Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sappho)
    I got an offer last night
    Hurra, finally! :woo:
    Congrats! I guess I had it in my head that you already had the offer b/c of the status being received by college . . . and you still don't have any confirmation about which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skypig97)
    Congrats! I guess I had it in my head that you already had the offer b/c of the status being received by college . . . and you still don't have any confirmation about which college?
    No, I haven't. The offer came through just last night. Today they sent me an e-mail saying it'd take about three weeks until I hear from my college. I don't know whether it'll be via e-mail, otherwise it might even take a little longer as letters from the UK usually take about a week to reach me.
    I know my memory is awful, what was your college again? And what's your first choice at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianofluteftw)
    I respect them immensely but it would be nice if I got noticed . But jamming is so much fun! Ah no, the Einaudi bug hit about 2 years ago so now it's only the real amateurs (but the trouble is I actually like Einaudi - it was just overplayed!)
    Ah thanks! Well I do Physics and Maths (obviously ) and English Literature and Music. So not all 'Science'y but my application I hope shows that I am good at them, I just didn't get to fit them in at A level! (In my world I would like to do about 9 A levels if there was just more time :rolleyes:)
    Physics and maths is all you need, you are a well rounded candidate!! 9 A levels? Strange thing to want to do, 5 is enough for me Wha else would you have taken?
    And ye Einaudi is ridiculously overplayed by people who think they are good at piano What pieces are you playing at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonj. =])
    Still waiting for Modern Languages. I sent a message out a couple of days ago looking for any other French and ab initio Russian-ers out there, but there don't seem to be any. Has everyone had language offers by now?
    Still nothing for Spanish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonj. =])
    Still waiting for Modern Languages. I sent a message out a couple of days ago looking for any other French and ab initio Russian-ers out there, but there don't seem to be any. Has everyone had language offers by now?
    I still haven't heard for French and Spanish! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoeberg)
    My personal link on the aes has changed to St Cuth's so does that mean I've got Cuth's? Still waiting for the letter-really hope it is!
    Hi there :wavey: ! I received a conditional offer at Cuth's too!
    What course did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional offer PPE St Cuthbert's Society.
    Is it a good college?

ReputationRep:
    hey
    According to durhams admission procedure the application is transferred to the college only if they decide to make you an offer.
    My AES says that application is recieved by the college.
    Does that mean I'm accepted? Does that?Does that? :|

though my UCAS is not updated yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilamba1)
    hey
    According to durhams admission procedure the application is transferred to the college only if they decide to make you an offer.
    My AES says that application is recieved by the college.
    Does that mean I'm accepted? Does that?Does that? :|

though my UCAS is not updated yet
    You can be rejected after your app gets to a college, but it doesn't seem to happen too frequently.

AES says this about it: 'Please note that occasionally some applications are unsuccessful despite being sent to a college as the University is restricted in the number of home offers it can make and is committed to ensuring that departments and colleges do not make too many offers. Occasionally, a department may inadvertently make a few too many offers, as our monitoring systems are updated on a daily basis rather than in real-time. These applications are recalled within the University and, even though the AES may have shown that an application has been passed to a college for consideration, the University will not be in a position to make an offer and an unsuccessful decision will be recorded at UCAS.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmism)
    Hi there :wavey: ! I received a conditional offer at Cuth's too!
    What course did you apply to?
    Hey I applied for German, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totti10)
    Unconditional offer PPE St Cuthbert's Society.
    Is it a good college?
    I applied to Cuth's have an offer there for German.
    It is the 3rd oldest and has a beautiful location on the Bailey and interesting history. It has the best catering options: full, self or part. Also has 2 bars. Plus it's called a 'society' so I think that makes it a bit unique, it's a so-called 'scholarly community' too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoeberg)
    Hey I applied for German, what about you?
    I applied for International Relations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatashaJB)
    universities don't have half terms ...
    so yes
    Ok thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Durham hasn't told me anything yet.

Any Mathmo's still waiting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vekeh)
    You can be rejected after your app gets to a college, but it doesn't seem to happen too frequently.

AES says this about it: 'Please note that occasionally some applications are unsuccessful despite being sent to a college as the University is restricted in the number of home offers it can make and is committed to ensuring that departments and colleges do not make too many offers. Occasionally, a department may inadvertently make a few too many offers, as our monitoring systems are updated on a daily basis rather than in real-time. These applications are recalled within the University and, even though the AES may have shown that an application has been passed to a college for consideration, the University will not be in a position to make an offer and an unsuccessful decision will be recorded at UCAS.'

Haha thanks for the hope of rejection.
    The note says that there's a restriction on home applicants. Any on international applicants?
    I'm from India and I applied for law.
    Since you know so much, I assume you've got your admission or you're studying there.
    Which course did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    Physics and maths is all you need, you are a well rounded candidate!! 9 A levels? Strange thing to want to do, 5 is enough for me Wha else would you have taken?
    And ye Einaudi is ridiculously overplayed by people who think they are good at piano What pieces are you playing at the moment?
    Good! My GCSEs demonstrate proficiency in all other sciences so hopefully! Ah it's just I miss my subjects so much! In addition I wish I could do Art, Geography, Chem and Biology! (I miss them! But I know I obviously wouldn't have enough time!).
    Well I'm working towards my recital, so I have been working on the entire Pathetique (Beethoven) and then choose a movement to do (want it to be showy but not too hard...), Mozart sonata in C minor and fantasia in d minor (1 grade 8, 1 grade 7 but the fantasia has some immense candenzas!) and a load of Chopin.

Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    So anyone else waited 4 months to get anything from Durham apart from acknowledgement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    So anyone else waited 4 months to get anything from Durham apart from acknowledgement?
    Yes, getting on for 6 now! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianofluteftw)
    Yes, getting on for 6 now! :mad:
    WTF?! 6 MONTHS?! That's outrageous. Although saying that your application probably won't be rejected IMO as they've held on to it for so long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Exactly 4 months on monday.... Heard from everywhere else, (Warwick, York, Nottingham and UEA) but not Durham...

Probably have checked my AES every day too....

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.