Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MilaneseCat)
    Hey, everyone!

Just popping in to say 'hi!' I have an unconditional offer from Durham to study economics.
    Additionally, I'm originally from the States. Still waiting on offers.

Do you think Durham will be your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else going to the St.Mary's open day from 22nd-23rd March?

ReputationRep:
    Three weeks after getting an offer from Durham, I've finally been allocated St Aidan's College.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silent-Varjoisa)
    Three weeks after getting an offer from Durham, I've finally been allocated St Aidan's College.
    Same here for Archaeology are you going to the open day? i'm going on the 23rd but not staying over the night before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    Haha, snap.. Or at least that what I thought, until I turned 18 last week and no one's ID'd me since, so apparently I'm not as baby-faced as I thought What time are you getting there?
    I thought it'd be a night of chess, but looks like it's going to be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    Do you think Durham will be your first choice?
    It depends. I have unconditional offers to study economics from UCL, SOAS, and Durham. If LSE rejects me, I'm not sure which I'll choose.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whisky Chaser)
    Same here for Archaeology are you going to the open day? i'm going on the 23rd but not staying over the night before
    Oh I am not sure yet it depends on my parents and the school. They don't actually let us go to open days! But I doubt they'd enforce that and I really want to see the department and college, yet just had a look at the prices for a flight there cheapest so far is £250! And I have to travel to get the airport in my country as well... ughhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silent-Varjoisa)
    Oh I am not sure yet it depends on my parents and the school. They don't actually let us go to open days! But I doubt they'd enforce that and I really want to see the department and college, yet just had a look at the prices for a flight there cheapest so far is £250! And I have to travel to get the airport in my country as well... ughhhh
    ouch, that's a lot of money for just one day. If you can't make it i can let you know what i think of it but obviously different things will appeal to us i'm sure. But have a think, if there's anything majorly important that will sway your decision either way, let me know and i'll keep my eye out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whisky Chaser)
    ouch, that's a lot of money for just one day. If you can't make it i can let you know what i think of it but obviously different things will appeal to us i'm sure. But have a think, if there's anything majorly important that will sway your decision either way, let me know and i'll keep my eye out
    Thanks! I hope you enjoy it and I might be able to get there anyway. I am thinking of getting a ferry over to Scotland and then a bus down there, but then it's a lot of effort for one day; although maybe I could visit in Easter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    Haha, snap.. Or at least that what I thought, until I turned 18 last week and no one's ID'd me since, so apparently I'm not as baby-faced as I thought What time are you getting there?
    About half 2.. how about you?
    I hope I'm not going to be the only one there at that time.

(Original post by Becadi)
    :lol:
    I guess you're going to Grey too
    What subject have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schnecke)
    I guess you're going to Grey too
    What subject have you applied for?
    I've applied for Geology
    you?

ReputationRep:
    I wanna know my college .. . Come on, tell me, tell me. Is it Johnny or Stevie :crazy:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I think there's an option of staying in college or going out, not sure what I'd pick as I don't do well on an 8am start with a hangover What about you? Hi, by the way, assuming you're going to Grey too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schnecke)
    About half 2.. how about you?
    I hope I'm not going to be the only one there at that time.
    My train gets in at 3.30, should be there by 4.. If you meet anyone called Eve, it's probably me I'm sure you won't be alone by 2.30, should be plenty of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MilaneseCat)
    It depends. I have unconditional offers to study economics from UCL, SOAS, and Durham. If LSE rejects me, I'm not sure which I'll choose.

What about you?
    Ye, pick which is your favourite. UCL and Durham are a LOT different, not sure about SOAS, apart from UCL and Durham have better reputations. and UCL has a better international reputation and Durham are climbing the international ranks, while in some cases have a higher national reputation than Durham. Durham is quite an old town while UCL is in the middle of the huge city of London.
    Durham will be my first choice, I decided against applying to UCL as I didn't like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    Haha, I think there's an option of staying in college or going out, not sure what I'd pick as I don't do well on an 8am start with a hangover What about you? Hi, by the way, assuming you're going to Grey too?
    I am indeed, but definitely choosing the night out!
    Sounds like it'll be worth feeling a bit rough in the morning :P

ReputationRep:
    I am indeed, but definitely choosing the night out!
    Sounds like it'll be worth feeling a bit rough in the morning :P
    That's what I always think - and then I always feel differently in the morning What subject? I'm history

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    That's what I always think - and then I always feel differently in the morning What subject? I'm history
    Geology
    I think it'll be a great opp to see what it's like at night, because i've heard it can be a bit quiet :/

ReputationRep:
    Geology
    I think it'll be a great opp to see what it's like at night, because i've heard it can be a bit quiet :/
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Someone I know who goes there now was saying don't believe that though, because it's basically a student town which means you get cheap nights out every day of the week - obviously more quiet than massive cities like London (which is where I live now) but not boring. And to be honest I can't wait to get out of a big city

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Geology
    you?
    Maths :cool:
    21/22 open day ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.