Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Where else have you got offers from?
    Cambridge, Lancaster, Bath and Bristol. All the three year course.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SashaBelleJ)
    Cambridge, Lancaster, Bath and Bristol. All the three year course.

How about you?
    Cambridge? Bristol? Bath? Lancaster? They're all awesome offers! Well done! :awesome: I've got offers from UCL, Bath and Warwick (For MORSE) and just waiting on Durham. If you don't mind me asking, what were your UMS scores?

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge? Bristol? Bath? Lancaster? They're all awesome offers! Well done! :awesome: I've got offers from UCL, Bath and Warwick (For MORSE) and just waiting on Durham. If you don't mind me asking, what were your UMS scores?
    Oo, the MORSE course looked really good.

Urm, C1 - 99, C2 - 91, S1 - 91, S2 - 89, M1 - 85, FP1 - 100.

That M1 exam, I swear the only exam I've ever left feeling like I could have failed. Not sure how I managed to still get an A!

ReputationRep:
    Oo, the MORSE course looked really good.

Urm, C1 - 99, C2 - 91, S1 - 91, S2 - 89, M1 - 85, FP1 - 100.

That M1 exam, I swear the only exam I've ever left feeling like I could have failed. Not sure how I managed to still get an A!
    Awesome module scores! You should definately get an offer!!! Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Awesome module scores! You should definately get an offer!!! Good Luck!
    That's not how it often works out though. I'd like to have Durham as my insurance, but I know several people with Oxbridge offers, and Durham rejections... Not for maths, but still.

ReputationRep:
    That's not how it often works out though. I'd like to have Durham as my insurance, but I know several people with Oxbridge offers, and Durham rejections... Not for maths, but still.
    That's right two students who have offers from Oxbridge, got rejects from Durham on Friday.

ReputationRep:
    International relations at st.cuthberts
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well off to bed and hopefully good news on the way :please:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silent-Varjoisa)
    That's right two students who have offers from Oxbridge, got rejects from Durham on Friday.
    There'll be many more with Oxbridge offers and UCL/Nottingham/Warwick/St Andrews/Edinburgh/Imperial rejections.... Durham (and most of those unis) don't interview so have to go on your ucas form, Oxbridge have the chance to meet you - so it's not surprising that the unis pick different people!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else still waiting for response for natural sciences? I fear they will reject me ;/ In January I participated in two Olympiads and in one I took 2nd place and in other 4th place. Do you think I should inform university about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    There'll be many more with Oxbridge offers and UCL/Nottingham/Warwick/St Andrews/Edinburgh/Imperial rejections.... Durham (and most of those unis) don't interview so have to go on your ucas form, Oxbridge have the chance to meet you - so it's not surprising that the unis pick different people!
    That's true. I know someone with an UNCONDITIONAL offer from Oxford (doesn't even have to finish her A levels, they liked her so much) but got rejected from Durham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itareldie)
    Congratulations!
    I'm STILL waiting.....
    Thanks! Good luck, I hope you get an offer too!! Our UCAS look pretty similar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayteeKaytee)
    That's true. I know someone with an UNCONDITIONAL offer from Oxford (doesn't even have to finish her A levels, they liked her so much) but got rejected from Durham
    If it's an unconditional offer than they almost certainly loved her at interview - and obviously Durham admissions tutors wouldn't get to actually talk to her in an interview.

ReputationRep:
    st andrews or durham dfodfioperpousjklbdero

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for English Lit at Van Mildert. No idea why I picked Mildert, but Durham's my first choice Open day in 3 weeks or something..

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I'm new on here!
    I received an email almost 3 weeks ago, where they said that they ''should be able to make me an offer (Physics), which would be conditional on ...etc etc'' and that they would send me details and hope that I'll accept their offer. The problem is that I haven't heard anything else since that email, not even through UCAS... should I worry or just wait a little longer?
    Anyone in this same boat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gawge)
    Unlucky. Where else are you applying for?

I have an offer from Lancaster which I wouldn't be too upset to go to, should get the ABB fairly comfortably as well.

Still waiting on York. Doesn't look good though because of the rejection from Durham and Manchester.

Also have an offer from Sheffield for Econ&Phil but not going to be going there.
    At least you have an offer from Lancaster, I am still waiting. I have an offer from Hull, for PPE. SOAS is probably my first choice because it is the closest to me. However, I must say that Lancaster would give me a lot to consider, if they gave me an offer, seeing that their PPE seems tailor made for international trade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XShmalX)
    Thanks! Good luck, I hope you get an offer too!! Our UCAS look pretty similar
    Yeah which college did you apply for? And... if you don't mind me asking, why did you withdraw Oxford after interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itareldie)
    Yeah which college did you apply for? And... if you don't mind me asking, why did you withdraw Oxford after interview?
    I withdraw after getting rejected by Brasenose but before it came through on UCAS... which did u apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed my AES finally updated to show a link to St. Hild & St. Bede. I have no idea whatsoever about that college... (I was living in the false hope of getting into Castle up until right now, 5 minutes ago ). Anything in particular I should know about that place?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.