Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    cornish people seem more welsh than english tbh! do you lot have west country accents???
    There's a few people who have extremely strong Cornish accents, for others it's just a twang. My accents very americanised because I talk to alot of Americans on skype/vent, so much that over the years its rubbed off on me, having never even stepped foot into the country x_x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexIsMyHero)
    I'm getting worried too! Though we applied to 3 of the same places I also applied for York, Oxford, Bristol and Warwick. I haven't seen too many Biology offers being given out yet though so I'm trying not to worry too much...
    yeah ive applied for biology at durham and warwick toooo....let me know if you get any offers...still nothing

ReputationRep:
    I recieved a conditional offer (AAA) for Psychology on the 3rd November (sent on 14th October) for Psychology anyone else heard back for Psychology yet?

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I may have an offer on the way for law....

M101 Law
    Your application has been received by a College
    A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

I was not expecting the law school to come out this early. Now I hope the college makes a decision soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SergioMZ)
    Any Politics and IR offers yet?
    I applied for Combined Honours in Social Sciences ( IR and Middle Eastern Studies)
    got a conditional offer on 4th Nov.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by adam0311)
    Looks like I may have an offer on the way for law....

M101 Law
    Your application has been received by a College
    A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

I was not expecting the law school to come out this early. Now I hope the college makes a decision soon!
    AES isn't reliable 'Please note that occasionally some applications are unsuccessful despite being sent to a college as the University is restricted in the number of home offers it can make and is committed to ensuring that departments and colleges do not make too many offers. Occasionally, a department may inadvertently make a few too many offers, as our monitoring systems are updated on a daily basis rather than in real-time. These applications are recalled within the University and, even though the AES may have shown that an application has been passed to a college for consideration, the University will not be in a position to make an offer and an unsuccessful decision will be recorded at UCAS'

ReputationRep:
    If I get an offer from Durham for history it will be a miracle! I don't suppose my A* predictions will wipe out my GCSE grades (A*A*A*AAAAABBB) for the history admissions tutors will they? NO? Damn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    AES isn't reliable 'Please note that occasionally some applications are unsuccessful despite being sent to a college as the University is restricted in the number of home offers it can make and is committed to ensuring that departments and colleges do not make too many offers. Occasionally, a department may inadvertently make a few too many offers, as our monitoring systems are updated on a daily basis rather than in real-time. These applications are recalled within the University and, even though the AES may have shown that an application has been passed to a college for consideration, the University will not be in a position to make an offer and an unsuccessful decision will be recorded at UCAS'
    I recognize this and its been discussed in earlier threads/postings, but do you really think colleges are going to be full by now? It seems as if everyone who went to the college level this year has been made an offer. Of course there is a chance that I don't get an offer, but I'd like to be optimistic
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by adam0311)
    I recognize this and its been discussed in earlier threads/postings, but do you really think colleges are going to be full by now? It seems as if everyone who went to the college level this year has been made an offer. Of course there is a chance that I don't get an offer, but I'd like to be optimistic
    No, what I'm saying is it might not have been passed on to a college at all, it just says it has. Just don't get your hopes up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    No, what I'm saying is it might not have been passed on to a college at all, it just says it has. Just don't get your hopes up.
    Oh makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Received an AAB offer for Compsci. Application sent on thr 15th Oct. Delighted - at least my Track doesn't look blank anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldfishy)
    Received an AAB offer for Compsci. Application sent on thr 15th Oct. Delighted - at least my Track doesn't look blank anymore
    I'm applying for CS as well. What college did you apply for? When was your app sent to college?

ReputationRep:
    durham is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mansonJP)
    I'm applying for CS as well. What college did you apply for? When was your app sent to college?
    St Aidan's, and the 15th October.

ReputationRep:
    any natural sciences appos went to the college yet?

ReputationRep:
    Applied for English at Collingwood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAlert)
    Applied for English at Collingwood
    Awesome more English people

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Durham! I'm applying for Classics in Hatfield, but am changing to Castle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldfishy)
    St Aidan's, and the 15th October.
    Sorry, I meant when did your AES indicate your application had been received by a college.
    Also what are your As and predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    any natural sciences appos went to the college yet?
    Well mine hasn't.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.