Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuttynatz)
    Waiting since mid october for law what have you applied for?
    i applied in october too, damn oxford hah, i applied for physics. Good luck with getting an offer !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alphalpha)
    i applied in october too, damn oxford hah, i applied for physics. Good luck with getting an offer !!
    Same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    WTF?! 6 MONTHS?! That's outrageous. Although saying that your application probably won't be rejected IMO as they've held on to it for so long.
    Hmmm having actually thought about just over 5 months! I tend to round up in my impatience :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianofluteftw)
    Good! My GCSEs demonstrate proficiency in all other sciences so hopefully! Ah it's just I miss my subjects so much! In addition I wish I could do Art, Geography, Chem and Biology! (I miss them! But I know I obviously wouldn't have enough time!).
    Well I'm working towards my recital, so I have been working on the entire Pathetique (Beethoven) and then choose a movement to do (want it to be showy but not too hard...), Mozart sonata in C minor and fantasia in d minor (1 grade 8, 1 grade 7 but the fantasia has some immense candenzas!) and a load of Chopin.

Yourself?
    At the moment, I feel I have picked the right A levels and dont think I would enjoy any others more, I would probably just do additional further maths and finish my media studies A level (don't mock, I did the AS in year 11 and it was fun!)
    Is this recital for a diploma? I'm just learning Rachmaninoffs Gminor prelude and Chopins E minor waltz which I hope I can master

ReputationRep:
    As an international student does "Your application has been received by a College" mean I will probably be getting an interview? IF SO, does anyone know where I can find information about it? I can't find anything on Google!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schwurlie)
    As an international student does "Your application has been received by a College" mean I will probably be getting an interview? IF SO, does anyone know where I can find information about it? I can't find anything on Google!
    I think that means you'll be made an offer, but the college is seeing if they'll take you first. And it might depend on the department, but I'm international and didn't have an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schwurlie)
    I thought they wouldn't send it to a college before you got an offer? ;o In my case, anyways, I had the offer like a week before they said anything about sending it to a college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilamba1)
    Haha thanks for the hope of rejection.
    The note says that there's a restriction on home applicants. Any on international applicants?
    I'm from India and I applied for law.
    Since you know so much, I assume you've got your admission or you're studying there.
    Which course did you get?
    Ha, no, I just copy and pasted what AES said I'm still impatiently waiting to hear back about English ahhhh.

I have no idea if they have an international applicant restriction, but I'd assume so - they can't exactly have space for every international applicant that they want? And given that it's still (fairly) early on in the admission's cycle I don't see how they would have already filled their quota
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Durham hasn't told me anything yet.

Any Mathmo's still waiting?
    Me

ReputationRep:
    Update on Biomed Offers:

From what I can tell the following have had offers and colleges allocated:

Stevo:
    Wailinza (yes)
    MessyRoom
    RadioHawk
    Mooniibuggy (no) - insurance

John Snow:
    GreyFox
    Kristinalovesu
    SeasickSteve

Be great to see how many others there are that have had offers and colleges allocated??

I've also just booked to go to the open day on the 16th March. Who else is going - stick a yes next to your name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachetto)
    Any fellow Grey College/Law offer holders? And going to the Open day in March?!
    I've got an offer for History at Grey And I'm going on the 21st/22nd, how about you?

(Original post by Schnecke)
    I'm Grey :awesome: (according to my useful links ). Definitely planning on going to the open day, but haven't got a letter from them yet. What sort of day is it on?
    Hi, I'm Grey too (for history) I don't see many other Grey people on here so I thought I'd say hi Open days are 22nd/23rd March and you can stay in the college the night before if you want. Do you think you'll go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vekeh)
    Ha, no, I just copy and pasted what AES said I'm still impatiently waiting to hear back about English ahhhh.

I have no idea if they have an international applicant restriction, but I'd assume so - they can't exactly have space for every international applicant that they want? And given that it's still (fairly) early on in the admission's cycle I don't see how they would have already filled their quota
    Is it early on? Most universities have already given out offers. I'm still waiting on Biology though Seen a couple of rejections and acceptances. I'm curious if the number of applications is what takes Durham a while to sort through them all, or if other factors are involved in making offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazydavy)
    Is it early on? Most universities have already given out offers. I'm still waiting on Biology though Seen a couple of rejections and acceptances. I'm curious if the number of applications is what takes Durham a while to sort through them all, or if other factors are involved in making offers?
    Yeah, but given that a lot of unis wait until after the deadline to deal with the bulk of their applications there's still gonna be looooads of people waiting to hear back. I'd say number of applicants definitely - I don't know about Biology but on the English page it says that last year they had 2100 apps, for 100 places... crazy amount!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    Me
    Hopefully we both will get offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    Hi, I'm Grey too (for history) I don't see many other Grey people on here so I thought I'd say hi Open days are 22nd/23rd March and you can stay in the college the night before if you want. Do you think you'll go?
    Hi No, me neither. I got the letter today, I'm going for the 22nd , hopefully staying over the night before.

ReputationRep:
    I've been allocated from University to St Hild and St Bede

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schnecke)
    Hi No, me neither. I got the letter today, I'm going for the 22nd , hopefully staying over the night before.
    Snap, provided they have space Might see you there then... Seeing as you've got an offer from Cambridge (I remmber you from the Cambridge threat ) will you have Durham as your insurance or somewhere else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wailinza)
    Update on Biomed Offers:

From what I can tell the following have had offers and colleges allocated:

Stevo:
    Wailinza (yes)
    MessyRoom
    RadioHawk
    Mooniibuggy (no) - insurance

John Snow:
    GreyFox
    Kristinalovesu
    SeasickSteve

Be great to see how many others there are that have had offers and colleges allocated??

I've also just booked to go to the open day on the 16th March. Who else is going - stick a yes next to your name?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1479333

It's a little empty in this thread!

ReputationRep:
    I applied back in October and I haven't heard anything yet

For all those who have received offers, when your AES updated, were you sent an email or did you find out by constantly checking your AES?

I'm driving myself crazy checking my AES all the time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ned93)
    I applied back in October and I haven't heard anything yet

For all those who have received offers, when your AES updated, were you sent an email or did you find out by constantly checking your AES?

I'm driving myself crazy checking my AES all the time!
    Checking unfortunately!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.