well done
    which college did you apply to?
    Thankyou! And well done on your offer too
    I applied to grey, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubbaa)
    Thankyou! And well done on your offer too
    I applied to grey, you?
    thanks, I applied to collingwood, though i haven't really seen many people on here who did as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mfreeman.)
    Still waiting on V100 History.
    Any body else ? Seems like a few more replies are being sent out now the deadline has passed .
    I'm still waiting on V100

waiting is pretty awful but no news is good news, considering there seems to now be a trickling of rejections

Hang in there son!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    2-3 weeks.
    do they send an email as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmerz1)
    do they send an email as well?
    I didn't get an email. It came in the post. I found out a little earlier though (in one week) by checking AES under links.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sempiternitas)
    Sorry for more non-Durham talk, but I used to love yours as well. I don't understand why TSR would be against Latin quotations.
    They probably think it's elitist. Most people from state schools don't learn latin so it's a bit rude to put something in that can't be understood by an entire social group. I agree with them.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard for modern languages, french and spanish yet? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misiak)
    literally 5 minutes ago, ucas track email
    wording of the grades is a bit odd though
    After i saw this im literally just gazing at my inbox every minute for my rejection or offer, waiting has been awful. But nice one on getting the offer

ReputationRep:
    I'm beginning to get a few emails from the university trying to convince me to firm Durham. Ha! If they only knew that I'm already sold! Anyone else getting these emails?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianofluteftw)
    Yay a person with similar outlook on life
    I'm straight in there with the music things. If they don't want me they'll have to put up with playing aloong outside

Ah I'm working on Grade 8 piano (but I doubt i'll actually do the exam before uni de to lack of time :rolleyes:) and Grade 7 flute, and I just play in a recorder ensemble and sing in a choir (because as you can see I am so cool )
    LOL! have fun playing in the cold of Durham! I'll join u with my trombone, we can have a trombone flute duet I'm in a couple of brass bands and a schools orchestra, which isn't very good, but I'm trying to get good enough to join one of the orchestras in Durham to keep the music going, still thinking about how to keep piano going though, I'll probably just be playing for fun, I'll try and do a playing piano at parties business where I play easy listening stuff for an hour and get paid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    LOL! have fun playing in the cold of Durham! I'll join u with my trombone, we can have a trombone flute duet I'm in a couple of brass bands and a schools orchestra, which isn't very good, but I'm trying to get good enough to join one of the orchestras in Durham to keep the music going, still thinking about how to keep piano going though, I'll probably just be playing for fun, I'll try and do a playing piano at parties business where I play easy listening stuff for an hour and get paid!
    Ah I'll wrap up and use my 'flute scarf' (it actually exists to keep flute warm!) and we can duet! I've always wanted to play the trombone as well! (But apparently it might muck up my embouchure :/)
    Yeah, I'm just in a couple of local concert bands but I think I'll be able to audition at a reasonable standard.
    And yes, keeping up the piano is going to be more difficult! I always get really scared of performing on my own (which since the piano is quite often solo isn't the most useful!) so I'll just go and hide in a practice room and perform to myself And beg for money...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gfaust)
    I'm beginning to get a few emails from the university trying to convince me to firm Durham. Ha! If they only knew that I'm already sold! Anyone else getting these emails?
    Haha yeah bro!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia1234)
    Nope, still nothing. I just applied for Spanish. I'm not worrying yet though, I don't think any French/Spanish applicants have heard (as far as I can tell, though other people might have...)

I haven't heard anything back from Bristol either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianofluteftw)
    Ah I'll wrap up and use my 'flute scarf' (it actually exists to keep flute warm!) and we can duet! I've always wanted to play the trombone as well! (But apparently it might muck up my embouchure :/)
    Yeah, I'm just in a couple of local concert bands but I think I'll be able to audition at a reasonable standard.
    And yes, keeping up the piano is going to be more difficult! I always get really scared of performing on my own (which since the piano is quite often solo isn't the most useful!) so I'll just go and hide in a practice room and perform to myself And beg for money...
    Mess up your embrouchure? Thats odd, you should be allowed to play whatever you want. I like it because its loud, though that does have its downsides, in a big orchestra, I tend to get singled out and picked on a lot. Its either 'TROMBONE SECTION - PLAY LOUDER' or 'BASS TROMBONE [thats me ] STOP OVERPOWERING'
    I got asked to do a trombone solo in the next school concert, after doing a piano solo in the last one, which makes me think my trombone playing might be better than piano which is a bit worrying as I have spent longer on piano! I hope the practise rooms won't be full all the time at my college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia1234)
    Got my offer today!!
    You probably don't have much longer to wait!! Hang in there!

ReputationRep:
    I also got an offer for French and Spanish today!!!

ReputationRep:
    Is there many going over for the open day on the 21st/22nd from Ireland?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jh09)
    I also got an offer for French and Spanish today!!!
    Congrats! Which college?

ReputationRep:
    I GOT AN OFFER, mathematics A*AA, should i drop my extra chem subject ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jedi-Slayer)
    I GOT AN OFFER, mathematics A*AA, should i drop my extra chem subject ?
    I'm not sure if you can unless you ask the university as you have declared on the UCAS form that you are taking those subjects. My Cambridge offer specifically states that I must continue with any subjects I have detailed on my UCAS form even though they have only asked for grades in 3 of my 4 subjects.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.