Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from the physics department yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayTeeKay)
    A guy who applied for Physics at my school got an offer just the other day, shouldn't be too long now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_u_t_h)
    A guy who applied for Physics at my school got an offer just the other day, shouldn't be too long now!
    Do you mind if I ask how strong he is academically? I'm already convinced Durham will reject me.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mind if I ask how strong he is academically? I'm already convinced Durham will reject me.
    Likewise for Physics, I'm suprised I have lasted this long ! I'll be pretty annoyed with a rejection now wish they could of done it ages ago !

ReputationRep:
    Well it's Scottish qualifications so I'm not sure how useful they'll be to you lol but anyway... He has 5 A's at Higher and I think all 1s at Standard Grade too.

ReputationRep:
    No..if they gave me a rejection after waiting this long. I will join the Al Qaieda to bomb them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil1541)
    Likewise for Physics, I'm suprised I have lasted this long ! I'll be pretty annoyed with a rejection now wish they could of done it ages ago !
    I'll go on a rampage if my grades let me down -four marks off having an A at AS!!
    I've already been rejected by St. Andrews so I'm not filled with confidence. I have my Warwick offer though, so I wont be gutted.
    From what I understand, Durham is a small department with a lot of applicants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meron)
    No..if they gave me a rejection after waiting this long. I will join the Al Qaieda to bomb them
    I may defecate in an envelope and post it to them. It's annoying me quite a bit. too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Haha bless our wallowing ways :rolleyes:

Unsure, I got an offer from UCL which hasn't be confirmed yet but probably will be A*AA. I think I prefer UCL to Durham (haven't visited Durham yet) but that A* is rather ominous so I'll see how Jan results go.

What about you?
    Aaaah congrats! For me it's most definitely Durham as I don't think I can handle the hustle and bustle of London haha! It all really depends on the grades I get actually, but they haven't sent me my conditions yet so for now I shall just wait optimistically

ReputationRep:
    ma management anyone???

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling! I was lucky enough to get an offer just over a week ago, but that's having waited 5 months! It's frustrating but offers should be coming out faster now!

There are a couple of others on here who got offers in January too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by vms)
    Aaaah congrats! For me it's most definitely Durham as I don't think I can handle the hustle and bustle of London haha! It all really depends on the grades I get actually, but they haven't sent me my conditions yet so for now I shall just wait optimistically
    Well done btw

Where else have you applied to through extra?

ReputationRep:
    Well done btw

Where else have you applied to through extra?
    Thank you! You can only apply for Extra one at a time and Durham's going to be my firm
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by vms)
    Thank you! You can only apply for Extra one at a time and Durham's going to be my firm
    Ah I see Which college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see Which college did you apply to?
    Castle/Univ which is essentially an open application :rolleyes: sigh silly silly me, I should've picked Hatfield. Fingers-crossed though! I also quite like the look of Chad's and Cuth's
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by vms)
    Castle/Univ which is essentially an open application :rolleyes: sigh silly silly me, I should've picked Hatfield. Fingers-crossed though! I also quite like the look of Chad's and Cuth's
    Castle looks epic :P I applied there and got sent to Cuths which I'm very pleased about as I wanted a bailey college <3

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone does anyone else here have an offer from Van Mildert? I have one for French and English (via the combined honours in arts course) and I'm thinking it'll probably be my firm although I'm not quite 100% yet. If anyone's visited mildert I'd like to hear some opinions

ReputationRep:
    Castle looks epic :P I applied there and got sent to Cuths which I'm very pleased about as I wanted a bailey college <3
    Ooooo lucky you!! It's going to be ages before I find out which college I have been allocated to because my application hasn't even been processed yet The director of NatSci just took a look at it and emailed me unofficially. Aaaah back to the good old days of waiting for news :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Folie)
    Hi everyone does anyone else here have an offer from Van Mildert? I have one for French and English (via the combined honours in arts course) and I'm thinking it'll probably be my firm although I'm not quite 100% yet. If anyone's visited mildert I'd like to hear some opinions
    Type in van mildert open day 2010 on youtube. There's a video which basically takes you around the campus in a rather fun and creative way. It looks like such an awesome college!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by vms)
    Ooooo lucky you!! It's going to be ages before I find out which college I have been allocated to because my application hasn't even been processed yet The director of NatSci just took a look at it and emailed me unofficially. Aaaah back to the good old days of waiting for news :rolleyes:
    You got an offer in 2 days right? You must have really impressed them!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.