Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silent-Varjoisa)
    That's right
    I had a look at the flights a couple weeks ago and was shocked how cheap you could get ones from Belfast to Newcastle, about £50, but only if you book really far in advance! And I only found out last night I could go to the open-day, and even leaving the price aside which is hard to do XD the times don't match up I don't mind waiting or leaving early but I'd hate to be late.

But yh N.I can be real bugger I hate watching T.v and hearing about all these great deals, and then the predictable "Does not apply to Northern Ireland."
    That is really annoying but at least the flights aren't too long, only about 35mins i think What college are you heading to? Haha i know, especially for insurance-*Exludes NI, raging

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I received an offer for Law on 2nd March and on the letter on Track it said I would be contacted shortly by the college I have been allocated to. I still haven't received any further information and am worried since the open days are next week! I checked on AES and under the college link it said St. Aidans- does this mean I have been allocated there?

Does anyone know exactly who I can contact to gain information on when my open day is and which college I've been put in etc?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy124)
    That is really annoying but at least the flights aren't too long, only about 35mins i think What college are you heading to? Haha i know, especially for insurance-*Exludes NI, raging
    St Adian's college for me, how about you? Yh you're right I guess we have it easy compared to other overseas students. I met this girl at a UCL open day who'd flown from Korea just for the open day, 12 hour flight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaySomething)
    Hey guys. I received an offer for Law on 2nd March and on the letter on Track it said I would be contacted shortly by the college I have been allocated to. I still haven't received any further information and am worried since the open days are next week! I checked on AES and under the college link it said St. Aidans- does this mean I have been allocated there?

Does anyone know exactly who I can contact to gain information on when my open day is and which college I've been put in etc?
    Thanks.
    I think that means you've been allocated there
    You could call general durham admissions or even admissions for st aidan's in particular?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone looking forward to the Open days?
    Particularly St Aidan's or Physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianofluteftw)
    Yes I am. Looking forward to the Physics open day on tuesday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffanie)
    I'm law at Josephine Butler staying at Collingwood though apparently
    RE the open days, as far as I know... haha.
    I chose to have my Butler open day on the 21st and my law open day on the 22nd, so I assume it's the same for you but with a day afterwards?
    What have other people said? Confuzzling me, eek.
    Hi, im Law at JB too and I'm going to the open day on Monday (21st) - Just wondering how you know you're staying at Collingwood? I'm starting to panic because they sent me an email today with just timings for the Monday but haven't let me know where I'm staying and I got my offer months ago and teh money for the night have been cashed by them... Scared now lol xx

ReputationRep:
    St Aidan's open day for geography so excited!!!
    I'm going for the 22nd/23rd. When are you there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwilliamsbr1)
    Hi, im Law at JB too and I'm going to the open day on Monday (21st) - Just wondering how you know you're staying at Collingwood? I'm starting to panic because they sent me an email today with just timings for the Monday but haven't let me know where I'm staying and I got my offer months ago and teh money for the night have been cashed by them... Scared now lol xx
    They emailed me in early February, and then sent another revised email in early March saying where I would be staying and eating etc. Did they email you before today? Maybe ring the JB admissions secretaries to check? The email also mentioned red and yellow clothing for the night and I have no idea what to wear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffanie)
    They emailed me in early February, and then sent another revised email in early March saying where I would be staying and eating etc. Did they email you before today? Maybe ring the JB admissions secretaries to check? The email also mentioned red and yellow clothing for the night and I have no idea what to wear
    Crap.. No they didn't email me, but I think they only received it early March so maybe that's why... I'm going to ring up Monday morning before I leave.
    Thanks for the tip-off about the red and yellow clothing!! x Hopefully I'll meet you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwilliamsbr1)
    Crap.. No they didn't email me, but I think they only received it early March so maybe that's why... I'm going to ring up Monday morning before I leave.
    Thanks for the tip-off about the red and yellow clothing!! x Hopefully I'll meet you there!
    Ahh right, that might be it. I'll PM you the message they sent me, just in case they put something on there that you need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watchthis)
    Yes I am. Looking forward to the Physics open day on tuesday!
    Ah I'm there for the Wed one Should be good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hnk2401)
    St Aidan's open day for geography so excited!!!
    I'm going for the 22nd/23rd. When are you there?
    Yeah 22nd/ 23rd! I really can't wait to see what's going on and what it's like as I've heard little about it really!

ReputationRep:
    Sigh, I have no idea how I am going to visit. Durham still hasn't stated my college yet, and I have a lack of time. (exams in 13 days, and then the massive 'all you have ever done for the past three years' exam in may).. There is so little time in between

ReputationRep:
    still haven't heard back from the college yet either and I received my offer some time ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vms)
    still haven't heard back from the college yet either and I received my offer some time ago
    yeah, I remember, I think about two days before me or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vms)
    Mine took about 2 weeks for the letter to come (for Physics), but appeared on AES under useful links first after about 9 days. Where did you apply to anyway? (college- wise)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silent-Varjoisa)
    St Adian's college for me, how about you? Yh you're right I guess we have it easy compared to other overseas students. I met this girl at a UCL open day who'd flown from Korea just for the open day, 12 hour flight!
    Nice, I don't know much about St Aidans, is it on the bailey or hill? I'm at St Johns for law What school are you at? (in a non-creepy way )

ReputationRep:
    Mine took about 2 weeks for the letter to come (for Physics), but appeared on AES under useful links first after about 9 days. Where did you apply to anyway? (college- wise)
    hmm.. my useful links says: - John snow college
    - colleges

Does that mean I got into John snow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy124)
    Nice, I don't know much about St Aidans, is it on the bailey or hill? I'm at St Johns for law What school are you at? (in a non-creepy way )
    St Aidan's college is on the hill which explains there chess motto "A Step Above the Rest," ughhhhhh.

St John's looks great! I love the architecture.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.