Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmerz1)
    dont know, haven't been told in the update. It still says open application on UCAS and AES hasn't changed, so I've yet to find out. Probably just wait until I get the letter in the post, unless there is a way of finding out beforehand?
    Look under "useful links" on AES. The name of a college will appear there when it's allocated. The letter comes a couple of days later.

ReputationRep:
    I've just got an offer. Is economics at Durham good? I put No preference in the campus option
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by zanahoria)
    I've just got an offer. Is economics at Durham good? I put No preference in the campus option
    Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.R.E)
    I got an email from Hatfield a couple of days after the offer, so hopefully you hear soon!

Once again, congrats on the offer. :five:
    Fellow Hatfielder what course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by webber8345)
    Fellow Hatfielder what course?
    Law . (Might change though!)

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoeberg)
    Mine's literally been received by a college this morning, applied for German at Cuth's, Good luck with yours! The wait has been horrible though, sent mine off October 7th
    Ahhh, mine got sent to a college this afternoon May still have to wait a while for a final decision though.. Good luck with your application too! I've applied to St. Mary's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mfreeman.)
    Ah! When did you send your app off ? Mine was received on the 4th Nov by them and still nothing ! Offers from all others (York,Sussex,Sheffield,Southampt on) but not them.
    As you said : not getting my hopes up.
    they got mine Nov 25th...
    But I have heard from everywhere else too, waiting is painful

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application for bioche&molecular biology on Jan 14th.. Got my offer today..
    I guess by the looks of it, I got lucky!! =)
    Good luck to everyone too! OH and does anybody know what Collingwood is like? Because I've applied to that college but I don't know anything about Collingwood...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayteeKaytee)
    Look under "useful links" on AES. The name of a college will appear there when it's allocated. The letter comes a couple of days later.
    still hasn't changed :/ maybe I should wait a bit, probably wont update on the weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forzamilan)
    I sent my application for bioche&molecular biology on Jan 14th.. Got my offer today..
    I guess by the looks of it, I got lucky!! =)
    Good luck to everyone too! OH and does anybody know what Collingwood is like? Because I've applied to that college but I don't know anything about Collingwood...
    I went to visit Collingwood last term coz i know a few people up there, and its a great college! Had a really nice atmosphere, and was really laid back. Not as a formal as the bailey colleges. Its also quite a sporty college, and has a great bar. Had a great night out in Europe's worst club (I joke not) with some of the people who were there, and they were really friendly. Only thing I would say is that its on the hill, so coming back from the centre of Durham is usually quite a hike, but your gonna get that with any hill college. Don't let that put you off, its a fantastic college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.R.E)
    Law . (Might change though!)

What about you?
    Anthropology

Why might law change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by webber8345)
    Anthropology

Why might law change?
    Nice, might go to Economics Foundation instead! More interested in that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmerz1)
    I went to visit Collingwood last term coz i know a few people up there, and its a great college! Had a really nice atmosphere, and was really laid back. Not as a formal as the bailey colleges. Its also quite a sporty college, and has a great bar. Had a great night out in Europe's worst club (I joke not) with some of the people who were there, and they were really friendly. Only thing I would say is that its on the hill, so coming back from the centre of Durham is usually quite a hike, but your gonna get that with any hill college. Don't let that put you off, its a fantastic college
    Hi, i'm probably wrong, but I didn't think Durham updated UCAS until a college was confirmed.

Are you sure UCAS isn't showing a one digit college code against your offer details? Mine did but I missed it at first.

Congratulations on your offer, maybe see you there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    they have a pond and ducks which waddle about by themselves on the paths which is really cute. the buildings are hideous on the outside, and a lot arent much better on the inside but its nice and small. theres no catered first year accomodation which put me off. lots of chinese students. overall it was really nice and the city is SOOO pretty.
    apart from the hill up to the uni campus which is enormous, literally enormous.
    Aww that sounds lovely . Oh I didn't realise I thought they'd be quite old and architecturally very pretty since its bath :/ I love old traditional places. yeah that's a definite put off, lol I think I'll end up losing tons of weight (a very bad thing since im already quite small) cause I can't be bothered to cook or just too busy to. Yep I went to bath once but I think it's very touristy and not that student friendly. Haha somehow all my unis have some big hill that needs climbing :/ at least it means good views .

Thanks for the information, it was reeally useful I'm pretty sure I won't go to bath now, mostly cause of the self catering bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rogue Trader)
    Hi, i'm probably wrong, but I didn't think Durham updated UCAS until a college was confirmed.

Are you sure UCAS isn't showing a one digit college code against your offer details? Mine did but I missed it at first.

Congratulations on your offer, maybe see you there
    No mine showed Castle - U and I got all excited but then I got accepted into Trevelyan so no it's not an indication. They do mention this somewhere as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoeberg)
    Thanks, I guess after waiting this long I should be able to about manage it. I don't feel I can celebrate yet, as there is I guess a v small chance I won't get an offer now- what have you applied for?
    I've applied for Classics, and you?
    Did you make an open application or have you chosen a college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Upside Down)
    Wow, such a helpful post, thanks
    That's really calmed me about chemistry! I wasn't sure I'd written chemistry in the right place, but I must have I guess.
    I think Durham seems amazing and it was always going to be my first choice (if i didn't get into Cambridge, which i didn't hehe). Then I applied to UCL as literally a last minute choice and I'm starting to think it might be better than Durham. My brother worked in Durham for a year and he thinks I would get very bored after a short time. But I guess it's different being a student there, than just living there.
    I saw the chem department at UCL at my natsci interview and I thought it seemed quite nice. That's probably just because it stank of esters when I went in there though
    I just checked on the RSC website and you're right, UCL natsci isn't accredited. I didn't realise this was a problem!! This has thrown a spanner into the works..
    Not a problem glad I could help. I saw UCL two days ago for my interview and you're right the Chem department is nice and I can see why you like UCL. I think when I went they had just started the refurbishments which is why it seemed so bad to me :/. They are quite opposite to one another though, it's really a matter of personality. I didn't choose UCL purely cause I didn't want to live in London. You'll for sure get much more bored in Durham than UCL- there's so much to do in London, but I guess there's Newcastle if you're really bored. I wanted a quiet place that was more like a school like community, so went for Durham. I think if you're a really social person and like going out a lot and always need to have some thing exciting going on - UCL is defo for you. Durham is also a lot more traditional where as UCL is very cosmopolitan and multicultural.

Hope you can decide on your perfect place! (btw UCL is more globally reputed and I met someone who switched from Durham to UCL right at the last minute at my interview, but I really don't think you should base your choice on league tables )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam1am)
    Yeah they said instead of changing my ucas they would attach a letter with the physical copy of the application, I have a feeling my request got lost somewhere in the bureaucratic cycle though :/

And I liked the look of trevs from the internet, but then when I visited durham wasnt keen on the look of it at all. I guess there's more to a college then its buildings though. Didn't help I went to oxford for my interview and loved the old style of buildings there.

And yeah, I'm going up on the first day, the monday, might be the 22nd? Not sure. Apparently the train line to durham is closed that week so its if I can get there at all!
    That's odd :/ yeah its quite possible it got lost then. I felt the same way, I really liked the old Cambridge buildings and Durham seemed very similar. I think that's the 21st, I'm going up on the 22nd myself, which is a Tuesday. Really? It's closed? Where did you hear that? That is rather worrying :/ but as long a I can get to Newcastle it should be ok

ReputationRep:
    My best friend is waiting to hear for History V100 at Josephine Butler...her AES is still with department.
    I know from here/my own experience that there have been plenty offers given out for History, but has anyone specifically heard for History at Josephine Butler? Or Josephine Butler in general?
    It's really hard, because Durham was my second choice and I have an offer, and it's her first choice and she doesn't...I wish there was something I could do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Love 2 Learn)
    No mine showed Castle - U and I got all excited but then I got accepted into Trevelyan so no it's not an indication. They do mention this somewhere as well.
    Ah, ok thanks for the clarification. Apologies for the misinformation; guess I will have to wait a few days for a letter to confirm my college as well.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.