Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jh09)
    My offer is AAB for French and Spanish, so I'm sure you'll hear this week!!! Best of luck, hope to see you in October
    Same for me Haven't got my letter from my college yet though..

ReputationRep:
    Got into Hatfield!

First thing I do when I get there is to commission a new Youtube video. If you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.

ReputationRep:
    For those who seem to be nervous about the open days there is no need. I don't attend durham but I am a regular visitor of friends and it doesn't matter where you go or what you do people welcome you. No joke you can pretty much just walk into a college and people won't challenge or hastle you...as i found out when i first wandered into grey to meet my friend.
    Just go on down, or up, get a few drinks in and chat to people, most importantly have fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexem)
    are there many nat sci applicants still waiting? i'm actually dying here!!! D:
    whichhhh science specifically? im doing biology

ReputationRep:
    i cant wait for the sleepover

(wait are we allowed to call it that? :woo:)

ReputationRep:
    From what I can see a few more History V100 offers are slipping through the net, is there anyone else still hanging on like me?

Also I'm open application and I cant seem to find any other people commenting about getting offers, have i put myself at a disadvantage doing an open application

someone help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damamat)
    From what I can see a few more History V100 offers are slipping through the net, is there anyone else still hanging on like me?

Also I'm open application and I cant seem to find any other people commenting about getting offers, have i put myself at a disadvantage doing an open application

someone help!
    Im still waiting for news as well, my application wasn't open but none the less. There are so many applicants for history this year that they will take a little longer getting through them so I think a lot of people are still waiting to hear. I hope its good news for you.

ReputationRep:
    After durham have made you an offer via ucas do they send you a letter in the post too?
    I recieved my offer on the 4th of feb and havent heard anything else since .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syeite)
    After durham have made you an offer via ucas do they send you a letter in the post too?
    Ye you should get a letter/info pack from your allocated college which will incorporate info on open days and on your subject. Sometimes the post can be a little slow. My friend got his letter 3-4 weeks after his offer last year. Just sit tight, you have your offer so there's nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:

someone help!
    yeah I'm in the same boat - open application sent off in october, still no news!

ReputationRep:

someone help!
    (Original post by katieb93)
    yeah I'm in the same boat - open application sent off in october, still no news!
    I'm open application too guys. I wonder if with open apps they leave it to see if any college is in less demand, and then assign us to that one. If anyone applied open app and has been rejected that would pretty much ruin this theory, so i'm not sure. Maybe our grades are just borderline, maybe they havent got to our apps yet.....maybe they decide the successful applicants through a game of ipp dip doo. Time will tell.

ReputationRep:
    Really excited for the open day! Anyone else going to St.Cuths 22/23rd March?
    I've heard rumors about replacement buses instead of trains? I'm coming from Manchester, can anyone confirm this? I hate buses with a passion even though I get 4 a day, it'd totally ruin the whole outing to Durham!

ReputationRep:
    Durham offer

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for law!!!!!!!!!!!
    They're still deciding on the college but who cares about the college preference
    i seriously was in a need for a reason to partaeee!!
    Tonights gonna be a good night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilamba1)
    Just got an offer for law!!!!!!!!!!!
    They're still deciding on the college but who cares about the college preference
    i seriously was in a need for a reason to partaeee!!
    Tonights gonna be a good night
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianofluteftw)
    Well I may end up just playing grade 7 stuff to be on the safe side!
    Did you do any well known pieces for grade 7?

ReputationRep:
    People getting the train to the open day, what time are you arriving and leaving?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syeite)

You'll hear from the college you've been allocated to soon . It took about 2 weeks for my letter to arrive so bear with!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubbaa)
    People getting the train to the open day, what time are you arriving and leaving?
    I'm getting the train up from London, I get in at 3.30 and leave at 12.50 the next day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    I'm getting the train up from London, I get in at 3.30 and leave at 12.50 the next day
    Thanks, thats useful to know

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.