Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jedi-Slayer)
    I GOT AN OFFER, mathematics A*AA, should i drop my extra chem subject ?
    If they don't ask for a grade in that subject then I don't see why not. Ofc it would be better to confirm with the uni, but even if they say you have to carry on, you could still stop going to the lessons and just turn up to the exam and see what you get

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!
    Do you think this extra chem would detriment your other subjects?
    I agree with what everyone has said that it'd probably be best to check it out specifically.

Still waiting on the Maths offer/ rejection ... :/
    Did you apply for G100 or a different similar course?

Quite worried due to an unfortunate just scraping an A in core 3 but averaging 95%+ on the other modules. I'm predicted an A* so i just hope the core 3 isn't everything they go off after doing so much extra curricular activities and 7 drafts of my personal statement...

Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Like what other people have said, if you do drop it you have to tell them, else they can retract your offer. Congrats though.

ReputationRep:
    Durham please gimme an offer! :blush:

ReputationRep:
    Oh & after 3 weeks of waiting, I was finally contacted by my college today -- turns out it wasn't Castle, like I thought, but St. Cuth's!
    Still reeally happy though! St Cuth's looks like an awesome place to live!

Anybody St Cuth's offer holders here too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schnecke)
    If they don't ask for a grade in that subject then I don't see why not. Ofc it would be better to confirm with the uni, but even if they say you have to carry on, you could still stop going to the lessons and just turn up to the exam and see what you get
    They have to sit the exams or they've broken the conditions of their offer by not doing all the exams they said they would on UCAS.

They can turn up, not write anything and get a U and that's fine, but they must turn up (otherwise you get an X or something).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gg08)
    Got my offer today!!
    You probably don't have much longer to wait!! Hang in there!
    (Original post by jh09)
    I also got an offer for French and Spanish today!!!

Well done both of you! that's amazing! i wish they would hurry up and tell me either way :P Which colleges did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    Mess up your embrouchure? Thats odd, you should be allowed to play whatever you want. I like it because its loud, though that does have its downsides, in a big orchestra, I tend to get singled out and picked on a lot. Its either 'TROMBONE SECTION - PLAY LOUDER' or 'BASS TROMBONE [thats me ] STOP OVERPOWERING'
    I got asked to do a trombone solo in the next school concert, after doing a piano solo in the last one, which makes me think my trombone playing might be better than piano which is a bit worrying as I have spent longer on piano! I hope the practise rooms won't be full all the time at my college.
    Ah well apparently most people don't play both brass and woodwind as the technique is different and it can cause a detrimental effect :/
    But yes - i do sometimes wish flutes were a) louder (so i don't have to try so hard to be heard over the gazillion clarinets during solos) although I do rather enjoy the showy high fast bits
    Or just they don't have enough trombone representation? I do more performance on flute I must say despite only playing for 2 1/2 years as there are sooo many pianists in my school
    But bring on Durham! (Please give me an offer! :rolleyes:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia1234)
    Well done both of you! that's amazing! i wish they would hurry up and tell me either way :P Which colleges did you apply to?
    I applied to St. Mary's but haven't been told which college I got yet. What about you? Good luck, by the way. I'm sure you'll hear something very soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianofluteftw)
    Ah well apparently most people don't play both brass and woodwind as the technique is different and it can cause a detrimental effect :/
    But yes - i do sometimes wish flutes were a) louder (so i don't have to try so hard to be heard over the gazillion clarinets during solos) although I do rather enjoy the showy high fast bits
    Or just they don't have enough trombone representation? I do more performance on flute I must say despite only playing for 2 1/2 years as there are sooo many pianists in my school
    But bring on Durham! (Please give me an offer! :rolleyes:)
    Ye I don't know many people who play both brass and woodwind, especially not at a very high level. Ye flutes are pretty quiet, but you can make a good sound if you blow hard enough, I have heard it done before, and the showy fast bits are great if they don't mess up!
    There are loads of pianists in my school too, I'm the highest out of them all in terms of qualifications, but a large number are naturally better with sight reading and stuff, play more impressive pieces, stuff like that, so its a bit of a knock when your playing isn't appreciated
    I think you should get an offer, no reason why not to, do you do further maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    Ye I don't know many people who play both brass and woodwind, especially not at a very high level. Ye flutes are pretty quiet, but you can make a good sound if you blow hard enough, I have heard it done before, and the showy fast bits are great if they don't mess up!
    There are loads of pianists in my school too, I'm the highest out of them all in terms of qualifications, but a large number are naturally better with sight reading and stuff, play more impressive pieces, stuff like that, so its a bit of a knock when your playing isn't appreciated
    I think you should get an offer, no reason why not to, do you do further maths?
    Yeah playing loud is all right, just not for long periods! Far too much air required...
    I know! And don't you find it so annoying that you are the most qualified (which I am) but there are just the people (in my school particularly the people who can improvise in jazz groups) who get to do everything! And then they come up and say 'oh look I can play moonlight sonata' and they just play the 1st movement and not even the real thing but people act like they're some kind of God, whereas you then play and amazing piece of Mozart or Chopin and they're just like 'meh' :mad:
    Rant over

I hope so! I'm predicted over the grade requirements, and although I don't do further maths I said in my personal statement that I was reading the text books and my reference said that I was fully capable of doing it (i just couldn't in my timetable). I hope they see beyond the random subject combination as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Durham please gimme an offer! :blush:
    Please hurry up and give me an offer, you mean?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itareldie)
    I second this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianofluteftw)
    I second this!
    I third this XD

Please Durham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itareldie)
    In all honesty I'll probably get rejected.

You've got some AWESOME offers! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damamat)
    I'm still waiting on V100

waiting is pretty awful but no news is good news, considering there seems to now be a trickling of rejections

Hang in there son!
    Ha, cheers mate. Best of luck and let me know how you get on.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Primary Education at Stockton- John snow ;]

ReputationRep:
    Applied to:

Canterbury (times 2) : Offer
    Roehampton (times 2): pending
    Durham : Pending

ReputationRep:
    Anybody still waiting on offers for Chemistry?
    Durham's the only uni that hasn't replied to me yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e.nelson17)
    Applied to:

Canterbury (times 2) : Offer
    Roehampton (times 2): pending
    Durham : Pending

Are you German?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.