is probably thought of as better (I think)?

But Durham has a College system which is mean and a huge plus, it has more sport opportunities, and the degree looks more exciting and variable than UCLs, however it is much smaller than London.

Argh, which one??:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    Rejection for Combined Honours in Arts... Doesn't hurt so much because it was my fourth choice out of four, but regarding the fact I have got two rejections and only an offer so far, it is not very positive.
    Sorry about your rejection

Had your application been passed to a college or was it still with the department? Just I'm a bit confused as in your spoiler it says it was between a department and a college and I thought once it had been passed to a college you were guaranteed an offer.

I'm sure you'll be happy wherever you go!

ReputationRep:
    hey just wondering how many people got their first choice college? Coz i know a couple of people who got allocated a college that wasnt their first choice but really close to their subject department..so just wondered if they did college allocations like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mlsdbk)
    no sorry if a name of a college appears in a link above the word 'colleges' then they have accepted you 99%.. best to wait to see if your application is sent to a college on AES or even better to wait for an offer on ucas.. good luck i hope you get ot
    I found out about my college offer by getting a letter from the st aidans in the post. That's when it's 100% that you have an offer i reckon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gg08)
    No
    I've applied for French and Spanish and am still waiting to hear anything. The waiting is getting worse by the day- especially as Durham is my first choice!!
    Dito waiting on German, first choice- unbearable now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jroy9)
    I've got exactly the same issue. Nat Sci at Durham or UCL. Got no idea which way to go, its so annoying.

UCL seems awesome being the capital city and huge etc, and the degree is probably thought of as better (I think)?

But Durham has a College system which is mean and a huge plus, it has more sport opportunities, and the degree looks more exciting and variable than UCLs, however it is much smaller than London.

ill never understand all this about london. londons one of the worlds best cities to visit but so crap to live in, unless you need a million clubs. it has a lot of good, but pricey clubs. i live here and i cant wait to go to a town like durham!

ReputationRep:
    The status of my application has moved to 'received by college'. When should one anticipate the confirmation of a college being allocated to oneself to be received by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e.lau16)
    hey just wondering how many people got their first choice college? Coz i know a couple of people who got allocated a college that wasnt their first choice but really close to their subject department..so just wondered if they did college allocations like that?
    I chose the college nearest my department (Hatfield and History), and although being told on the open day that they'd try to reallocate you to a college near you original one, I was put in Grey, which is on the hill. Then again, nothing's exactly far away in Durham so not too bothered, but I don't think it works that way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jroy9)

For those of us who hate big cities, this choice is easy. Think of the travelling you won't have to do.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it'd be ok if I asked about the progression of my application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neocon)
    The status of my application has moved to 'received by college'. When should one anticipate the confirmation of a college being allocated to oneself to be received by.
    Why are you talking about yourself in third person?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aef27)
    Offer for history v100
    congratulations!!!

when did you actually get your offer?

im waiting on v100 but not heard anything yet

did you pick a college or open application??

cheers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.