Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if the post-application open days 22nd/23rd March are just for students or whether you can bring family along too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KendallG)
    does anyone know if the post-application open days 22nd/23rd March are just for students or whether you can bring family along too?
    There's a finance talk for parents run by the University at some point (think it's the second day) but your parents won't be able to stay in college or go to the subject talks with you.

Best thing to do is for you to go up on the 22nd, stay overnight in college so you get to do the evening activities and have dinner, go to your subject talk in the morning after breakfast and get your parents to meet you at lunchtime in Durham.

Then you can take them on a self-guided tour of Durham (the website has maps and a suggested route) and tell them about the talks you've had.

There should be college tours for your college on afternoon of the 23rd which you could take them to, and there's a finance talk at some point - it should say on your open day timetable.

ReputationRep:
    hey, how long did people wait to get a letter from their allocated college after they got an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sappho)
    It used to be "Quodsi tam Graecis novitas invisa fuisset quam nobis, quid nunc esset vetus?" (Q. Horatius Flaccus): "But had the Greeks hated novelty as much as we do, what would be old now?" (Horace)
    It's a pity that I have to put a translation this time. Maybe we should apply for a revolution...:rolleyes:
    Ah I like it! (And I got it from the Latin too - no need to translate TSR! Just to add to my objection of it having to be removed)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    Are you going to be firming Durham then?
    Yes! Still waiting for an offer but if I get one literally as soon as possible it will be firmed!

ReputationRep:
    w00t offer for physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianofluteftw)
    Yes! Still waiting for an offer but if I get one literally as soon as possible it will be firmed!
    ah which subject?
    and what do u know about music opportunities at durham?

ReputationRep:
    ah which subject?
    and what do u know about music opportunities at durham?
    Physics
    From what I've been told and heard, many of the colleges have their own big bands (both brass, concert and orchestras) and choirs, as well as practice rooms and lots of student ensembles!
    I really want to go there for the music as well! (I do A level - piano, flute, voice and recorder )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misiak)
    w00t offer for physics
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    When did you hear (and how?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmerz1)
    hey, how long did people wait to get a letter from their allocated college after they got an offer?
    2-3 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    When did you hear (and how?)
    literally 5 minutes ago, ucas track email
    wording of the grades is a bit odd though

ReputationRep:
    Physics
    From what I've been told and heard, many of the colleges have their own big bands (both brass, concert and orchestras) and choirs, as well as practice rooms and lots of student ensembles!
    I really want to go there for the music as well! (I do A level - piano, flute, voice and recorder )
    High five! Well I'm doing Maths and Physics, but still very similar!
    I hope to join the college orchestra, I'm going for St Marys, what about you?
    And the brass bands too
    I read today that Durham have a brass band festival!!!
    I play trombone and piano. I did my diploma in piano as I'm not going to music college, but I still feel I am really bad at it!

ReputationRep:
    literally 5 minutes ago, ucas track email
    wording of the grades is a bit odd though
    So well done to you!
    Why what does it say?

ReputationRep:
    So well done to you!
    Why what does it say?
    GCE A level
    Grades AB in any order in
    Mathematics
    Physics
    Grade B
    and Chemistry
    Further Mathematics

it may be just me but it seems a bit 'engrish' :/

ReputationRep:
    High five! Well I'm doing Maths and Physics, but still very similar!
    I hope to join the college orchestra, I'm going for St Marys, what about you?
    And the brass bands too
    I read today that Durham have a brass band festival!!!
    I play trombone and piano. I did my diploma in piano as I'm not going to music college, but I still feel I am really bad at it!
    Yay a person with similar outlook on life
    I'm straight in there with the music things. If they don't want me they'll have to put up with playing aloong outside

Ah I'm working on Grade 8 piano (but I doubt i'll actually do the exam before uni de to lack of time :rolleyes:) and Grade 7 flute, and I just play in a recorder ensemble and sing in a choir (because as you can see I am so cool )

ReputationRep:
    Offer has come through for German, only waiting on the college now (:

ReputationRep:
    GCE A level
    Grades AB in any order in
    Mathematics
    Physics
    Grade B
    and Chemistry
    Further Mathematics

it may be just me but it seems a bit 'engrish' :/
    I see what you mean! It does seem badly worded and possibly obscures meaning!
    But nice offer!

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer!! So happyyyyy!!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for english! !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubbaa)
    Just got an offer for english! !!
    well done
    which college did you apply to?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.