The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4120
Original post by pianofluteftw
How long after getting the email about 'your allocated college will contact you shortly' did you have to wait? :smile:
(only got the offer yesterday but already impatient!) :smile:

It should show up under your useful links on AES before you get the letter so less waiting hopefully XD.

Which college did you apply to?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Ah wow! I can't swear to being normal in the broader sense of the term, although I know what you mean in this case :wink:
Thank you! :smile:

Oh yeah, forgot to say this yesterday but CONGRATZ on the offer! Is it likely to be your firm?
Reply 4122
Ah wow! I can't swear to being normal in the broader sense of the term, although I know what you mean in this case :wink:
Thank you! :smile:

Yeah, I don't think I can make much of a claim to normailty either... :wink:
Original post by Ultimate1
Oh yeah, forgot to say this yesterday but CONGRATZ on the offer! Is it likely to be your firm?

Thanks :smile: And YES literally as soon as i'm back in school I'm firming Durham and 'insurancing' Bristol :biggrin:
Good Luck to you, I'm sure you'll be great! :biggrin:
Original post by sanksta
Yeah, I don't think I can make much of a claim to normailty either... :wink:

University - not expecting to get in but IT'S A CASTLE!!! (and has orchestra + choir!) But I spent today looking through all the websites and I honestly think I'll be happy pretty much anywhere! :smile:
Original post by Hnk2401
It should show up under your useful links on AES before you get the letter so less waiting hopefully XD.

Ah Cool so hopefully soon :biggrin:
University ^ see above :wink:
I have an offer from Hild Bede :biggrin:
It'll probably be my firm too, so quite excited. A*AA, but I have the maths A* from last year so should be alright (I hope) :biggrin:
Well done to everyone who has offers from Durham (y)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4127
Ah Cool so hopefully soon :biggrin:
University ^ see above :wink:

Ah awesome! Well it would be quite a miracle for anyone to get into Castle at this stage!
I applied to St Aidan's because I had no idea which one to go for and turns out it's the reject college that no one applies to! oh well :P. But I'm insanely excited to (hopefully) be going there in October!
Sometimes I completely forget about Durham and then I see pictures like this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cdjt/193873807/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mark_fletcher/350969948/

And I cant wait!!!!
Original post by Dat_Ngyuen

And I cant wait!!!!

Seeing these pictures has made me want to get in even more (possible insurance)
Original post by Dat_Ngyuen

And I cant wait!!!!

the rowing photo is Durham from a new angle (for me), looks really good!
Reply 4131
How long after getting the email about 'your allocated college will contact you shortly' did you have to wait? :smile:
(only got the offer yesterday but already impatient!) :smile:

Congrats :biggrin:
Mine took about a week.. Which college did you apply to?
Hi guys! I'm not an official applicant yet but hopefully will be transferring to Durham this September. I think I like St Mary's College <3
Someone help? - UCAS says most unis aim to reply by 31st of March. I still haven't heard from Durham and am starting to get worried as desperately need to sort summer plans (long story). Does Durham reply by 31st of March? I applied for Arch and Anth in September and still haven't heard anything!
Rejected :frown: C'est la vie!
Original post by afbrennan
Someone help? - UCAS says most unis aim to reply by 31st of March. I still haven't heard from Durham and am starting to get worried as desperately need to sort summer plans (long story). Does Durham reply by 31st of March? I applied for Arch and Anth in September and still haven't heard anything!

I guess they take a while for arch; that's what I applied to as well.
Reply 4136
Original post by afbrennan

That's still over a month ahead though. In other words you have quite a while before you need to worry about them forgetting about you :wink:
Hey guys,

I just found out I got into Trevelyan college, which I'm really excited about. I was just wondering one thing. Do any of you guys know how easy it is and how long it takes to get from the normal campus to the Queen's campus in stockton? Because I was hoping to try-out for and join the first basketball team, and I know they train in the sports centre in Stockton.

Is it going to be a real hassle for me to travel back and forth to trainings and things? I notice on google earth stockton seems pretty far away.

Thanks guys :smile:
Original post by BermyHopeful

Original post by BermyHopeful
Hey guys,

I just found out I got into Trevelyan college, which I'm really excited about. I was just wondering one thing. Do any of you guys know how easy it is and how long it takes to get from the normal campus to the Queen's campus in stockton? Because I was hoping to try-out for and join the first basketball team, and I know they train in the sports centre in Stockton.

Is it going to be a real hassle for me to travel back and forth to trainings and things? I notice on google earth stockton seems pretty far away.

Thanks guys :smile:

You might want to post this on the Durham "Ask a Current Student" thread.
Rejection from Durham for geology. Pretty depressing considering they make offers to about 80% of applicants :emo: Oh well. They weren't my first choice anyways.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending