Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What does Track say? They will have it by now, so I would just write an email or call and ask, its been more than a month since you sent it. I don't think you appear pushy when you kindly ask them.

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Business Economics.
    I just checked my AES after a couple of days' gap and it says my application has been received by a College!!! (but that a final decision has not been made)
    This is a good sign, right? I know it's not a guaranteed offer, but still!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaHelene)
    What does Track say? They will have it by now, so I would just write an email or call and ask, its been more than a month since you sent it. I don't think you appear pushy when you kindly ask them.
    Track says nothing. I've sent them an email cos I was too wimpy to actually phone up xD

ReputationRep:
    ^^ I think I would have done the same. toi toi toi You will surely get an answer next week though personally I think it is a bit frustrating to get acess to AES because I check there way to often and nothing changes. XD

ReputationRep:
    I must check track about 3 times a day and AES more It's killing me inside!
    Applied for Geology, they say it takes two weeks for that department to make a decision :-0, thats pretty quick! Anyone else for Chads on here?!? Feel I applied a little late, I got an acknowledgement last week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocks:))
    Applied for Geology, they say it takes two weeks for that department to make a decision :-0, thats pretty quick! Anyone else for Chads on here?!? Feel I applied a little late, I got an acknowledgement last week.
    Firstly, let me tell you, you don't need to check Track daily.
    If it updates, you get a nice little e-mail from UCAS, so if anything, look in your inbox daily.

Secondly, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Oh....Thats good, I'll just keep my e-mail open God damn this waiting! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to St Chad's :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    Firstly, let me tell you, you don't need to check Track daily.
    Much easier said than done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    Much easier said than done.
    Checking track quite literally, is a waste of your time. If you don't get an e-mail, nothing has changed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    Checking track quite literally, is a waste of your time. If you don't get an e-mail, nothing has changed.
    I agree 100%. It's just hard to not to check it a few times a day.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I've applied for Geology aswell, well Geoscience actually but same department and yes, when the AES says your app has been received by the department, it will be 2 weeks for them to make a decision. My app took a 9 days from being received by the department to being passed onto college , I've applied for St Mary's, really hope they accept me

ReputationRep:
    Woo for the Geologists!....I need to start growing a beard - I've heard thats the only way to succeed in the profession
    Well done with the application - you're pretty much assured a place then if you've gone to college! Nice Durham is my dream place.....
    Banning myself from track untill monday night, whats the point in checking on a weekend? Surely they don't sort them now! Thinking about this waaaay too much.

ReputationRep:
    I think we should make a emails anonymous group as I seem to be checking my emails in excess of twenty times a day and I am beginning to think I'm slightly addicted! I now have my emails sent straight to my phone so whenever it vibrates, my heart leaps because I think it is the universities! Cannot wait till this is all over and I am finally at Uni! (if I get in)

ReputationRep:
    Guys, so you think I will be at a disadvantage sending my ucas off in a week or two? It's all ready, just the school may take a while Will they look down on that do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehhh.....hi.)
    Guys, so you think I will be at a disadvantage sending my ucas off in a week or two? It's all ready, just the school may take a while Will they look down on that do you think?
    They're obliged to give fair consideration to all applications recieved before the January 15th UCAS deadline...so no.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, lol I am neither a Geology applicant, nor am I applying to Chads, but I just wanted to ask you how you knew that the Geology department takes two weeks to make a decision? Any where I can find such statistics for my department (Business Economics). I actually just recently checked AES and my application has been received by a college, which I take as a good sign. How much longer do I have to wait now for a final decision?!

ReputationRep:
    They told us at the department open day. If you've been received by a college it's all good news, just be wary, AES can be misleading.

ReputationRep:
    you know how you have 14 days after sending off UCAS to edit/change university choices ? Think It will be possible to change colleges for durham especially if it hasn't been accepted by department ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crimsonchilli)
    you know how you have 14 days after sending off UCAS to edit/change university choices ? Think It will be possible to change colleges for durham especially if it hasn't been accepted by department ?
    That's what I want to know too! I applied open but want to apply to university college. I wonder if they'll think less of me by changing it's too late now too reconsider since vie already emailed them to ask. Would you like to know what they say? My application has only been received by the department.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.