Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robynxxx)
    wooohoo! i just got a conditional offer for modern languages (french and spanish)... need to get 2 As and a B in my advanced highers but i'm just so excited to have gotten an offer for somewhere!
    congratulations!!! nice to have another language person =] what college did you specify?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sappho)
    Hi all

I'm applying for Classics at Castle. Haven't heard anything, so I'm very curious to find out whether they'll offer me a place soon...

Any classicists around?
    Hi, applying for Classics too, Cambridge, Durham, St Andrews, Bristol + Nottingham cant stop checking aes! Do you know if any classicists have Durham offers and when they will let us know?

ReputationRep:
    Anthropology at University!
    Also applying to Bristol, Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laytono)
    Hi, applying for Classics too, Cambridge, Durham, St Andrews, Bristol + Nottingham cant stop checking aes! Do you know if any classicists have Durham offers and when they will let us know?
    Yes, I know of at least one who already has an offer for Classics at Durham. But I also know of a couple of people who haven't heard anything like you and me.
    Which college did you go for? Any offers from other unis yet?

ReputationRep:
    Conditional from St. Cuth's to do Combined Social Sciences (: I was expecting a rejection so this is going to make picking a firm way harder!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashhh)
    Conditional from St. Cuth's to do Combined Social Sciences (: I was expecting a rejection so this is going to make picking a firm way harder!
    woo!

Out of interest, are you going to do sociology, philosophy and politics? Just interested in why you didn't apply for PP (apart from the fact that Combined is the most amazing course ever).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playxsailxliv)
    Yeah I received an offer on tuesday. What languages do you plan to study?
    I have also applied for modern languages at Durham! Do you mind me asking what your offer is? AAB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by njs)
    I have also applied for modern languages at Durham! Do you mind me asking what your offer is? AAB?
    Nice! Which ones do you plan to study? Have they made a decision yet?

And I don't mind at all haha, it's an IB offer though so I'm not sure how much it'll mean =P But it's 36 overall with a 6 in HL French.

Is Durham your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashhh)
    Congrats on your offer! =]

How did they inform you of your college?! You're so lucky to know the wait is killing me :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sappho)
    Yes, I know of at least one who already has an offer for Classics at Durham. But I also know of a couple of people who haven't heard anything like you and me.
    Which college did you go for? Any offers from other unis yet?
    Was the one who got an offer an international student? That would make me feel better! Got an offer from Nottingham, AAB. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playxsailxliv)
    Congrats on your offer! =]

How did they inform you of your college?! You're so lucky to know the wait is killing me :confused:
    The campus code for St. Cuth's was somewhere on Track, I *think* - maybe the offer letter?

(Original post by angelmxxx)
    woo!

Out of interest, are you going to do sociology, philosophy and politics? Just interested in why you didn't apply for PP (apart from the fact that Combined is the most amazing course ever).
    Yup, Sociology, Philosophy and Politics. Not many places do a combined honours program so it seemed stupid not to take advantage of it (:

ReputationRep:
    I need a bit of advice, Durham is my top uni and has given me AAB offer which I'll probably achieve (touch wood).
    But, Bristol has offered A*BB....how unwise is it to put Bristol as a reserve?
    Got my offer on Wed, how long does it take for colleges to get back to you? Not that it's important, It'd just be nice to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catherine93)
    Anyone heard anything for history?! Or any idea when we might?!
    Don't know, applied in september and nothing until yesterday when my AES changed to
    V100 History - ft
    •Your application has been received by a College
    •A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

So hopefully they'll make decisions soon!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    My AES changed to received by college too, I so hope I'm not the minority that shows up as accepted when it's really rejected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage05)
    anyone heard who is applying for biomed?!
    I got a cond. offer yesterday, but my AES still hasn't changed yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laytono)
    Was the one who got an offer an international student? That would make me feel better! Got an offer from Nottingham, AAB. How about you?
    Yes, she is. Do internationals usually get a decision earlier? Don't scare me, please, I'm an international too...
    No offers or rejections yet here. I've applied on 14 October, so about a month ago. When did you apply?
    Which Cambridge college are you applying to?
    Do you know Latin and/or Greek or will you start (one of) them from scratch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pipster93)
    That's quite alright!! An easy assumption to make

Have you recieved an offer yet? If so well done! If not, good luck to you too!

x

No, I'm applying late as wanted to initially do a gap year and know have changed career routes, so aiming to submit my app. this week.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    F105 Chemistry - Mchem

* Your application has been received by a College
    * A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

finally updated!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long it takes to be confirmed by a college?

I got an offer through UCAS on Thursday, and it says that a college will be in contact "soon".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    Does anyone know how long it takes to be confirmed by a college?

I got an offer through UCAS on Thursday, and it says that a college will be in contact "soon".
    About 5 days(ish), think it depends on the college

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.