Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afbrennan)
    Someone help? - UCAS says most unis aim to reply by 31st of March. I still haven't heard from Durham and am starting to get worried as desperately need to sort summer plans (long story). Does Durham reply by 31st of March? I applied for Arch and Anth in September and still haven't heard anything!
    That's still over a month ahead though. In other words you have quite a while before you need to worry about them forgetting about you

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I just found out I got into Trevelyan college, which I'm really excited about. I was just wondering one thing. Do any of you guys know how easy it is and how long it takes to get from the normal campus to the Queen's campus in stockton? Because I was hoping to try-out for and join the first basketball team, and I know they train in the sports centre in Stockton.

Is it going to be a real hassle for me to travel back and forth to trainings and things? I notice on google earth stockton seems pretty far away.

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BermyHopeful)
    Hey guys,

I just found out I got into Trevelyan college, which I'm really excited about. I was just wondering one thing. Do any of you guys know how easy it is and how long it takes to get from the normal campus to the Queen's campus in stockton? Because I was hoping to try-out for and join the first basketball team, and I know they train in the sports centre in Stockton.

Is it going to be a real hassle for me to travel back and forth to trainings and things? I notice on google earth stockton seems pretty far away.

Thanks guys
    You might want to post this on the Durham "Ask a Current Student" thread.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Rejection from Durham for geology. Pretty depressing considering they make offers to about 80% of applicants :emo: Oh well. They weren't my first choice anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Finally got a rejection today for maths. Never mind, it was my 5th choice anyway.

ReputationRep:
    :bawling:Rejection today for Biology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dat_Ngyuen)
    Sometimes I completely forget about Durham and then I see pictures like this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cdjt/193873807/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mark_fletcher/350969948/

And I cant wait!!!!
    Holy crap, those are beautiful! I can't wait, either!

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I'm still waiting on history for Durham... I sent off my application on 11th October! Anyone else still waiting for history?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David_9537)
    I can't believe I'm still waiting on history for Durham... I sent off my application on 11th October! Anyone else still waiting for history?
    you should hear within the next couple of weeks as they give out all offers/rejections before the open day sleepovers on the 21st of march

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bensocks)
    you should hear within the next couple of weeks as they give out all offers/rejections before the open day sleepovers on the 21st of march
    Yeah I know, but everyday it seems like I'm more and more likely to get rejected

ReputationRep:
    The one I've been hoping and waiting for at-last an offer from Durham!

ReputationRep:
    Just got Durham left to hear from now. Please Durham, come on, gimme and offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dat_Ngyuen)
    Accounting and Finance I think.
    it surely is

ReputationRep:
    To all those waiting I am sure it won't be much longer now! They seem to be giving out the offers in heaps now, but I know how nerve wracking it can be, just a wee bit longer now.

Oh and btw the AES is rubbish: mine is still at" not received at department," and it seems many are the same. Don't bother checking it. All the best and hey thanks to whoever give me a thumbs up for my last post.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else holding an offer from Hild-Bede?

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer today, it says that one of the colleges will contact me with further information. How long time does that usually take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllyGreally93)
    anyone else holding an offer from Hild-Bede?
    Yup, got an offer to do Law at Hild Bede. I'm more than likely going to pick it as my firm choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schwurlie)
    I am (: I only found out today! Which open day are you going to?
    I'm not sure if I can go to an open day because I live in Northern Ireland so not sure if I can get over. :/ IF I can though, probably 22nd March!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martin the Viking)
    Got my offer today, it says that one of the colleges will contact me with further information. How long time does that usually take?
    3 weeks for me so far and nothing... But that probably also depends on where you applied (as in if you apply to the most over-applied, they need time to put you somewhere else, as I suspect they are doing with me ). Maybe it'll be quicker for you though. Grats on the offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jørgen)
    3 weeks for me so far and nothing... But that probably also depends on where you applied (as in if you apply to the most over-applied, they need time to put you somewhere else, as I suspect they are doing with me ). Maybe it'll be quicker for you though. Grats on the offer!
    Thanks! Are you norwegian too?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.