Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im going to the st cuths open day, 22nd/23rd. Anyone else?

Im getting the train up from Wales, I got the cheapest trains so think im gonna be there a bit early but oh well. Get there at 14.50 and leave at 15.25 the next day.

ReputationRep:
    For people who asked about changing college, when I rang up the Admisison tutor of my assigned college they said it was against university policy to allow people to change. Not sure whether that's specifically for Van Mildert or the whole uni though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nia M)
    For people who asked about changing college, when I rang up the Admisison tutor of my assigned college they said it was against university policy to allow people to change. Not sure whether that's specifically for Van Mildert or the whole uni though
    Ye traditionally the uni doesn't allow college swapping as they have enough figures and logistics to deal with without every other applicant deciding they fancy being at another college. If a college, for whatever reason, seems to be undersubscribed, which is extremely rare, they may allow it but the allocated college is a decision set in quick drying cement, rather than stone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocks:))
    Really excited for the open day! Anyone else going to St.Cuths 22/23rd March?
    I've heard rumors about replacement buses instead of trains? I'm coming from Manchester, can anyone confirm this? I hate buses with a passion even though I get 4 a day, it'd totally ruin the whole outing to Durham!
    I'm not at St Cuths but I am travelling from Manchester Piccadilly to Durham on the train on the 22nd. I haven't heard anything about buses.

ReputationRep:
    Lots if people seem to be visiting 22nd to 23rd! Anyone visiting 21st to 22nd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freerider101)
    Meee. Which college?
    I'm trying to locate some Butler people but they're proving hard to find haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffanie)
    Meee. Which college?
    I'm trying to locate some Butler people but they're proving hard to find haha.
    St Marys. And yeah I haven't looked. I've heard that in previous years everyone ends up going to town in the evening anyway, so I doubt it will be too much of a problem!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for open since I don't know **** about how the college system works and got Aidans. Anyone know what it's like? Seems pretty low profile. I'm into sports and drinking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    whichhhh science specifically? im doing biology
    im doing physics and maths (and maybe biology, haven't decided yet)
    haha, three subjects makes me sound so greedy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freerider101)
    I've been thinking this too, but I'm doing 21/22nd What's your college/subject?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for molecular biology and biochem yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tash707)
    Has anyone got an offer for molecular biology and biochem yet?
    I have, I got it just before the January deadline for ABB I'm sure it won't be too long, Durham seem to be giving offers out in batches! What college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexIsMyHero)
    I have, I got it just before the January deadline for ABB I'm sure it won't be too long, Durham seem to be giving offers out in batches! What college did you apply to?
    Oh wow congrats! Is Durham your first choice? I've been waiting for ages now, i really hope to get an offer! I applied to University college :P so i'm pretty sure i won't get in to it - but i wanted to give it a shot anyway. wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexem)
    im doing physics and maths (and maybe biology, haven't decided yet)
    haha, three subjects makes me sound so greedy!!
    haa greedy lol, not at alllll. ive heard in physics boys outnumber girls 9:1 so that should be fun lol, your lucky to live in gravesend btw its so nice there

ReputationRep:
    got an offer for music at St. Cuths a few weeks back, going to open day 22/23rd= anyone else??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tash707)
    Oh wow congrats! Is Durham your first choice? I've been waiting for ages now, i really hope to get an offer! I applied to University college :P so i'm pretty sure i won't get in to it - but i wanted to give it a shot anyway. wbu?
    I'm not sure yet! I'm still waiting on Bristol and I havent actually visited it yet! But it could well be my first choice when did you apply and Is it your first choice? I have an offer from Trevelyan college! it's all very exciting!! I hope you don't have to wait too long to find out!

ReputationRep:
    I am coming to visit on 21/22nd for general engineering at trevelyan anybody else??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nia M)
    what didnt you like about van mildert?

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering if Durham would give out offers before Open Day though. Still waiting on them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexIsMyHero)
    I'm not sure yet! I'm still waiting on Bristol and I havent actually visited it yet! But it could well be my first choice when did you apply and Is it your first choice? I have an offer from Trevelyan college! it's all very exciting!! I hope you don't have to wait too long to find out!
    I applied back in november so i've been nervously waiting for a while! Oh cools! Was Trevelyan your first college choice?

Yeh Durham is my first choice although if I get an offer I want to see what they require - otherwise i might choose KCL as my firm. What course you did u apply for in Bristol? All mine are biomed except Durham :P

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.