Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e.lau16)
    hey just wondering how many people got their first choice college? Coz i know a couple of people who got allocated a college that wasnt their first choice but really close to their subject department..so just wondered if they did college allocations like that?
    I got my first choice college
    I don't really think there's a formulaic way of being allocated to a college. I think its more a function of how many spaces for your subject they have in your first choice college and finding an alternative if they've filled up their quota.
    I have no idea if they do, but might they look at the extra curricular activities in your ps to maybe help reallocate you? I wouldn't really know how that'd work though as you can't really choose between a sporty person, a music person and a drama person.. Yea, I'm really not sure.
    Are you still waiting to hear about your college or have you been reallocated?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else still waiting for a reply about Combined Honours Social Science?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooner19)
    Just got rejected for V100 History as well. Oh well.
    I got rejected for v100 history last thursday. I was really disappointed because both my parents went, my mum did history! What are your other choices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    OK I'm not gonna check my AES for a week now and check it next Wednesday to see if there is a surprise waiting!
    lol... thats my plan as well!... I've officially banned myself!

Easiar said than done though! just trying to distract myself by worrying about all the school work I haven't done its not really working though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuttynatz)
    lol... thats my plan as well!... I've officially banned myself!

Easiar said than done though! just trying to distract myself by worrying about all the school work I haven't done its not really working though!
    Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna be able to last a few hours, let alone 7 days. If by 7 days nothing's been changed then the suspense would have all gone to waste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna be able to last a few hours, let alone 7 days. If by 7 days nothing's been changed then the suspense would have all gone to waste.
    lol.. I relented a couple of hours ago, and know change so I'm forcing myself to wait until atleast monday night.. and if still no change... I'll be extremely dejected what can you do?.. but I know what you mean about the suspense.. got a stupid survey thing from UCAS today and was convinced it was a notification email... almost gave me a heart attack

I kinda just wish AES would just change the wording... just to show my application isn't collecting dust!.. still trying to keep positive thoughts:crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    Any fellow Biologists or St.John's collegers? I've firmed Durham; actually so excited! Good luck to everyone still waiting for a reply, I think I was pretty lucky because after applying in october, they got back to me early november time.
    Anyone going to the open day 22/23rd march?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cameronn)
    Any fellow Biologists or St.John's collegers? I've firmed Durham; actually so excited! Good luck to everyone still waiting for a reply, I think I was pretty lucky because after applying in october, they got back to me early november time.
    Fellow Johnian here, for law. I'm going up for 21/22nd. Looking forward to it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PiazzaNewYorkCatcher13)
    Anyone else still waiting for a reply about Combined Honours Social Science?
    Mine is still with the department, has been for 16 weeks now >_<

ReputationRep:
    Chemist at St. John's here. I'm waiting on one more decision before I firm Durham. (I guess I could withdraw my application to the last university to respond, but I'm curious.) I live in the US, so I won't be coming for the open day in march, although I am hoping to visit in the last spring some time .

Ditto on the feeling lucky, and good luck to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Any future Johnians also please check out the thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gfaust)
    Chemist at St. John's here. I'm waiting on one more decision before I firm Durham. (I guess I could withdraw my application to the last university to respond, but I'm curious.) I live in the US, so I won't be coming for the open day in march, although I am hoping to visit in the last spring some time .

Ditto on the feeling lucky, and good luck to everyone.
    dont worry about QMUL, its not exactly in the same league as some of your other offers. firm sooner - there might be perks to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    firm sooner - there might be perks to it
    Utter Rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    dont worry about QMUL, its not exactly in the same league as some of your other offers. firm sooner - there might be perks to it
    Pray tell, what are these perks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gfaust)
    Pray tell, what are these perks?
    small ones if any. its different for every uni but maybe accomodation priority or bursary/student finance forms out the way etc - qmul really isnt worth waiting for lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel08)
    I got rejected for v100 history last thursday. I was really disappointed because both my parents went, my mum did history! What are your other choices?
    Well I've applied to Bristol, Warwick, Exter and Endiburgh as well and so far had two offers from Exeter and Bristol. I'm still undecided as to whether Bristol or Warwick should be my second choive. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuttynatz)
    lol.. I relented a couple of hours ago, and know change so I'm forcing myself to wait until atleast monday night.. and if still no change... I'll be extremely dejected what can you do?.. but I know what you mean about the suspense.. got a stupid survey thing from UCAS today and was convinced it was a notification email... almost gave me a heart attack

I kinda just wish AES would just change the wording... just to show my application isn't collecting dust!.. still trying to keep positive thoughts:crossedf:
    That UCAS survey happened to me too, i'd blocked UCAS media etc so thought the only UCAS email i'd get would be a notification - nearly threw my computer out the window when i realised it was just a survey!

AES is actually driving me mental....

ReputationRep:
    dont bother with AES lads and lasses, ucas updates first anyways i thinkkk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooner19)
    Well I've applied to Bristol, Warwick, Exter and Endiburgh as well and so far had two offers from Exeter and Bristol. I'm still undecided as to whether Bristol or Warwick should be my second choive. What do you think?
    what grade offers are they giving you? I don't know, I havent been to either of those, nor am I applying to them but my friend's brother is in his 4th year at Warwick (doing Chemistry ew) and she has an offer for there and is seriously thinking about firming it. But apparently its nearer to Coventry and that's where the social life is and where people live in 2nd and 3rd year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matth55)
    That UCAS survey happened to me too, i'd blocked UCAS media etc so thought the only UCAS email i'd get would be a notification - nearly threw my computer out the window when i realised it was just a survey!

AES is actually driving me mental....
    aw... shame!.. I swear, I never want to look in my email inbox again after this. So depressing when you open it and it says 'no new messages'... just want to punch the screen and when you do get an email (like the UCAS one) and you realise you got all excited for nothing

So proud of myself, haven't looked at AES since yesterday and I've been at home sick so its been quiete a challenge

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.