Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emarliv)
    Hey,
    Have many people applying for combined honours in social sciences gotten offers/sent to college - reading through this thread I think I can find a few
    I sent my application off just over a month ago and not a peep!
    I'm starting to stress.... (or on the flip side has anyone been rejected yet?)
    I've not heard anything for comb social sciences either and I sent it off in September! They can just sometimes be really slow I think so I'm not stressing much. Out of interest, what subjects have you applied for?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Does anyone else have 'Your occupancy agreement will be available from 2010-09-06 08:00' on their main page? And if so, what stage are you at on AES track?
    I'm rather confused as I think that only just popped up after being accepted by college :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playxsailxliv)
    congratulations!!! nice to have another language person =] what college did you specify?
    thankyou very much! did you get an offer too? which languages are you studying? i didn't actually specify a college.. just put down an open application as i unfortunately didn't have a chance to visit the uni so wasn't sure about which college i really liked.. which college did you apply to?

just read back through the last few pages of this thread and i see that you do have an offer... CONGRATS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    she probably went into the interview too cocky or something like that, things happen
    i hope i dont need an A*, put more stress on me!!
    Biochem must be harder than natural sciences then
    Not even sure she had an interview! Meh, doesn't matter either way, I expect she'll get into Oxford.!
    Yeah, I think I can probably get one in Maths but nothing else!
    Yeah, I Durham's natural sciences is funny though, it has things like economics and philosophy in, very different from somewhere like Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Does anyone else have 'Your occupancy agreement will be available from 2010-09-06 08:00' on their main page? And if so, what stage are you at on AES track?
    I'm rather confused as I think that only just popped up after being accepted by college :/
    Yes, have that as well. And right now have an offer on UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emarliv)
    Hey,
    Have many people applying for combined honours in social sciences gotten offers/sent to college - reading through this thread I think I can find a few
    I sent my application off just over a month ago and not a peep!
    I'm starting to stress.... (or on the flip side has anyone been rejected yet?)
    Hey,

seriously don't panic!
    Admissions are done by the head of department who obviously have full-time schedules, so it will take a while. Almost everyone (home students anyway) will be a 'maybe' student - as in not predicted under AAA or anything, and not so indisputably amazing that they'd give them an offer any day. So it will take months to select candidates out of a lot of very well qualified applicants. Not all the applications have even been received yet as the deadline is the 15th Jan! I waited til mid-March for my good news so hang in there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robynxxx)
    thankyou very much! did you get an offer too? which languages are you studying? i didn't actually specify a college.. just put down an open application as i unfortunately didn't have a chance to visit the uni so wasn't sure about which college i really liked.. which college did you apply to?

just read back through the last few pages of this thread and i see that you do have an offer... CONGRATS!
    I'm gonna be doing French and Russian (hopeeeeefully spanish if they'll let me, though I didn't continue with it after GCSE). Yeahh I'm international so I didn't either, but I looked at maps and read up on the different colleges and wound up putting an application in for Castle. I'd really be happy anywhere though haha but I suppose my second choice would be either Trevelyan or Hatfield, though like I said, I'm happy to be offered a place at all so I'm not too bothered about the college =]

What made you want to study languages at university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cravez)
    im also applying for biomed, do you mind telling me your grades?
    I dont' mind but it is an Abitur offer as I am from Germany so I doubt that it will help you.
    I have 12 to 13 out of 15 in adavanced Chemistry but my other advanced class is German. Biology an average of 12 to 13 out of 15 and Physics only 10 out of 15. Math I got 14 out of 15.
    But actually these grades do not really matter as they ask for an overall average of 1.9 to 2.1 and currently I am predicted a 1.5.
    Good luck to you!:crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    Biochem must be harder than natural sciences then
    Sounds unlikely, since the standard offer for Biochemistry is ABB and for Natural Sciences is AAA.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by student456)
    From what I hear you probably wont hear anything from ucas for up to a week!
    Congratulations though, you're pretty much guaranteed an offer whats your academic profile/predicted grades? Are you international?
    I'm still waiting i've applied for L1R1 Economics with French, anyone heard anything for that?
    Yup, I'm international which might explain why they got back to me much earlier. My school doesn't tell us our predicted grades, so no clue there . I do the IB program so I guess its around/above the Durham requirement of 37 points for Economics. Not sure about the A-Level equivalent of that.

Oh good luck with your application, I am sure Durham will start notifying very soon!

Oh, and my AES updated on a Thursday evening, not Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playxsailxliv)
    I'm gonna be doing French and Russian (hopeeeeefully spanish if they'll let me, though I didn't continue with it after GCSE). Yeahh I'm international so I didn't either, but I looked at maps and read up on the different colleges and wound up putting an application in for Castle. I'd really be happy anywhere though haha but I suppose my second choice would be either Trevelyan or Hatfield, though like I said, I'm happy to be offered a place at all so I'm not too bothered about the college =]

What made you want to study languages at university?
    awh that's awesome, where are you from?
    .. i'm hoping to pick up a 3rd language too at some point
    i applied to languages because i don't know what job or that i want to do yet so i just want to study something that i really enjoy. and i feel like it would be such a waste to have done my languages all through high school but never be able to do them fluently! haha. but i really like reading and stuff so i want to be able to read in other languages.. i don't know really, i've just always really been interested in language so i'm excited! yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robynxxx)
    awh that's awesome, where are you from?
    .. i'm hoping to pick up a 3rd language too at some point
    i applied to languages because i don't know what job or that i want to do yet so i just want to study something that i really enjoy. and i feel like it would be such a waste to have done my languages all through high school but never be able to do them fluently! haha. but i really like reading and stuff so i want to be able to read in other languages.. i don't know really, i've just always really been interested in language so i'm excited! yourself?
    I live in Washington DC =]

Yeah the thing that I think is great about languages is that they're applicable to so many different areas. I think I'd like to work in the foreign service and think that studying languages would be a good place to start working towards that and then maybe studying international relations or politics at a post graduate level, but who knows how it'll happen =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Yea i have that too.... i think it only recently came up! but my date is sometime in october...
    my aes still says 'received by the department'. so i have no idea what it is!! does anyone know what the whole occupancy agreement is?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    hey guysh. I've got an English offer for deferred entry in 2012 but I've been told my college will "contact me shortly" in order to confirm which college has accepted me. I've had my offer for about a week now and was wondering if anyone else knows how long it takes to get confirmation from a college?

ReputationRep:
    ye after my diploma im goign to find some good pieces to play
    my mum doesnt see the point, but I do, and ill try and keep it up at uni, trying to get into a few concerts, stuff like that
    Durham is my second choice, after cambridge (hope they dont read this!!)
    I didn't like UCL, I prefer the close knit community of somewhere like Durham, and it is easier to form ensembles there
    Fair enough - I do know what you mean about London places not really having much of a community. I officially got my offer from Durham today btw! AAB with an A in Music

Have you heard yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taltal)
    I've not heard anything for comb social sciences either and I sent it off in September! They can just sometimes be really slow I think so I'm not stressing much. Out of interest, what subjects have you applied for?
    Economics and history, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jing_jing)
    Not even sure she had an interview! Meh, doesn't matter either way, I expect she'll get into Oxford.!
    Yeah, I think I can probably get one in Maths but nothing else!
    Yeah, I Durham's natural sciences is funny though, it has things like economics and philosophy in, very different from somewhere like Cambridge!
    Natural sciences dont interview at durham do they? I'm sure they said they didnt at the oen day
    Natural Sciences is different everywhere, with odd modules everywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dolphin.Girl.78)
    Fair enough - I do know what you mean about London places not really having much of a community. I officially got my offer from Durham today btw! AAB with an A in Music

Have you heard yet?
    I havent got an official offer yet, but iv applied to a competitive college so it will be a while before i hear back
    congratulations!
    is AAB what you expected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    Hey,

seriously don't panic!
    Admissions are done by the head of department who obviously have full-time schedules, so it will take a while. Almost everyone (home students anyway) will be a 'maybe' student - as in not predicted under AAA or anything, and not so indisputably amazing that they'd give them an offer any day. So it will take months to select candidates out of a lot of very well qualified applicants. Not all the applications have even been received yet as the deadline is the 15th Jan! I waited til mid-March for my good news so hang in there
    Thanks - that was genuinely really comforting!

I guess I know it'll take ages, but that doesn't stop me checking back to AES every 5 minutes just in case...ugh I'm so impatient.

ReputationRep:
    Natural sciences dont interview at durham do they? I'm sure they said they didnt at the oen day
    Natural Sciences is different everywhere, with odd modules everywhere
    I'm pretty sure they don't, seem to remember reading that on their website.
    :yep: But I guess that's what attracted me to it!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.