Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skypig97)
    St. Chad's and Durham is in front. Getting excited about March open day.
    Good Well, I hope you'll love it then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianofluteftw)
    I love all my subjects but I absolutely loved GCSEs and wish I could do them all at A level! And no, I don't mock media studies! i'm sure it was enormous fun!

Nope, just for A level Music. We have to do a 20 minute solo recital based around a theme - mine being 'the development of solo piano music between the classical and romantic eras' hence Mozart -> Beethoven -> Chopin

You only really need to do grade 6 stuff, but you get better marks doing harder stuff! (as long as I can play it all perfectly by May... :rolleyes: What's your recital for?
    I don't have any recitals coming up, just playing to progress at the moment, I'm not good enough to perform in concerts yet, and when I do, I play really badly with a few mistakes
    I would've just done grade 6 stuff to be on the safe side!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    I don't have any recitals coming up, just playing to progress at the moment, I'm not good enough to perform in concerts yet, and when I do, I play really badly with a few mistakes
    I would've just done grade 6 stuff to be on the safe side!
    Well I may end up just playing grade 7 stuff to be on the safe side!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianofluteftw)
    I love all my subjects but I absolutely loved GCSEs and wish I could do them all at A level! And no, I don't mock media studies! i'm sure it was enormous fun!

Nope, just for A level Music. We have to do a 20 minute solo recital based around a theme - mine being 'the development of solo piano music between the classical and romantic eras' hence Mozart -> Beethoven -> Chopin

You only really need to do grade 6 stuff, but you get better marks doing harder stuff! (as long as I can play it all perfectly by May... :rolleyes: What's your recital for?
    I really don't want to be rude, but isn't there somewhere else on here that you could continue this music conversation? It's not really what this thread is for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayteeKaytee)
    I really don't want to be rude, but isn't there somewhere else on here that you could continue this music conversation? It's not really what this thread is for.
    I think we're done, but it was linked to Durham and the music available at Durham and what we were applying for! Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Got my letter this morning - Modern Languages at Hild Bede Are people going to the open day in March?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jh09)
    Got my letter this morning - Modern Languages at Hild Bede Are people going to the open day in March?
    Modern languages at Cuth's, going to the open day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmerz1)
    wait until you see 'Europe's worst club' Klute. Its HILARIOUS.
    Seriously? I'm imaging something really small with bad music and over priced drinks?
    I'm not too fussed anyway, not massive on clubbing, wouldn't make my uni choice on something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freerider101)
    Seriously? I'm imaging something really small with bad music and over priced drinks?
    I'm not too fussed anyway, not massive on clubbing, wouldn't make my uni choice on something like that.
    well , its essentially that, but the drinks are cheap. You go there knowing its going to be a terrible club, so you actually end up having a good time. But yer, the college bars are really good. Castle's is especially good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sappho)
    Good Well, I hope you'll love it then
    Are you any more certain of your top choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoeberg)
    Modern languages at Cuth's, going to the open day.
    (Original post by jh09)
    Which languages did you both apply for? I still haven't heard for french and spanish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia1234)
    Which languages did you both apply for? I still haven't heard for french and spanish!
    German and may do Russian as a subsid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia1234)
    My offer is AAB for French and Spanish, so I'm sure you'll hear this week!!! Best of luck, hope to see you in October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skypig97)
    Are you any more certain of your top choice?
    I don't think it'll be Durham tbh. I really love Edinburgh, but as you know, I haven't heard from them yet. At the moment my favourite is St Andrews out of those who've replied already. I will visit these two Scottish unis in March, and I hope I'll one day have good news from Edinburgh
    edit: And that I'll actually like St Andrews and Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoeberg)
    German and may do Russian as a subsid.
    (Original post by jh09)
    My offer is AAB for French and Spanish, so I'm sure you'll hear this week!!! Best of luck, hope to see you in October
    ah well done both of you, that's great news

I really hope so, the waiting game is not fun! haha, they don't half like to keep you in suspense :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)

Hi, what's your subject? I'm nervous too, but exicted Not sure what I'll do for the night bit, apparently you can choose whether to stay in college or go out (clubbing I think)... I'll be 18 but not sure I want to go out (and possibly be hungover for the open day the next day). Plus clubbing's not exactly my thing... Just nervous about meeting people and stuff?
    English Yeah i heard that too, probably won't have much choice as i'll still be 17 :/ And yeahh and because its meeting the tutors and everything, they might just be like 'whoops looks like we made a mistake with that one!' haha, im excited really though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubbaa)
    English Yeah i heard that too, probably won't have much choice as i'll still be 17 :/ And yeahh and because its meeting the tutors and everything, they might just be like 'whoops looks like we made a mistake with that one!' haha, im excited really though
    Haha I'm sure the tutors will be lovely.. Least I hope so Where are coming from? I have a loooong journey from London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    Haha I'm sure the tutors will be lovely.. Least I hope so Where are coming from? I have a loooong journey from London
    The midlands so a pretty long journey for me too!

ReputationRep:
    are there many nat sci applicants still waiting? i'm actually dying here!!! D:

ReputationRep:
    Got one for PPE

Toying between Durham and Edinburgh at the moment...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.