Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Geoscience at St Mary's - AAB! arrrghhh! I really didn't expect to get an offer from Durham, especially with my GCSEs, applied just as a very far reach hopeful! Can't believe it!

ReputationRep:
    I know I've posted in the other forum (to avoid my previous error) but some users may find this vaguely informative:

Q300 (English), offer - AAA, St Mary's college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmiB)
    Why is this?
    I wish I knew.

ReputationRep:
    Not meaning to be annoying but has anyone got offers yet? If so, how soon after sending off UCAS did it come? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TylerA)
    I know I've posted in the other forum (to avoid my previous error) but some users may find this vaguely informative:

Hey-just wondering, how soon after sending off UCAS did it come? I'm also applying for English...:five:

ReputationRep:

Wow well done I'm still waiting for the elusive College part, if it ever comes

ReputationRep:
    An offer came through for me today - I need an AAB.
    I am applying for Geophysics with Geology at Gray.

ReputationRep:
    Modern Languages at University

Wow congratulations to everyone with offers!! Extremely jealous .. my college only sent my UCAS off on October 15th, any idea when I should hear back anyone? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The fact that the offers are starting to roll in has made me even MORE obsessive about checking track!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bun)
    Hi - nice to see another linguist! haha - not a stupid question at all, it took me ages to figur eout what to do. In the end, I noticed that it say to add te abbreviated forms of the languages in the Further details. So for you it would be Fr and Ge (assuming they are post A-level, if either is beginners, then put FrB/GeB.
    Hope that's helpful
    Wait ...I've applied for Modern Languages but didn't put in any further details about the languages? Have I messed up? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Computing :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b1993)
    Offer for Geoscience at St Mary's - AAB! arrrghhh! I really didn't expect to get an offer from Durham, especially with my GCSEs, applied just as a very far reach hopeful! Can't believe it!
    Congratulations!!

ReputationRep:

Well done! out of interest, what were your gcses and predicted grades like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XDaydreamer)
    Wait ...I've applied for Modern Languages but didn't put in any further details about the languages? Have I messed up? :confused:
    No - I'm pretty sur eit doesn't matter, because you choose the course setup really after you've been accepted anyway don't you. I think it just lets them know, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't make any difference.

ReputationRep:
    I wish Durham didn't have the AES, with my other unis I know I just have to wait until UCAS send me an email about an update to track but with Durham I can see if I've been accepted before the update so I'm constantly checking on AES!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -kit-kat-)
    Computing :heart:
    I am also applying for CS.
    Have you heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from the biology department yet ?

ReputationRep:
    I see many people receiving offers from St Mary's... Should I be afraid if I haven't received anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mansonJP)
    I am also applying for CS.
    Have you heard anything yet?
    not yet its one of my risky options though so im not too hopeful
    have you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -kit-kat-)
    not yet its one of my risky options though so im not too hopeful
    have you?
    I've had an acknowledgement/AES stuff and it's been sent to dept.

It's been at dept. almost two weeks tho.

When did you apply (I did on the 13th oct).?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.