Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxonstilts)
    Go at your own peril!!! THERE IS ONLY DOOOOOM. DOOOM AND POTATOESSSSS.
    /waves wizard staff
    remember that the wand chooses the wizard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schwurlie)
    I am (: I only found out today! Which open day are you going to?
    I'm not sure if I'll get to an open day as I don't really have the money for the plane, trains etc as I'm from NI! Are you thinking of firming Durham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy124)
    Hi Sorry to invade your convo but saw you're applying for law and from NI, me too :P if you're looking for some pros and cons to QUB and Durham in comparison I can help as I've applied to both too so had to make a similar list recently x
    Haha it's no bother! If I'm honest I need all the help I can get! Everyday my family/friends are asking "so have you decided where you're going yet?" and I'm like "no! leave me alone! :P"

Are you firming Durham over QUB then? x

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I'm new to this thread.

I recently got rejected by and retracted from my UCAS application for the first round. I originally applied to Oxford for Human Sciences and my four other choices were for medicine. The latter of which was pretty much due to the fact that I have an extremely asian mother and she was so insistent on me applying to med school, haha she claimed she'd disown me.

I just looked through extra and was happy to find Natural Sciences being offered at Durham because that was actually my second choice after Oxford. I was wondering if anybody could tell me a little bit about Durham and the extra application process itself. Also, what colleges do you recommend? Questions are a tad vague but anything will do for now.

Thanks a bunch

ReputationRep:
    still waiting to hear about ppe applied in early october. also no reply yet from york.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileitschloe1)
    still waiting to hear about ppe applied in early october. also no reply yet from york.
    snap, still waiting on durham, although i got an offer from york a few months ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vms)
    Also, what colleges do you recommend? Questions are a tad vague but anything will do for now.

Thanks a bunch
    Hey, firstly, if like me you want self-catered then at Durham it narrows your options majorly! I went for Josephine Butler and I think there was only one other to chose from for undergrad.
    I you don't then another consideration is whether you're open to sharing a room, I think (I might be wrong) that most of the rooms in the Castle are shared.
    I'd advise a good nosey round the ones you're interested in, on an open day we stayed in Grey and it was okay - the food was good, I was put off because it was really dark in there. It suprised me how far some of the accomodation is from the subject blocks and library etc - I'd have definately needed a bike if I went there!
    Appologies for a bit of a vague answer to your vague question!

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting to hear for maths (G100).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SashaBelleJ)
    Still waiting to hear for maths (G100).
    Same

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone tell me what St. Aiden's is like please? I never hear anyone talking about it?
    Off to the open evening in March.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Same
    Feeling more and more like I want to withdraw, if only to complete my column in Track..

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but at least it means there is still a shot. I would rather wait a bit longer than feel like I have been tossed straight into the reject pile

ReputationRep:
    Just rejected by Durham for PPE

Thought that i'd give others that are waiting a warning. Not sure whether all the rejections come together, maybe if you don't get one soon then you will be okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gawge)

Thought that i'd give others that are waiting a warning. Not sure whether all the rejections come together, maybe if you don't get one soon then you will be okay?
    Just got one too for PPE! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SashaBelleJ)
    Feeling more and more like I want to withdraw, if only to complete my column in Track..
    Where else have you got offers from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SD18)
    Unlucky. Where else are you applying for?

I have an offer from Lancaster which I wouldn't be too upset to go to, should get the ABB fairly comfortably as well.

Still waiting on York. Doesn't look good though because of the rejection from Durham and Manchester.

Also have an offer from Sheffield for Econ&Phil but not going to be going there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wit-tank)
    Sorry mate.
    I'm soon to join you I feel. Do you have any other PPE offers? Do you mind if I ask what college?
    I applied for mathematics to St. John's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SD18)
    Same... It kind of sucks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gawge)

Rejection also :L 3 rejections now (Oxford and UCL also), 1 offer (York) and still waiting on Warwick. Not too excited about York but really should be.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Do you think if I get my results next week and haven't heard from Durham by then (next Thursday) telling them could possibly make them give me an offer?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.