Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philip_H)
    I went for St Aidens as my college.
    Uni choices were: Liverpool, Durham X2, York, Bristol.
    I applied to Biological Anthropology AND Anthropology and Archaeology from Durham.
    Yay St Aidens

Have you seen it? Because I haven't - i just liked the idea of the nice view of the cathedral!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaisyEllis)
    Me either hurrrrrrry uuuuuup aes

(Original post by SergioMZ)
    L250 International Relations
    •Your application has been received by the Department
    •Your application has not yet been received by a College

It's been like that for more than three weeks. Nervous, nervous, really nervous! Agh!
    I'm glad that we can share the pain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sappho)
    Hey
    I wasn't aware that you're applying to Durham too. Which college did you choose?
    St Cuth's. Self-catering and a deep desire not to share a room were my main criteria. I think it took me like a month to pick my Oxford college as opposed to about 20 mins for Durham? xD Anyways, I can guess why you picked castle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afbrennan)
    x
    (Original post by Philip_H)
    x
    Noticed you two are applying for Anthropology, there is an Anthropology applicants' thread if you're interested; http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...hropology+2011

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    Anyways, I can guess why you picked castle!
    Do you?

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody had offers from the language department yet? I'm finding 'Your application has not yet been received by a College' quite frustrating too. =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sappho)
    Do you?
    Isn't that the one where you might get to live in a castle?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have just recieved a conditional on ucas track and my original choice of college, St Chads, is still listed as my 'campus'.
    Does this mean that my first choice of college has accepted me, or do I need to wait to be contacted personally by my allocated college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    Isn't that the one where you might get to live in a castle?
    Hm, yes That's one of the reasons, indeed. Another one was that (at least I thought so) Sempiternitas was applying there too. I found out that she didn't but she changed her application to Castle now
    I also really liked the description in the prospectus and the video on the website, with drama and a choir and stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chem_applicant)
    Hi, I have just recieved a conditional on ucas track and my original choice of college, St Chads, is still listed as my 'campus'.
    Does this mean that my first choice of college has accepted me, or do I need to wait to be contacted personally by my allocated college?

It's the same for me. I don't think that means it's confirmed, just your choice. But, to be honest, they're veeery unlikely to be full up at this stage so you should get your choice of college : ) Just sit back and relax now that you have your offer XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pipster93)
    Aha! I get what you mean by the strange, confused looks and the questions! I've got a friend who started this year at Hild Bede, doing Law. She loves it! I've applied for Cuths. And I've also applied for a joint honours with Sociology at Collingwood.

Wow at your grades! I'm predicted A*AB/A*AA and if I get an offer Durham will definitely be my firm! Manchester's my insurance (or firm if I don't get into Durham) - I got an offer the other day for ABB. Again, the only thing I'm worrying about with Durham is my GCSE grades! x
    Don't worry about GCSEs - I don't even have any!! I have the french "equivalent" - but in all honesty it's not an equivalent at all, certainly not compared to somebody with a good set of GCSEs. Any university with even a vague knowledge of foreign qualifications would know that what I have is a lot less impressive than GSCEs, and I still got an offer, so I wouldn't worry about it!
    I'm also feeling slightly foolish now in that I picked the college based on wikipedia / what friends said / what people on here said / what my mother said. I'd better like it in the flesh now! :P x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennyrenhaigh)
    Don't worry about GCSEs - I don't even have any!! I have the french "equivalent" - but in all honesty it's not an equivalent at all, certainly not compared to somebody with a good set of GCSEs. Any university with even a vague knowledge of foreign qualifications would know that what I have is a lot less impressive than GSCEs, and I still got an offer, so I wouldn't worry about it!
    I'm also feeling slightly foolish now in that I picked the college based on wikipedia / what friends said / what people on here said / what my mother said. I'd better like it in the flesh now! :P x
    Ahh no I'm sure it's great! Apparantly it's really beautiful. I found it to be a bit far away from the science site though, which is where Anthropology is taught. That's why I went for Collingwood (only a minute away) and Cuths (the closest of the Bailey colleges)! But then again, it is Durham. Nowhere's particularly far. I'm going up to Durham in Feb/March time to visit my friend (who's at Hild Bede!), I'll let you know what it's like! Haha

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tracey88)
    I went for John Snow
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, it's probably nothing to worry about! Is Durham your first choice? Good luck with your application
    It my joint first choice, yeah. Same to you! Let me know if you hear anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonj. =])
    Has anybody had offers from the language department yet? I'm finding 'Your application has not yet been received by a College' quite frustrating too. =/
    Yeah I received an offer on tuesday. What languages do you plan to study?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything for history?! Or any idea when we might?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catherine93)
    Anyone heard anything for history?! Or any idea when we might?!
    nothing till jan for us lot =[

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything for natural sciences? Waiting is killing me, it's gotten to the stage where I now have a firefox addon which will check my email for me every minutes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hnk2401)
    Yay St Aidens

Have you seen it? Because I haven't - i just liked the idea of the nice view of the cathedral!
    No I haven't seen it, I couldn't decide which college to choose so I tried to choose one which looked close to my course but also had some sports stuff. I was torn between Collingwood and Aidens. To be honest, I don't mind all that much which college I get into, so long as I get into the actual course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nofish4u)
    nothing till jan for us lot =[
    Daaaaamn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jing_jing)
    Anyone heard anything for natural sciences? Waiting is killing me, it's gotten to the stage where I now have a firefox addon which will check my email for me every minutes!
    Not a sausage

Spoiler:
    Show

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.