Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    STILL waiting.......... Come on Durham. please Please PLEASE! :please:

Congratulations to those who have offers!

ReputationRep:
    anyone put durham as there firm, im personally at st cuthburts, i have not decided what food option i should have and wether or not i am fine with sharing rooms. The way i have it worked out at the moment is a catered room because i like to eat a lot, but that only leaves me 50 pound a week spending money, and i like to party, so i dont believe this to be enough. Anyone here want to talk about any of those issues?

ReputationRep:
    I firmed Durham at St.Chad's. I thought about doing catered, but my first year as an undergrad here I was catered and didn't eat enough, and ended up losing money (it was required). I don't eat a lot and eat cheaply, so I went with self-catered. I certainly don't eat three meals a day.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for Combined Social Science today. Thanks Durham, make me wait five months for a rejection. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    heard anything yet ? x
    got my rejection yesterday pretty gutted, I've requested feedback but I'm sure its my LNAT (which was terrible to be honest)

Still waiting for Warwick, but I think I like Exeter more- I know its not as reputable as Warwick, but it looks great (going to post offer day next week)

Good luck, I hope you enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer for the ma in management at durham, but today i got an offer from sussex as well for the msc int management. what is the better choice?

ReputationRep:
    I got my rejection for PPE last Monday.
    Good luck to everybody else.

ReputationRep:
    got rejected for combined social sciences today, sad times but slightly relieved as it makes my choice a lot easier!! UCAS Track says 'Regrettably, we have not been able to make you an offer, and will be contacting you shortly to
    provide further information regarding our decision.'

do you think they actually will contact me and give me a reason or would i have to email? just curious to know why...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louise09)
    got rejected for combined social sciences today, sad times but slightly relieved as it makes my choice a lot easier!! UCAS Track says 'Regrettably, we have not been able to make you an offer, and will be contacting you shortly to
    provide further information regarding our decision.'

do you think they actually will contact me and give me a reason or would i have to email? just curious to know why...!
    yep,they do contact with an email, but it just says

we regret we could not make you an an offer........every year we have many excelent applicants.....blah blah blah if you want more infomation please view our pages for declined applications wich has a few reason why you might have been rejected and says you can contact them for more detail if you like.

had the identical email twice in the past 2 yrs and it seems likley i will be getting it a 3rd time

thats pretty much the email in a nut shell. so yep best to contact them if you want the real reason.
    Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Anthropology (L602) with Trevs as my college, and according to the AES system the admission department received my application on the 9th of November yet i still haven't heard anything back.

I called the Anthropology department earlier this week and a very nice lady on the phone told me the reason I hadn't heard was because my application was still with the admission department, but that the University hadn't told them the quotas so they couldn't give out offers- yet clearly they have been doing so looking at this thread!

Any ideas?

I've got an offer for Biological Anthropology at the Stockton campus (which came through months ago) and am predicted A*A*AA, not really sure where i stand...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barwe)
    I applied for Anthropology (L602) with Trevs as my college, and according to the AES system the admission department received my application on the 9th of November yet i still haven't heard anything back.

I called the Anthropology department earlier this week and a very nice lady on the phone told me the reason I hadn't heard was because my application was still with the admission department, but that the University hadn't told them the quotas so they couldn't give out offers- yet clearly they have been doing so looking at this thread!

Any ideas?

I've got an offer for Biological Anthropology at the Stockton campus (which came through months ago) and am predicted A*A*AA, not really sure where i stand...
    Im in exactly the same boat but with anthopology and sociology. lots of people say the anthropology department takes ages and ages to decide and looking at the thread it looks like the offers and rejections are coming out in batchs according to subject so I think there is still hope . I don't think we should be waiting to much longer ( I hope). wit the qoutas maybe they don't know the full quota yet so they just gave out a few and now are waiting to see how many more they can give.

Good luck! Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Also got a rejection from Combined Social Science today. Kinda down because I know I was above the entry requirements, must not have liked my PS? ):

ReputationRep:
    Submitted my UCAS Extra app for Natural Sciences yesterday! And now the waiting begins...

ReputationRep:
    And I went for Univ college yaaay

ReputationRep:
    Offer for history! Its got conditional on UCAS but I haven't been allocated a college yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by history geek)
    Im in exactly the same boat but with anthopology and sociology. lots of people say the anthropology department takes ages and ages to decide and looking at the thread it looks like the offers and rejections are coming out in batchs according to subject so I think there is still hope . I don't think we should be waiting to much longer ( I hope). wit the qoutas maybe they don't know the full quota yet so they just gave out a few and now are waiting to see how many more they can give.

Good luck! Hope that helps
    I think so. I got a rejection for Anhropology two days ago, but Durham has referred me to Biological Anthropology at Stockton, asking if I would consider the option. Guess I do not completely suck then

ReputationRep:
    Is it necessary to pre-order train tickets in the UK if I need to go from Newcastle Airport to Durham and back, or should it not be a problem to buy tickets when there (and do they sell tickets on the train, or on the station only)?

ReputationRep:
    why are the taking ages please reply to me physics applicant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seentje)
    I think so. I got a rejection for Anhropology two days ago, but Durham has referred me to Biological Anthropology at Stockton, asking if I would consider the option. Guess I do not completely suck then
    congratulations on the referal!

do you think you will go for that course then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by history geek)
    congratulations on the referal!

do you think you will go for that course then?
    Well, I haven't got it yet, they can still reject me. I don't know honestly, based on the course, I think I am going to go for the Arch and Anth one at Manchester, since my heart's in socio-cultural anthropology. However if I do get an offer it will be a tough choice. I really like Durham's atmosphere, at both Durham city and Stockton. Manchester is more of a factory to me. I still have time though, fingers crossed:crossedf:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.