Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rvp-fan1)
    DC, as in Washington DC? bloody hell that's far!
    are any of your other friends applying to british unis?
    Yeahh it's quite far away, but I love it here
    Yeah well I go to a british international school, so quite a few actually, as many of them are here with the embassy, world bank, exxon mobile etc. and are going back home next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vms)
    Hi what was your IB offer and what did you apply for??
    Congrats on getting into castle by the way! I applied there too. What did you include in your ps?
    My offer was a 36 and a 6 in french with the full diploma, so relatively low I was lucky. I've applied for the modern languages course to do French, Spanish and Russian.

Thanks I hope you get it, it seems lovely. In my PS I talked about what has made me want to study languages (a few examples, mostly to do with growing up in DC and going to an international school and a bit about my family background as well as an immersion programme I signed up for back in the days when I was failing my french GCSE haha). Then I talked specifically about French, what I have enjoyed learning and what I'm keen to learn and talked about the same with Russian. I also talked about my extracurricular stuff which was mostly my sailing and being head girl. Then I wrapped it up with what I wanted to accomplish as an undergraduate.

What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received an offer from the Management Department?

ReputationRep:
    application recieved by college.... (suspense is really killing me now)

ReputationRep:
    anyone still waiting for history?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camilla-)
    Has anyone received an offer from the Management Department?
    hey
    i got an offer for MA management

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damamat)
    anyone still waiting for history?
    YES!! my application has been at the history department for 5 months now, i just want to hear something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by history geek)
    Anyone heard from anthropology and sociology recently? still waiting .........
    Yehh im still waiting...handed my application in in October aswell!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil1541)
    Yours are definetly better than mine, I got ABBB for AS (no further maths either )

Predicted AAAB by teachers however I feel I'm capable of A*AAB or A*A*AB

I think they must of liked my PS as I made it this far with not the best AS grades, what are your grades like?
    I told you so! Got my rejection today. Warwick it is!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayTeeKay)
    Ah that sucks man sorry to hear

Seems like durham were really over suscribed this year.... oh well Warwick's a brilliant uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayTeeKay)
    Aw I'm sorry But good luck in the future!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianofluteftw)
    Aw I'm sorry But good luck in the future!
    Cheers. I'm not too bothered. The guy at Warwick said that physics courses are pretty much the same at all the top 20 unis. The only thing that makes a difference is if you're happy studying there. I'm happy with York and Warwick as my choices. I was obviously just too good for Durham

Good luck to you too!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Rejected today

However, up yours Durham!!!! I got Cambridge!

Haters gunna hate
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    Rejected today

Swap?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected today

Ah bad luck, man. But as you say you've still got Cambz! Which is simply awesome!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Ah bad luck, man. But as you say you've still got Cambz! Which is simply awesome!
    Just noticed, your Warwick offer is reduced right? Congrats!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Well Done on Warwick and Bath Offer BTW :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.L.Welsh)
    Yehh im still waiting...handed my application in in October aswell!!!
    same!!! I fear a rejection good luck with your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Just noticed, your Warwick offer is reduced right? Congrats!
    Well yeah it is reduced. The ''typical'' offer apparently is A*AAa and I got A*AA! Thanks!
    Well Done on Warwick and Bath Offer BTW :woo:
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playxsailxliv)
    My offer was a 36 and a 6 in french with the full diploma, so relatively low I was lucky. I've applied for the modern languages course to do French, Spanish and Russian.

Thanks I hope you get it, it seems lovely. In my PS I talked about what has made me want to study languages (a few examples, mostly to do with growing up in DC and going to an international school and a bit about my family background as well as an immersion programme I signed up for back in the days when I was failing my french GCSE haha). Then I talked specifically about French, what I have enjoyed learning and what I'm keen to learn and talked about the same with Russian. I also talked about my extracurricular stuff which was mostly my sailing and being head girl. Then I wrapped it up with what I wanted to accomplish as an undergraduate.

What have you applied for?
    Wowwwww that's a really good offer! I haven't received mine yet but I'm assuming it'll be around 37 with a 7 in Biology. I applied for Natural Sciences

I really want to get into castle but I have a slight problem with my PS. I'm applying through extra so my new personal statement was very straightforward and only explained why I chose NatSci. Hopefully they see my old PS as welll eeeek.

Thanks for your help

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.