Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone for education studies or St Chads going up for the open days 21/22 March??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PiazzaNewYorkCatcher13)
    Anyone else still waiting for a reply about Combined Honours Social Science?
    I AM!!! It's driving me insane!! It only got sent at the beginning of Jan but I already have my A-levels so was hoping they'd be speedier!

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting on V100 History.
    Any body else ? Seems like a few more replies are being sent out now the deadline has passed .

ReputationRep:
    sorry, a bit random, but does anyone know if they have swim teams at college level?
    I've tried looking on the website but I haven't found anything other than the university team.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by webber8345)
    sorry, a bit random, but does anyone know if they have swim teams at college level?
    I've tried looking on the website but I haven't found anything other than the university team.
    thanks
    I'd love anyone to answer this as well

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding applications for Mathematics (G100). Its driving me absolutely insane :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam Parry)
    I'd love anyone to answer this as well

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding applications for Mathematics (G100). Its driving me absolutely insane :|
    Got an offer today (for G103). Have they emailed you about your UMS scores yet?

ReputationRep:
    Well chuffed as I got a conditional via track for biomed today - AES still says its in dept and no decision made. I applied to Stephenson but have not received confirmation of that yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louise09)
    I AM!!! It's driving me insane!! It only got sent at the beginning of Jan but I already have my A-levels so was hoping they'd be speedier!
    This probably won't help but I waited til March for my offer...so don't give up hope yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by webber8345)
    thanks
    No it's only university level, but I'm not sure what the standard is (ie if it's lower than, say, university hockey because there aren't college teams).

If you go on the team Durham website you'll be able to find someone to email

ReputationRep:
    Rather confused. Got sent an email a while back saying I was unsuccessful for Psychology (C800) and that they'd consider me for Applied Psychology (C817) at Stockton. My AES still said the default "departments received not at college" and my UCAS was unchanged.
    Checked my AES today for the lolz and it still says I'm applying for C800 and but now it's been received by a college.

Praying to the heavens it'll be a spectacular U-turn but not so optimistic...anyone experienced the same or similar thing just to piss on my bonfire?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    dont bother with AES lads and lasses, ucas updates first anyways i thinkkk
    Yep, UCAS track updated for me today and AES is still saying the same ole, same ole . . . in dept no decision made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mfreeman.)
    Still waiting on V100 History.
    Any body else ? Seems like a few more replies are being sent out now the deadline has passed .
    me me me
    its my favourite
    havent got my hopes up though

ReputationRep:
    Your application has been received by a College
    YES (:
    says to check ucas but there's nothing there yet?
    How does it work now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gg08)
    No
    I've applied for French and Spanish and am still waiting to hear anything. The waiting is getting worse by the day- especially as Durham is my first choice!!
    Mine's literally been received by a college this morning, applied for German at Cuth's, Good luck with yours! The wait has been horrible though, sent mine off October 7th

ReputationRep:
    I have received an unconditional offer for which the ucas track application has updated. Though on the the AES it doesn't state which college I have been allocated to. I thought we hear from the college before the track updates? Also, will the college ask me to fulfil my unconditional requirements (i.e. send in certificates) or has this already been done on the ucas decision letter I received which stated that I should send in 'verification of qualifications' (does this mean GCSE's as well)?? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Those that are going to the post offer open day . . . how did you receive details about it?

Did they write to you as I cant find details of it on the website or on AES?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wailinza)
    Those that are going to the post offer open day . . . how did you receive details about it?

Cheers!
    My college sent me a letter about it

ReputationRep:

Cheers!
    They wrote, I got the letter about a week after my AES updated under the "personal links" section IIRC. Which college are you going for?

ReputationRep:

Cheers!
    I (and most other people I think) got sent details with the letter from the college I was put in Once a college has taken you, they'll send you a letter with a form in and you can book. If you've already had that but no form, you might want to email the college..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    I (and most other people I think) got sent details with the letter from the college I was put in Once a college has taken you, they'll send you a letter with a form in and you can book. If you've already had that but no form, you might want to email the college..

(Original post by riever86)
    They wrote, I got the letter about a week after my AES updated under the "personal links" section IIRC. Which college are you going for?

(Original post by steffanie)
    My college sent me a letter about it

Thanks all!

I got track updated yesterday and it read :
    'Thank you for your application to study at Durham University. Congratulations
    on receiving an offer! One of our colleges will contact you shortly to confirm details of your
    allocated college'

I applied to Stephensons but AES still says its in dept and no decision made yet but I'm kinda glad I got it via track then AES as its official then.

Guess, I'll have to wait for the letter . . .

Thanks guys

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.